The Runway Votes #8

deboratibi

27 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favourite entries

2. 2. Choose your favourite entries

The time has come for you to vote for your favourite entries! You can vote for as many entries as you like (except your own, of course).

Please make sure to check the animation link below each entry for a better viewing.

Current theme: Aquatic

Voting period: Monday, February 29th - Sunday, March 6th

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Voting is now officially closed! And the winners are...

1st Place

runwaygold_tdn.png

uniquegenius

Underwater Archaeologist

8runway_1stplace.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1115596
"Intrepid, yet not without the grace of a proper gentleman."

2nd Place

runwaysilver_tdn.png

deboratibi

Fierce Flotsam

8runway_2ndplace.png

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1114462

"This fierce looking Flotsam guards the Queen's castle"

3rd Place

runwaybronze_tdn.png

LittleOwl
Coral Keeper

8runway_3rdplace.png

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1115814

Congratulations to all winners and thank you to everyone who participated!

Don't forget to check the main topic for information on the next contest.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Aquatic Protector

medium_preview.png

by Panthersclaw

Animation link: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1114848
"She watches over the maraquan pets and petpets that swim among her coral, protecting them from whirlpools and (possibly) underwater pirates"

Aquatic

medium_preview.png

by Jeanne

Animation link: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1115222

"Coral loves living underwater. She loves all the sea creatures, big and small, and all the beautiful, bright colors that are everywhere! 
Whenever a sea creature is sad or lonely, they seek out Coral, and she plays them soft, happy music on her flute, that she made out of her yew wand. At night, she plays sweet, beautiful lullaby's for all to hear. Even the whales will stop to listen!"

The Enchantment Under the Sea Dance
medium_preview.png
by Nielo
"Underwater parties are the best parties."

Underwater Archaeologist
medium_preview.png
by uniquegenius
"Intrepid, yet not without the grace of a proper gentleman."

Royal Aquatic Peophin
medium_preview.png
by darkangel93

Finn
medium_preview.png
by myflower44
"Just hanging out with my two BFFs"

Maraquan Xweetok
medium_preview.png
by Catexia

Coral Keeper
medium_preview.png
by LittleOwl
All little Coral's life, he loved the ocean. The little blue jubjub would often spend his days along the shoreline, cleaning up after tourists tirelessly, and swimming out as far as he dared just before the beaches closed to try and clean up any litter and debris that got swept out before he could gather it. He knew careless tourist's effects on the petpets-- and even on neopets! -- who lived under water!
One day, though, the beach got an emergency warning: Close immediately, a sudden, violent storm is coming!
Not terribly prepared for such a storm -- and not wanting to cause a panic -- the lifeguards announced the beach was closing... But didn't say why. They just packed up their spots and hurried off. 

And while Coral thought that was strange, he didn't think much more of it. Just that he had to hurry and do his final swim before someone yelled at him for staying after-hours. Which is how he was so far out from shore when the storm hit. The sky turned black, the waves a dark, murky green, and winds and rain fast enough to bend over trees started flying. The waves themselves tossed Coral back and forth, and pulled him under whenever he tried to get his bearings. Before he knew it, a riptide had pulled him so far away, he couldn't even see the shore, on any side! After fighting just to stay afloat so long, he grew tired. He couldn't see the land, and couldn't swim any longer. One last, extra large wave pushed him back under. Just when all hope was lost, a water faerie caught him... And put him in a bubble. "I've been watching you, brave neopet," she said, "Year after year you visit the water's edge, and work dawn til dusk to keep it clean. You've saved countless petpets that get stuck in debris, and make the water a safer, brighter place for all who live here." "Because of that," she said, guiding the bubble down to the ocean floor, "I give you a gift." Bright, blue magic surrounded Coral... And when he opened his eyes, that's exactly what he was. "Now you can live both in sea and on land," said the faerie with a smile, "And the reefs may be your home as much as the sandy shores." With that, the bubble popped. And while he does visit the shores from time to time, he's been exploring the seas around his home -- and keeping them safe and bright -- ever since.

Aquatic Gelert
medium_preview.png
by Gulsanga
"All she ever wanted was to see above the shores, where all the other Gelerts with four paws roamed. But her curse was permanent and her wish was buried deep beneath the ocean floor."

Underwater Warrior
medium_preview.png
by TinaS88

Yurbles Can Swim
medium_preview.png
by PsychoSienna

Fierce Flotsam
medium_preview.png
by deboratibi
"This fierce looking Flotsam guards the Queen's castle"

Drowning in Dosh
2ypdgyq.png
by mellzarankkid
"Tallulah the Zafara got carried out to sea at Krawk Island! But alas she has found herself drowning in a more pleasant way!"

Skulptra the Malicious
medium_preview.png
by Aurorix

I've been looking over these entries over the last couple of days and I honestly cannot pick a favourite. They're all done beautifully so you all get a vote from me. :)

WOW!! this contest has come so far.. I'm going to have to think on my votes. Great job with the contest, Deb :) <3

Aww, thank you Shelley! That means a lot to me  <3

I hope to see you enter some day!