Neopets password issues?

myriamele

I tried to log into my Neopets account yesterday and my password was incorrect, so I clicked the link that said I couldn't remember my password, and I received an error message that said password recovery is no longer available. So, I clicked on the link to reset my password, then clicked on the link in the email I received, and reset my password. When I tried to log on to Neopets after that, I again received the message that my password was incorrect. So far, I've tried that 4 times in the past two days, and I keep getting the same error messages.

I tried contacting support, but, you can't if you aren't logged in...

So, I created a new neopets account and went to read the bulletin boards to see if anyone else was having the same problem, but I didn't see anything, so I tried to post on the help bb to ask if anyone was and received the message that you have to be a member of Neopets for 24 hrs before you can post on the bulletin boards.

I sent a support request from the new account saying that I was having trouble with my old account, and then went to the Facebook page and saw a whole lot of people saying they aren't receiving help with their tickets. (not very encouraging, that)

So, I tried to log onto my old account /and/ my new account this morning, and, am receiving the same errors - have tried to reset the passwords, reset them, they're still not working - although I /have/ been receiving the standard email saying my password reset request had been done.

Has anyone else been having this problem and if so, have you been able to contact Neopets without having an account, and/or getting any actual help with it?

I know no-one here can actually fix the problem, but I'm hoping someone might have some other creative suggestions or at least know what I'm talking about. :)

Thank you,

Myriamele

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Neopets Help'.

That's really odd. The only thing I can think of doing, is sending them a message on Facebook to explain what's going on. I've heard that sometimes that's more effective than sending a ticket.

I hope you'll be able to access your account(s) again soon!

log into your side account and do a search for your main. look at your userlookup.

if when you click your username from the search it says "THIS USER HAS BEEN DISABLED" that means they've frozen you. Which could be for a number of reasons. someone may have tried to log in from a different location while you were on and they froze you for safety. I don't know. 

The only thing you can do in that circumstance is submit a ticket. right now they seem to be dealing with tickets between 3-6 months (which is ridiculous, don't get me wrong). If you don't hear anything back in about 2-3 weeks, start messaging them on their public facebook page. Usually their social media person will put the message through to fast track the ticket process if she sees your.

at this point your best bet is just to play from your new side account until they resolve your issue. I'm really sorry :/

I'm sorry to hear about you not being able to login! That's so strange it happened to both accounts.

The only weird thing that has happened to me was that I got an email asking if I wanted to reset my account password. Since I didn't request it myself, I denied but, but nonetheless strange!

Good luck and I hope you get access back!

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if anyone has thought that maybe this has more to do with a computer update? I went over to my moms house and used her old computer and was able to log on to my account but I am not able to on my two computers at my house. I remember when internet explorer couldn't run neopets or some games and you had to download firefox if you wanted to use them. I already tried to do that but it didn't work but its a thought. "WHAT IF" its some kind of cookie or spam block or setting? I am like many here and have had this account for years if it has to do with that and neopets has made changes they should tell the users that have been loyal to there site. Please let me know what you think because I can't figure this out on my own.  :bike: :guitar:  :dance:  :happydance: 

I was wondering if anyone has thought that maybe this has more to do with a computer update? I went over to my moms house and used her old computer and was able to log on to my account but I am not able to on my two computers at my house. I remember when internet explorer couldn't run neopets or some games and you had to download firefox if you wanted to use them. I already tried to do that but it didn't work but its a thought. "WHAT IF" its some kind of cookie or spam block or setting? I am like many here and have had this account for years if it has to do with that and neopets has made changes they should tell the users that have been loyal to there site. Please let me know what you think because I can't figure this out on my own.  :bike: :guitar:  :dance:  :happydance: 

Personally, I do not think it is that. In the last couple of weeks, looking at the "Help" Neoboard, I have seen several topics and posts about individuals being unable to login to their accounts. In many of the cases, the accounts were "disabled". It seems Neopets no longer gives a reason for the account being disabled or frozen, as was the case, in the past. However, your account doesn't appear to be disabled or frozen. (At least the user lookup for charmander_firefly doesn't appear to be). You can use Internet Explorer with Neopets. However, with IE 11, I found I had to add "neopets.com" (without the quotes) to "Compatibility View Settings". Browser settings could cause issues, such as pop-up blocker, cookie policy, etc, or a third party plugin that disables or you disabled javascript. What error message, if any, do you receive, when trying to log in? Have you already tried clearing your cookies, cache, and browsing history? Do you have any antivirus, Internet security, or malware programs installed that could be causing the issue, too? What is strange, is you can logon from your Mom's computer, but not on your own. If it was your account or password, then you shouldn't be able to logon from any computer. It could be a configuration issue on your computer(s). Just my opinion.

Personally, I do not think it is that. In the last couple of weeks, looking at the "Help" Neoboard, I have seen several topics and posts about individuals being unable to login to their accounts. In many of the cases, the accounts were "disabled". It seems Neopets no longer gives a reason for the account being disabled or frozen, as was the case, in the past. However, your account doesn't appear to be disabled or frozen. (At least the user lookup for charmander_firefly doesn't appear to be). You can use Internet Explorer with Neopets. However, with IE 11, I found I had to add "neopets.com" (without the quotes) to "Compatibility View Settings". Browser settings could cause issues, such as pop-up blocker, cookie policy, etc, or a third party plugin that disables or you disabled javascript. What error message, if any, do you receive, when trying to log in? Have you already tried clearing your cookies, cache, and browsing history? Do you have any antivirus, Internet security, or malware programs installed that could be causing the issue, too? What is strange, is you can logon from your Mom's computer, but not on your own. If it was your account or password, then you shouldn't be able to logon from any computer. It could be a configuration issue on your computer(s). Just my opinion.

When I try to log in it says I have put in the wrong password. If I try to retrieve my password it says its no longer available and to click here. when I put in my account name is says horra! its been found to submit my information to get my password. Then this happens:    Error: An unknown error occurred while trying to send the password reset request. Please try again, or visit the Help Centre. In the help centre there is no help for anyone that is not logged in. There is no way to get help on the website unless you have a friend or make a new account.

So far I have tried to add neopets to the compatibility view and have tried turning off protect mode on my computer. Nothing worked. My account still works on my moms computer as of this morning.

I had this issue on my side account.  It was so weird because I logged in, so I knew my password and I knew it was right. I logged out to go to my main then went back to my side and it said, "bad password."  I have heard horror stories about people being logged out and their accounts disabled, so I thought this may have happened to me.  I logged in to my main and checked, but

my account was still there.  My next thought was that I had been hacked.  Because I had tried my password so many times it told me, "you have tried your password too many times.  You may try again in 59 mins."  Or something to that effect.  The basic gist was that I couldn't try for 1 hour.  However, I WAS able to use the password reset.  I have heard horror stories about the password reset not working for people, but it DID work for me.  I changed the password but I was still not able to login for 1 hour.  After the hour was up, I used my new password, logged in successfully, changed the email account associated with the account (for safety) and haven't had an issue since.

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar issue. I made a new side account this morning, but during creation, I ran into an error message when I entered my email, so I refreshed. Afterwards I was able to continue making the account, but couldnt make a pet for it on my mobile. I had to sign out, and when i tried to sign in again an hour later, it took me to the "bad password" error message. I went to reset my password, and did not get an email, so I tried using the "forgot username" just to see if it would show up as beig associated with my email, and the new account was not on the list. The name of the account means a lot to me, so I would really want to have access to it. I cannot get the support page, all it says is "page expired".

I've been watching the neoboards from my other account and from what I can see, there are all kinds of people who've had their accounts frozen, and from what I can tell, Neopets/Jumpstart is slowly working through all of them to get them corrected. Some people said they've been contacted, some people said they haven't yet, others said it's been resolved, others said that Neopets is still working on it. So, I'm hoping that one day, I'll get my account back. If not, then I just won't bother with them anymore. It sucks that something this big happened and they've not made any kind of announcement or acknowledged it in any way. :(

There are many issues i wish TNT would fix. Personally, from some of the things I have seen I think neopets should get a new team. while the current tnt does their job, they do it slowly and it seems they have stolen fanart before, and seem to have issues with giving players the neocash they bought, and people get frozen for seemingly no reason, and it takes ages to get a reply from them when you do submit a ticket. And now, issues with players being locked out of their accounts. It saddens me, neopets was a big part of my childhood, and is difficult to revisit now, because of all oof these little things. I really hope you have luck getting your account back.

I remember when people were responded to right away and there were hardly any issues at all. I hope I get my account back too and I hope yours gets resolved, as well. It's frustrating when something that used to work so well gets so messed up and it seems like they don't even care.

I am having a similar issue. I made a new side account this morning, but during creation, I ran into an error message when I entered my email, so I refreshed. Afterwards I was able to continue making the account, but couldnt make a pet for it on my mobile. I had to sign out, and when i tried to sign in again an hour later, it took me to the "bad password" error message. I went to reset my password, and did not get an email, so I tried using the "forgot username" just to see if it would show up as beig associated with my email, and the new account was not on the list. The name of the account means a lot to me, so I would really want to have access to it. I cannot get the support page, all it says is "page expired".

Are you trying to access the support page from your desktop or mobile device? If from a desktop, what browser are you using? If it is Chrome, I read on the "Help" Neoboard that it is, apparently, an issue with Chrome and "third party" cookies. Click on the the three horizontal lines, in the top, right corner of Chrome. Click Settings. Click Show advanced settings. Under Privacy, click Content settings. Then, under Cookies, click Manage Exceptions. Add *.parature.com or s2.parature.com. Then try it again. s2.parature.com is the Neopets support/help site. Hopefully, this works and gets you to the support/help page, so you can, at least, open a ticket.