Looking for ridiculously simple layouts

RuxIsQueen

Hey! Long story short I'm pretty new to neopets, but I'm not a newb with coding. My only problem is that I cant code from scratch haha it's probably because I'm too lazy to completely teach myself!

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone knows of any really simple layouts? I'm talking just a simple background, small heading, and a nice colour scheme. The ones I've found by searching on Google have really large graphics and margins, and I just want something super basic. I still need to learn the differences in coding for gallery, shop, user lookup and pet lookup layouts, but I generally want to be able to keep it a consistent colour scheme. I figured I should start with my gallery, so if you know of anything I'd really appreciate it! I can change the colour scheme to my liking and what not, just need a good basis to start out with!

Appreciate it! Thanks

Hi there! Welcome to the Neopets community! My favorite lookup site is Silent Serenity at http://www.neopets.com/~Tines

They have a lot of beautiful lookups, gallery layouts, and pet description layouts. Since you want to go on the lighter side of coding, scroll down to their "Lite CSS" genre where there is fairly minimal coding. If that isn't enough, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the word "previous" to see an even larger selection of options. Good luck! :)

http://www.neopets.com/~xaia

This is probably more along the lines of your style as far as minimalists go. If you didn't like the one I mentioned above, I'm pretty sure this will be more up your alley!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Thank you!

I tried to simply copy/paste the links that NP provides for categories, and then just rearrange a few of them so that I wasn't stuck with them being in alphabetical order but it came up with a bunch of errors -_-

I dont think I did anything wrong so I'm pretty confused lol 

Who knows...Neopets is weird sometimes when it comes to coding. I tried and tried to alter bits and pieces and for whatever reason it simply doesn't work. Oh well. Good luck and I'm looking forward to seeing which one you choose :D

Okay so I just looked at your gallery and it's not showing your different categories of items like you had before. Not sure if you just narrowed them down to only the morphing potions or if the code isn't allowing the categories to show.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Wow, they want you to copy paste the links but they neglected to use " ie <a href=link></a> ugh lol

Okay so I just looked at your gallery and it's not showing your different categories of items like you had before. Not sure if you just narrowed them down to only the morphing potions or if the code isn't allowing the categories to show.
I checked the option to allow for placing the links inside your gallery description rather than before or after the description options. I'm getting there haha should go to bed though its 3am here!

Our TDN Graphics Department also has layouts for you to choose from. Make sure you are pasting the layouts in the Gallery Description section or they won't work properly. :)