Yay for possible new kitty!!

brynchilla

Ever since my last cat died ( ): ) we've been looking for a new kitty.

It seemed that we always got there, fell in love with a kitty,... only to find out that that someone in front of us adopted the kitty.

Headed off to an animal shelter today, and fell in love with two.

Found out the one I really wanted was already adopted, but the other one had no applications for it!!

So cute, much purr.

But, it can't be same day adoption ): and we need to put in an application.

We're turning the application in on Monday as soon as it opens. It takes 1-2 days to hear back from it.

The cat needs to be at least 2 pounds in order to be adopted, and must be spayed/neutered, which they do in South Bend on Fridays.

So it will be about a week before we could possibly bring her home.

Either way, I'm really really excited!!

Time for kitty pictures! (Feature me and my sister's hair)

kitty%201.png

kitty%202.png

kitty%203.png

Aww, cherish your kitty. I live in a family where my parents hate animals so I spend time at my grandma's to take care of her cats. I've always wanted one of my own though.

I hope you get the cute kitty :) and I'm sure your previous cat is in a better place now  <3  0:)

Oh, look at the cute, little kitteh!!!!!

=^.^=

I hope you get it! I have always loved orange colored kitteh!!!

:thumbsup: <3

Cuteness overload! I really hope it works out for you guys, because then you'll get to share even more pictures with us! (My not so secret selfish motives here.) I feel like it's actually a good thing that applications are required because it means that the establishment is legit.

I always feel like there's something special about orange kitties, they're even more adorable than normal. Finger crossed you can take her home!

Awww what a sweet little girl! If I'm not mistaken it is quite rare to have an orange female cat. You'll have to update and tell us what you name her :)

I'm not sure about orange ones, but I know it is darn near impossible to find a male tri-colored kitty :) Something to do with the gene expression. Basically a male calico or tri-colored cat has xxy chromosomes I think, or the cat equivelent of.

She's so cute. I hope you can get her. She looks super fluffy, wonder if she has any maincoon mix in there?

She's so cute. I hope you can get her. She looks super fluffy, wonder if she has any maincoon mix in there?

It can be hard to tell when they're that young I guess, but given what little of her overall structure we can see from these pictures, I'd guess from her big tufty ears and the fluff between her toes (already so long!) that she's probably got at least a little bit of maine coon in her! Great cats, love them to death. Good temperaments.

I sincerely hope you get the little cutie. She looks so sweet. =^w^= I got my kitten from a shelter last year and he is such a little sweetie. We got another kitten shortly but she was (literally) rescued off the street, and she is also sweet. <3

edit: Orange female cats are pretty rare: only about 20% of the orange cats are female since the orange gene attaches to the X chromosomes. Since males only have 1 X chromosome they have a greater chance of having orange fur. For females it has to be on both X chromosomes.

Thank-you for all the love!

Aww, cherish your kitty. I live in a family where my parents hate animals so I spend time at my grandma's to take care of her cats. I've always wanted one of my own though.

I hope you get the cute kitty :) and I'm sure your previous cat is in a better place now  <3  0:)

D: I don't think I would be able to live there! I love my kitties!

): I'm sure she is. Still very sad.

i accidently got a new kitty, too..  found a stray kitten crying on top of my fence..  with over a foot of snow outside, and her face full of boogers from a cold, ive brought her inside, fed and washed her.  she's a calico.  her name is now booger.  felicitations on your maybe new kitty.

all cats go to heaven.

xD Accidentally got a new kitty! I love it when I hear stories like that!

I'm really glad that you were able to take her in! Calicos = love

Cuteness overload! I really hope it works out for you guys, because then you'll get to share even more pictures with us! (My not so secret selfish motives here.) I feel like it's actually a good thing that applications are required because it means that the establishment is legit.

;)

http://www.neopets.com/~dariganto

I visited today to turn in the application, and got a few more. I also took a few videos, but I don't know how to uplaod those D:

I always feel like there's something special about orange kitties, they're even more adorable than normal. Finger crossed you can take her home!

I'm pretty sure I will be! There were no other applications for her, so it looks good.

I've wanted an orange kitty for a few years now, so I'm really happy!!

I'm not sure about orange ones, but I know it is darn near impossible to find a male tri-colored kitty :) Something to do with the gene expression. Basically a male calico or tri-colored cat has xxy chromosomes I think, or the cat equivelent of.

The chance of having a male calico cat is really rare. And then if you do have a male calico cat, it usually won't be able to hae babies.

Ya know, I never thought of it. She def is fluffly enough to have some!

I sincerely hope you get the little cutie. She looks so sweet. =^w^= I got my kitten from a shelter last year and he is such a little sweetie. We got another kitten shortly but she was (literally) rescued off the street, and she is also sweet. <3

edit: Orange female cats are pretty rare: only about 20% of the orange cats are female since the orange gene attaches to the X chromosomes. Since males only have 1 X chromosome they have a greater chance of having orange fur. For females it has to be on both X chromosomes.

I've heard that orange females are rare.

So I'm really happy there was an orange female for me!

Edit: She has a bit of a cold, so that's why her eyes look a little off.

But she's on meds, so it should go way quickly!

I love Zoey too! The picture of her behind the drape/curtain is hilarious. :)

I have an orange girl kitty (we were told she's "apricot", but idk about that). Our old cat passed away, and we were debating whether or not to get another one. Then, my mom's best friend found some flea-ridden kittens advertised on Craigslist by some lady who wasn't willing to pay vet bills. There were two white kittens and two orange. My mom's friend kept one white and one orange, and we did the same! It took some convincing to show my mom that two cats are twice as good as one, but once she met the second, she couldn't say no.  :wub_anim:

Any name ideas yet?? I mean, kitteh is very cute, but that pretty girl would be even cuter with a name!

OMG! What an adorable kitty! <3 I've never had a cat before because my dad was allergic when I was a kid and my boyfriend is allergic now haha. I've always wanted one though. :/

I love Zoey too! The picture of her behind the drape/curtain is hilarious. :)

I have an orange girl kitty (we were told she's "apricot", but idk about that). Our old cat passed away, and we were debating whether or not to get another one. Then, my mom's best friend found some flea-ridden kittens advertised on Craigslist by some lady who wasn't willing to pay vet bills. There were two white kittens and two orange. My mom's friend kept one white and one orange, and we did the same! It took some convincing to show my mom that two cats are twice as good as one, but once she met the second, she couldn't say no.  :wub_anim:

Any name ideas yet?? I mean, kitteh is very cute, but that pretty girl would be even cuter with a name!

): Sorry about your kitty.

That's awful that someone would do that! I mean, I guess it's good that she was able to recognize that she wasn't able to (or willing, I guess) to pay the vet bills and wanted to give them to someone who could. I'm happy that they were able to go to such good homes! (And be able to stay together, too!) I wanted two of the kitties, but my dad would prob leave the house if we came back with two instead of one!!

As of now, there are no name ideas. My mom wants to bring her home first to see her personality. And then my younger sister wants to be there when the cat is named, which most likely means my older sister might want to be there as well. The younger is away at college, and the older lives by herself, so it might be interesting trying to find a date. Might just be Kitty for a little while!

OMG! What an adorable kitty! <3 I've never had a cat before because my dad was allergic when I was a kid and my boyfriend is allergic now haha. I've always wanted one though. :/

): That's awful!

Is it the fur they're allergic to?

I've heard there are special non-alergenic cats, but I don't know.

Edit:

Just got the call, and the application was approved!! :happydance:

She's going down to be neutered (spayed? I always get them confused!) on Friday, and will be available to picked up!!

I'll be babysitting then, and won't be able to go to pick up kitty :(  but it will be a  nice 'surprise' when I get home!b

Hooray! The one pic where she is halfway standing is so cute I made a bunch of squeaky noises. Made my own kitties run away lol. Bringing her home is going to be so fun, watching her explore her new surroundings and whatnot =] Are the cats indoor only cats, or indoor/outdoor?

Hooray! The one pic where she is halfway standing is so cute I made a bunch of squeaky noises. Made my own kitties run away lol. Bringing her home is going to be so fun, watching her explore her new surroundings and whatnot =] Are the cats indoor only cats, or indoor/outdoor?

*makes more squeaky noises from reading your post*

I'm really excited to see that, too!

They're mostly indoor, with a little adventure outside every now and then.

That's so exciting! It's a good idea to know their personality first. I'm horrible at naming things, I was so indecisive when we were naming ours :P Definitely keep us updated!

Apparently neither Mooshie or Moxie are good enough names yet.

Lol, oh well.

Def will keep everyone posted!

Edit:

Guess who's home???

:DDDDD

4 new pictures and a bit of text.

http://www.neopets.com/~dariganto

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010993237940

I hope this works.

I created a FB account and put some videos up.

(I'm not sure which ones I made public, there might be another orange kitty which was our second choice.)

(No, that's not my real name)

Congrats on your new kitteh!!!!

= ^ _ ^ =

Very cute pictures! I'm so glad you posted some more. Let us know what name you choose. Your other cat is beautiful as well.

Congrats on your new kitteh!!!!

= ^ _ ^ =

Very cute pictures! I'm so glad you posted some more. Let us know what name you choose. Your other cat is beautiful as well.

:D Her name is Emma!

(Unsure on middle names, as of now. Clara, Selene and a few others are up for grabs.)