The Backstage: Alternative Entries!

deboratibi

It's been a while, so I've got quite a few entries to share:

Cold as Ice
EnY1PUs.png 5L65VDg.png
https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1271749 | https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1271342

(The second one would be called "Taelia Fangirl" lol)

An Ixi's Holiday
DsMjZM6.png
https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1262263

Shenkuu Style
fZgTIAf.png GUfLcjo.png
https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1202248 | https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1308388

Totally Tonu
nXzro8s.png
https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1320031

Literary Characters
HrWQy4k.png
https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1263009

(This is my take on The Picture of Dorian Gray - this is a representation of the portrait, of course)

Totally Tonu

TDN_runway_round_34.jpg   small_preview.png   small_preview.png

Green with Envy

TDN_runway_green.jpg    small_preview.png

Literary characters

Alice (in Wonderland)          Matilda                                Professor Snape

small_preview.png   small_preview.png     small_preview.png 

And then there's the one I'd intended to send in, until I began to feel like it looked a little familar. So I looked through previous rounds, and found out that @Musical_Shoyru created a very similar entry for the Quirky Quiggles round. Either I subconsciously copied it, or great minds think alike (and Neopets happens to provide some great wearables for this character). I did end up changing mine a little - I even had the same background at first - while considering sending it in, but it didn't feel right, so I'll just post it here instead:

Willy Wonka

small_preview.png

1 hour ago, deboratibi said:

Those are all really great, Nielo! My favourite is the Matilda and the Snape one :heart:

Thanks! :smile:

I seriously considered entering those, but I have the bad habit of trying to predict how many people will do a similar entry. I'm always wrong, so you'd think I'd have learned by now to stop doing that, but no.

37 minutes ago, Nielo said:

Thanks! :smile:

I seriously considered entering those, but I have the bad habit of trying to predict how many people will do a similar entry. I'm always wrong, so you'd think I'd have learned by now to stop doing that, but no.

If it makes you feel any better, I always try to predict things about the contest (how many people will enter, if anyone will do a particular idea, who will win, etc.) and I am often wrong, haha. But you know, next time you can ask me if someone has done something, if you want. I can't provide any details, but if you simply ask "Has anyone done X?", I'll give you a yes or no answer. 

56 minutes ago, deboratibi said:

If it makes you feel any better, I always try to predict things about the contest (how many people will enter, if anyone will do a particular idea, who will win, etc.) and I am often wrong, haha. But you know, next time you can ask me if someone has done something, if you want. I can't provide any details, but if you simply ask "Has anyone done X?", I'll give you a yes or no answer. 

Lol. :)

Thanks, I keep forgetting to do that. Perhaps this'll help me remember next time!

• 2 months later...

Hi! Here are my alternative entries for past Runway contests:

Neopia's Newest Faerie:

Dream Faerie

medium_preview.png

Neopia's version of the Sandman!

Literary Characters:

I Don't Want To Go Among Mad People - Alice in Wonderland | My Father Will Hear About This - Draco Malfoy | Small Provincial Town - Belle in Beauty and the Beast | Bereaved Red Widow - Cheryl Blossom in Archie Comics (Riverdale inspired)

medium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.pngmedium_preview.png

Altador Cup

Unsung Hero

medium_preview.png

He's been doing this job for nearly 50 years now trying to make ends meet. Hey, seeing his favorite Team Altador for free is a bonus!

Altador Cup- Krawk Island Fans

2.png    2.png    2.png    2.png

Kokariia                           Harry_the_Toothless                  Harrund                           Azula__n__n

My crew is so psyched for Altador Cup! Pirates 4 Life! :skull: Though they use death symbols all the time? :snitch:

• 1 month later...

Here are my alternates for Transformation!

Picture of Dorian Gray

Before     http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1409318'

medium_preview.png     

After     http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1409321

medium_preview.png

I also did a Cinderella

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1401539

medium_preview.png

and

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1401540

medium_preview.png

It cannot seem to keep the dress on the BEFORE picture

My alternate entry for the Avatar-Chomby Colourful

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1420146

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Mouseykins) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please do not double or TRIPLE post. Use the edit button to add new/additional comments.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

As promised, a whole bunch of Time Travellers:

Barry the Time Sprout            Calvin & Hobbes:                  Philip J. Fry
(Robert Rankin novels):         
                                            (Futurama):

Barry_the_Time_Sprout.jpg Calvin_and_Hobbes.jpg Philip_J_Fry_different_haircut.jpg

Time travel tourists:
Time_Travel_Tourist_1.jpg Time_Travel_Tourist_2.jpg Time_Traveller.jpg

And last but not least, my Back to the Future customs. I really wanted to send one of these in, especially Doc or Marty (Biff was a bit of a last minute addition), because Back to the Future has been my favourite film since I was 9, but I wasn't entirely happy with how they turned out (because I love these films so much, I might've been a tad too obsessed with wanting them to be perfect).

Marty McFly:                Doc Brown:                  Biff Tannen:

Marty_Mc_Fly.jpg Doc_Brown_with_lightning.jpg Biff_Tannen.jpg

Here was my other time traveler for #52. I tried to do Marty, but I couldn't get him right. For such an iconic character, there were pretty few items I found that really fit with him. No skateboard, no sports almanac-looking booklet, etc. 

medium_preview.png

17 hours ago, FreakyBowie said:

Here was my other time traveler for #52. I tried to do Marty, but I couldn't get him right. For such an iconic character, there were pretty few items I found that really fit with him. No skateboard, no sports almanac-looking booklet, etc. 

medium_preview.png

Yup, I had the exact same problem! I'd really expected to at least find a skateboard, but none of the skateboard items on Neopets are wearable.

(I like how we both decided to use a Shoyru though. :D)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are a couple recent ones:

Easter Cybunny

I did this Spring cleaning one, then re-read the theme and its description: dress up a Cybunny in celebration of Easter. Oops. So, I scrapped this "Spring" themed one and instead went for a Negg-painting scheme.

medium_preview.png

Superheroes

I started these two fellows, but really wasn't sure how to finish them or give them that extra something. But then I thought, "a Bruce as Bruce Wayne," and I promptly abandoned these ones. Here's Wolverine and The Incredible Hulk:

medium_preview.png medium_preview.png

• 2 months later...

for the gods theme I chose the Greek hero Hercules (he was a demi-god) 

with some of his accomplished missions ( Nemean Lion - Belt of Hippolyte -  Cattle of Geryon - Apples of the Hesperides)

he is standing at the ruins of Delphi waiting for the oracle to appear . holding his famous club 

the snake on his arm is a reminder of the snakes that Hera sent to kill him as a baby , which he easily strangled in his crib

medium_preview.png

My brain did a dirty on me and didn't let me submit my Runway entry, nor even let me come on here at all for the past few days, so I'll post mine here instead, lol.

I went for Osiris, the god of life and death and the flooding of the Nile. He's one of the ones who married his sister (Isis), though I think they pretty much all did that didn't they.

Lawp2OL.jpg

medium_preview.png

I was pretty pleased with myself for being able to portray his bandaged feet, though I wonder if they were like that from permanent athlete's foot from causing all that flooding. ? and why on earth was he green?! :huh:

1 hour ago, jellysundae said:

permanent athlete's foot from causing all that flooding

HAHAHAHAHAHA ewww LOL

Poor Osiris was murdered and dismembered by Set. Isis probably picked up the fragments and bandaged everything back together together. Afterwards Isis got pregnant by the resurrected(?) mummy-Osiris (but HOW?!) before he died again. All things considered I think athlete's foot is the least of the problem here ?

2 hours ago, Vlagopus said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA ewww LOL

Poor Osiris was murdered and dismembered by Set. Isis probably picked up the fragments and bandaged everything back together together. Afterwards Isis got pregnant by the resurrected(?) mummy-Osiris (but HOW?!) before he died again. All things considered I think athlete's foot is the least of the problem here ?

The Egyptians were basically melodramatic soap-opera behaviour taken about 15 times past the next level, weren't they. ?

His green hue is putrefaction then? LOVELY! ?

• 4 weeks later...

Since I am brand new to the forum, I have missed the opportunity to enter many Runway contests, but I made a list of previous topics/themes, and am working my way through them for my own amusement.

My Dream Pet:

medium_preview.png

Literary Characters
This is Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter

medium_preview.png

Alice from Alice In Wonderland by Lewis Carrol

medium_preview.png

Back To School:

medium_preview.png

Nabile and the Great Desert Race (Games Galore)

medium_preview.png

@jellysundae - your Osiris customization looks amazing, I shall have to try and make an Egyptian god customization myself.

Edit 22.09.18:
My alternative entry for the Special Edition Runway with Gold, Silver and Bronze theme.

medium_preview.png

I submitted a silver themed look for the contest, then I was browsing golden items to make a look for fun.. The Golden Cage with Naleap item caught my eye, and made me think of Princess Jasmine in Aladdin for some reason. Just the idea of a princess living in a grand castle/palace but having limited freedom. Like a caged bird - the cage is luxorious, but the bird still longs to fly free. Which is why I added the golden key balloon. This may be the better entry of the two I made, certainly a more inspired one! :P

• 2 weeks later...

Although I ended up liking my other special edition entry better, I really wanted to try out Clay for a Bronze/Copper-ish look :D

https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1715525

Copper look.jpg

@TokaValencia That looks lovely, great use of layers ? I never realized how pretty a Clay Neopet could be!

Below are more of my made-for-fun entries to previous Runway rounds

This is Anubis, the Egyptian God of death, embalming and mummification. (For the Runway God/Goddess round, Greek, Roman or Egyptian)

medium_preview.png

This is Rainbow Rockstar, for the Rainbow Pride Runway:

medium_preview.png

Black and White (the wig is a dyeworks item and is supposed to be black)

medium_preview.png

Happy Birthday:

medium_preview.png

I have a few of them from recent rounds!

Slumber Party

I did this traditional girly one, then was like, "nah!", and submitted a goth one.

medium_preview.png

Greek/Roman/Egyptian Gods

I had actually started this Hermes (and a Hermes actually won, whoops). 

medium_preview.png

Special Edition #2

I also tried out an all-bronze and all-silver custom. I actually liked the silver one a lot, but the bronze was just... I struggled.

medium_preview.png  medium_preview.png