How long should I wait for NC?

Marae19

I just bought some NC online (there are no cards sold where I live), and in my memory, as soon as I was done paying, I got the NC immediately, and now after about 10 minutes,  there's still no sign of my nc...

So, how long should I wait before sending a ticket?

(Btw, my paypal has actually payed for my nc, so that's not it)

As per The Neopian Times Issue 705: 

Hello!! Thank you for much for answering this question!! The NCC is getting really worried about buying NC because of all the glitches that have been happening. Users who buy directly from the site have to wait a long time for it. Some users who redeem cards do not get the NC but the card is not usable anymore since the system says it's been redeemed. Tickets have gone unanswered for a while. What is being done about this? I don't want to buy NC and risk not getting it. Is there specific information that should go into a ticket to make sure it will be answered? ~ winterssunboheme
Hi! Okay, lots of things to answer here. So first of all, tickets are being answered, we have people dedicated to working through these issues. Unfortunately, the e-wallet transition had some bumps which has caused a higher volume of tickets than usual, which is where the delays come in as we work to resolve those issues. I know delays in these situations are frustrating, and we're sorry for that, but we will get to each ticket and these situations aren't being ignored or taken lightly.

A few things can help speed up the process a bit. First of all, please don't submit multiple tickets. I understand the frustration, but all it does is flood the system and create more work for our customer support team, which slows them down even further. Second, if your problem is related to purchased Neocash not showing up, there are a couple things you can try before submitting a ticket. Log out, clear your cache, log back in, and check your transaction log. What's happening here is that when you purchase Neocash, the process previously would kill your cache, so it would reset with your new amount. That part isn't quite happening for everyone, so it seems like you didn't get your Neocash when in our system, you did. We get a lot of these tickets, so by doing this check first, you can help yourself and our ticket system.

If that didn't work for you, send in a ticket, but please keep checking your bank statement for the next few days. The charge may have originally showed up as a hold or pending charge, but won't actually go through if the payment failed (another possible explanation we see happen often). If that happened, it should go away without you being charged, but depending on your bank, this can take a couple of days. So please, just be sure the payment did in fact go through. If it did go through, you were charged, and you're sure you didn't receive your NC to the intended or any of your other accounts, please provide as much information for us as you can. Dates, transaction numbers, emails, and usernames are all helpful here. 

If your issue comes from the Neocash Card redemption, please be sure you provided the date of redemption and PIN. These can take time to look into, as we have to verify the card and see exactly what happened in order to resolve it, so be sure you provided all the information we need, and double check redeeming the card to make sure it was in fact redeemed. Unfortunately, with the exception of the UK NC cards issue, all of these are case-by-case, and not the symptom of one specific issue that we can fix to resolve it. Because of this, we have to look into each one to determine how and why it happened, and what we can do to fix it, which just takes time. I'm sorry I can't offer a simple solution, but hopefully you can rest assured that we are doing everything we can to resolve outstanding issues and address each ticket.

(Me again, HrtBrk had this issue yesterday and told me it was resolved after following steps in this answer)

I'll be posting an official topic regarding this to let everyone know about this until it's fixed. Thank you Sid for the editorial quote and posting it here. :)

An official pinned topic regarding this issue has been posted in the Customization & NC Mall Chat Forum. If anyone else is experiencing this issue or has any questions, please post your comments here.

Let's lock this topic since we have an official post about it :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine).
The original topic has been answered.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.