Trying to get account back that was frozen over three years ago...

Pestside

Hi guys, long story, and I hope it goes here. I used to play neopets daily. It was my favorite game since I was about 11. Well, my 8 year old account was frozen while I was holding F5, trying to restock. I submitted a ticket immediately at the time, and received a short response telling me that I was cheating and that I must have used a bot. I was devastated, and I know very well that it's almost impossible to get your account back if you've been accused of cheating. To this day, nearly four years later, I'm still bummed about it. I was reminded of neopets recently when a friend and I were talking about it, and it led me to wonder if maybe I could ask around and see if I can get any help. Then I stumbled on this forum.

Is it at all possible to get your account returned? I see that my account, Pesticide, still exists so I haven't lost hope, but I'm wondering if there is any chance I could get it back, and how would I go about doing it. I've sent about three or four tickets since it was frozen, and they were all either given the same response, or ignored. 

What strikes me most is, if I had really been cheating, wouldn't I have just started over and continued the process? I also had a premium account at the time and had dropped about $100 throughout my time playing. It just bothers me so much that an automated tracking system somehow is more reliable than all the years I spent as a good player. So, that being said TLDR: Account frozen a lot time ago, trying to get it back, one more time.

I've had a lot of friends that have lost there accounts due to things like that. It's kinda of scary if you ask me O.o I would hate to be using my finger to refresh and then be locked, I have A LOT of time put into my account, 6+ years and some nights with out sleep for avatars. I would be ABSOLUTELY devastated it that ever happened to me! 

Honestly I would keep asking, if i lost that much and lost years of work I would ask for a long time. I haven't heard much of account being unfrozen unless they froze it for security reasons and then unfroze the users account. 

Trying never hurt anyone. I was unjustly frozen last year and never got the account back, so I made this one. Now this account is actually better than my original, as I knew exactly what to do and what not to do to earn neopoints. If all else fails, you should make a new account. It won't change anything to dwell on the past like I did. Unfortunately, Neopets has a long history of freezing people for misunderstandings, but that shouldn't deter you from trying again. I sincerely hope you get your account back, however, and make sure to mention that you are a premium user like pulpfreeoj mentioned. If you happen to have a Facebook profile, it's much easier to get their attention, by the way. They will respond to you in any comment you make on their posts so that they don't look bad. Just be persistent and polite. Regardless, good luck!

I'm afraid you won't get unfrozen because "cheating" is a serious issue, even though you didn't actually cheat. But as mentioned before, saying you're a premium user will get their attention. Keep trying, don't give up, maybe you'll succeed.

If all else fails, you can always try to start again. I'm sure a lot of people would like to help you out!

Hey thanks guys. Unfortunately I had things that I likely won't be able to get again, such as various amazing UC pets, and the MSPP avatar, along with a ton of high scores from flash games. I can't see myself bearing having to start again so this is my only attempt. All I can think is that with the evolution of internet speed, their system somehow figured I was breaking the rules when I really just have exceptional internet speed. 

I do think I mentioned having been  a premium member in one of my tickets. I think that was actually one of the tickets that was ignored though.

And yeah, Musical_Shoyru, I did actually cry when I found out XD It was like a huge part of my dorky childhood was ripped out from under me. 

Ladycanary - I did send them a message on their FB account but I never got a reply.

That sucks. I had a 8 year old account frozen in 2013, it had like 11,000,000 NP in bank and a UC pet plus tons of rare items, including a Thyora's Tear. First warning was for the word "butthole" in a neomail and I was warned, second was 24 hours for repeating the first, and the third and freezing one was a person who thought they got scammed when THEY put in the offer and wanted a refund, and I sayed that no refunds, and they reported me. At least my new account already has 700k NP in 20 days :)

I wish you all the luck in getting your account back.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not remove moderator edits.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm sorry to say but you probably won't get it back at all. Even though you can see your pet or gallery the account information has probably already been purged. I was unfairly frozen and tried for two years to get my account back and when they finally responded to my tickets at the two year mark they said that the account information had been purged and the other data like my gallery and information was just in the queue to be purged as well. They said there was absolutely nothing they could do after so long to restore the data for my full account. 

Hey guys, received a response. I was told as usual, that I must have been using an autorefresher and because of that I can't get unfrozen. I responded, but what else can I say? I know I wasn't cheating. I know I did often hold down the F5 key. It's only recently that I learned it's a fine line between being ok and being against the rules. Why are they doing this? I just can't help but wonder if they ever look at the fact that Neopets has a long reputation for freezing people unfairly... I feel just so bummed :(

I've also read that people have had their accounts unfrozen even after being told they would soon be purged.

If they told you that you were frozen for cheating, you will not get the account back. It's extremely unlikely that you will even hear back from them, should you try to fight the ban. The only thing you can do is start over and not dwell on the freezing. Just think about it. You did it once, you can do it again. :)

TNT once said it was okay to hit the F5 button because we are manually pressing it, but it can look like an auto refresher, so they really should have said it is not okay if stuff like this is gonna happen. Anyway, I also got my account frozen, which I had for 13 years, as well as my sides, because I was transferring np and items which were originally on my main back to my main, but it looked like I was gaining np from my sides. It is frustrating starting over, but it doesn't take too long to get back into things. After four months, I have quite a few trophies and avatars, for example. It's also an opportunity to do things differently, if there is anything you'd want to change. I don't think I'd ever not start over, Neopets is just too much fun to me. In any case, I wish you the best!

Well the thing is, as I've gotten older, I feel like I only have one life, and I don't agree much with the concept of repeatedly starting over and shoveling money into something when I know I was treated unfairly. I actually work for another petsite now, and I do other work in the game industry so cheating is the last thing on my mind, yet neopets is somehow the ONE place I've ever been accused of it. This doesn't change that I love neopets, but I can only really see myself coming back if they give me the benefit of the doubt, and return my account. I don't see it as "dwelling", I see it as being persistent in seeking fair treatment. They did not close the ticket after they left a response so I went to explained exactly what I was doing when I was frozen, which was holding down F5. I still remember the heart sinking feeling I got when the screen mysteriously turned blank and I was automatically logged out. Anyways, hopefully my persistence will pay off.