Scamanders at Money Tree

suzanoberle

I saw a scamander at the money tree today (of course, it wriggled through my fingers and escaped).  I'd forgotten that they only show up once a year, October 12.  They're VERY hard to catch, and remember that they will count toward your ten daily money tree items, even if they escape. 

Good luck catching one.  Does anyone know if there there any tricks to catching one?  

Guest VioletFlare

I tried to click it as soon as one showed up, but I guess that didn't work out too well...

Maybe they're supposed to be uncatchable? Probably not, but they sure are hard to catch. -_-

They aren't uncatchable, but they ARE difficult. 

"Nope, it is quite possible to get a Scamander from the Money Tree. It's just extremely rare that someone gets a good enough grip on one to stop it from escaping!"

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=364

I tried equipping my pet with 8 scamander shields, but it didn't make any difference; it still wriggled away.  They're apparently quite slippery!

Are they rare petpets or someting? Or can they be used for something else?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I've tried to catch some, but I got no luck. Most of the time, somebody else 'snatched it away while I was pondering' or the Scamander got away because it's so slippery! Too bad. I looked them up and they are pretty rare. Somebody on the Trading Post asked about 1 million NP for it.. I'm going to try some more!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

They showed up again this year :whaa:. I was able to grab several :woot: but they all slipped away :shiftyeyes_anim:. I don't remember ever getting one.  :whistle:  

In case you were wondering, it wasn't just one exact time today. I saw them this morning and again a while ago, so who knows how many and when.

This has been a running joke with TnT for a long time, if they were obtainable from the event then we would have had multiple cites or events where people would have gotten one, but alas nowhere on the web seems anybody has ever given one. In the editorial TnT does not specify "WHO" you can get a scamander from, since any tradeable item can be donated to the money tree, I think the joke is, "YEAH anybody can donate a scamander for you to get, just not from scamander-in-chief"

• 2 years later...

It's THIS day again!

But the Money Tree is FULL of them, which I don't remember seeing on previous years.

And they don't seem to be going away??

Have things been changed? Can anyone remember from other years?

I know I've only every seen one of these dudes at a time amidst all the other stuff before.

Good luck actually getting one. The odds are about the same as not getting wet during a rainy downpour with nothing above your head.

2 hours ago, Robin Hood said:

Good luck actually getting one. The odds are about the same as not getting wet during a rainy downpour with nothing above your head.

I'm not really interested in getting one, I want the normal Money Tree stuff back. ?

King Hagan listens contently to your words of wisdom...

"You can do a lot worse than success like the agility of a speedy Scamander," you exclaim cleverly.

He ponders all that you have said.

Well, it could have been worse. What can be worse than the Money Tree being full of Scamanders? petpetscamander.gif

wiseking_normal.gif

King Hagan Says:
I'm not dense, youngin'. I already knew that!
I'll give you 42 Neopoints for the effort, though.

Perhaps a bit of studying will help you before you return tomorrow.
Well, you're so WISE, tell me how to catch one! :lmaosmiley: