Fall Charity Corner Avatar Available!

Emily

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

I started donating on the 27th and have donated at least 10 times a day. I have donated across all rarities. I did 20 donations at about 1am NST today to take me up to 167 donations. Just been buying BBBB, got about 200 on hand, went to the CC (at about 4:30am NST) and the avatar was at the top of the page, I didn't need to make a donation, it was just there.  

the avatar was at the top of the page, I didn't need to make a donation, it was just there.  

could it be that it was there all along and missed it ?  :sad01_anim:

because it's still there on top of the page . it didn't go away like other avatar notifications !  :mellow:

Yeah it's still there for me, too. That's pretty handy really, saves having to check your neoboard prefs to see if you've got it or not. :D

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!
1) Definitely not related to donating r90+ items as I have sold all of mine instead of donating. 
2) I missed at least 2 days early on, and got it today on my first donation of BBBBs. Edit- After going through my browser history, it appears I missed the 24th and the 28th. 

3) I have made 96 donations. 

I have a hunch I'm gonna miss it by one day.. I only recall donating on two days.....

I totally forgot that it's a 2 week event.......

Oh wait I failed my maths ._. Okay I could still make it for the avatar as long as I don't forget to donate at CC.. If it's really just participating  a total of 7 days that is..

Edited by Aytch

Reading many of the posts, it seems the avatar is given after donating/participating for a TOTAL of 7 days, throughout the 14 day event. When the avatar is given on that 7th day or after, though, is still a mystery. Many have gotten it on their first donation of that 7th day, but not for some, or even a day later. I also wonder, too, if the BBBB (The Big Blue Blumiroo Book) has something to do with it, or if it is just a coincidence - and coincidences are best left to Dr. Landelbrot, in my opinion.

All your tips are being really helpful for me, I still didn't get it. I'm pretty sure that the most certain theory is the one about donating seven days (I think I have donated four, five or six days by now, not very sure about that); anyway I will try donating the BBBB too (just in case..) :ohno:

The 7 day theory (I thought was mostly debunked) if you look on the AC some people have gotten in before 7 days (or haven't participated for 7 days). There is a 24H Window discussion that people are talking about as well. 

Wish I could get it though :(

To add more confusion: I got the avatar after donating three days in a row, ten times per day.

I had only donated a few times prior to that. I had 51 donations on or before October 1st (but likely donated 3 or 4 days total before Oct 1). I unlocked the avatar under 80 donations (78ish; only noticed on 78) and I only donated one item the entire time: Yurble Tales, an R86 book.

My donations submitted around the same time every day, 1 PM NST after I entered Food Club bets, except for yesterday, which I donated roughly an hour later. I tried to donate around that time today and it unlocked at about the same time as I first started donating yesterday.

To summarize:

- Approx 6 or 7 donation days total

- Around the same time every day, didn't go longer than 24 hours.

- Used only 1 item to donate

Okay, so item rarity groups, 7 consecutive days and number of donations (see below) can be ruled out.

I still tend to think there is a minimum number of days which you need to donate for, and I tend to think it's 7, given the fact that in the NT they said that no-one had been eligible straightaway. This would also mean you need a minimum of 7 donations to acquire the avvie.

The 24 hour window may also be possible, and makes sense given the possible style of jumpstart with Trudy's Surprise. 

We will crack this!

Hmmm...The Fall Charity Corner event started on 24 Sep. As best as I can tell, some people started receiving the avatar on 30 Sep. That was approx 7 days after the event started, and hence the "7 Day" theory started, as the people who received it said they had donated every day, since it began. As was in the Editorial, the avatar was there at the start, but people were not "eligible" yet, so maybe people were not eligible for the avatar until after 7 days of the event starting. I've read about the "3 Days In A Row (Of Donating)" theory on the "Avatars" Neoboard, and that is a possibility. I know I did not donate everyday and I missed a day or two. When I got the avatar, it could have been after donating 3 days in a row, after being "eligible". I'm certain I did not donate 3 days in a row before 30 Sep.I got the avatar on 1 Oct, so it is possible I donated on 29 Sep, 30 Sep, and 1 Oct. But that is the problem. I cannot remember. But it seems people were not getting the avatar, who may have been donating the whole time. Also, the information reported does not seem to be accurate, either. Other people do not seem to remember what days they missed, but remember missing a day or two. In any case, to the best of my memory, I got the avatar after donating for 7 total days, with donating three days in a row, of those 7 total days. At least on this board, it seems to be the "prevailing" way of how most who posted getting it, got it. Time could still be a factor. Not sure how it relates, though, except possibly for a 24 hour period. Things about this avatar we know:

- First reports of being awarded on 30 Sep.

- Rarity of donation does not matter

- It is not awarded by donating an "X" total of donations (meaning you do not get the avatar by donating 50 times, for example)

I guess some questions would be: Has anybody received the avatar with only donating three consecutive days in a row? Has anybody received the avatar with donating 7 days total, but not with 3 of them being consecutive? Has anyone received the avatar just by refreshing the page (without donating) after donating 3 days in a row?

Anyhow, my brain is now "fried" thinking about this. I think ideas here and on the Neoboards are on the right track. It's just not having accurate data is making it difficult to figure out.

I know that I wasn't awarded the avvie after I had donated for three consecutive days. I donated (in Aus, roughly the day before in NST) on the 25, 26, 27, 30, 1, 2, 3 (got avatar), 4,...

so in my case I would say it'd have to be at least four consecutive days if that's a factor.

I just got the avatar after my first donation today.

I've donated 4 days in a row for a total of seven days throughout the event. I donated all sorts of rarity items, so that is not the case. I've also donated a total of 156 times and am not going any further.

The leading theory appears to be donating for a total of seven days and on your seventh day you'd get the avatar. Hopefully anyways. Just keep trying everyone and hopefully you can get the avatar! :)

I have just donated once today and got the avatar. So I think getting it is just related to the "Donate a total of seven days"

- I have only donated items R.70 - 98

- I didn't donate the BBBB in any of my 55 donations (I was thinking of doing it today but I got the avatar just donating one time)

Here's a little more info, if it helps.

I definitely did not donate 7 days in a row, and I just got the avatar for donation #103.  I've donated only two items continuously, the BBBB and before that, the Mystery of the Kougra paw (I had a ton of them in my safety deposit box).  I can't remember ever donating anything else but these same two items over and over (although I may be forgetting).   

I just got the avatar today. I'm pretty sure its just donate "7 days total"

I didn't get a message that popped up saying I got the avatar, when I refreshed the page it was at the ttop.

I didn't donate 7 days in a row, but today was my seventh day of donating.

I've donated 29 times total.

22 of which were on the first day of the event, I've only donated the BBBB once a day since.

Edit:

Some more information:

I only donated r30, r40 and r70 items.

I almost consistently donated 5 of the  same item (I donated a mix of items maybe once).

So it sounds like people not getting it might be glitched? Especially since some people didn't donate consecutively.

At least here, on TDN, those reporting getting the avatar, appear to have received it after donating for a total of 7 days, throughout the 14 day event period. Not for consecutively donating 7 days in a row, but for 7 different days, some consecutive, some not. The event ends on 8 Oct, so you may still have time (if our prevailing theory is correct), since you mentioned you have 4 days of donating. I do not believed it is "glitched", just that we aren't exactly sure how the avatar is awarded, as traditionally, TNT does not tell.