Fall Charity Corner Avatar Available!

Emily

oh yay I just got it, I had just donated 5X  BBBB which made for my 123rd donation! I have donated rare items 90 plus too and been doing it for 7 days now, hope that helps, lol.

WOOHOO!! :dance:

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

Just one donation today so what do I make of this then? Pretty sure I've not donated for 7 days in a row, convinced I haven't, so maybe this truly is a random thing.

According to the Editorial it isn't random. The Avatar Chat on the Neoboards is theorizing that it's donate every day for 7 days and that it might involve a 24 hour time period similar to how Trudy's Surprise works.

If that is the case then most of us our probably hopelessly out of luck at getting this avatar. So disappointed that they've released the avatar "from the beginning" of the event and we have no solution, clues as to how to get it. Really quite frustrated right now.

I didn't donate every day for 7 days though. Yesterday I made sure to donate once in each rarity group, before that I'd not donated for several days. Today I donated once because I got a couple of books from dailies and had enough of the right rarity to be able to make a donation, and I got the avatar. I'm thankful that I got it, but I don't know what I did to trigger it :shiftyeyes_anim:

How many donations had you made at that point?

With people saying the got it but didn't donate each day, I'm noting that a lot of people have gotten it with more than 100 donations. Assuming it wasn't activated properly, you may need to donate X number of times. Somewhere in the 100-125 range, I'd guess.

Duski it's active, there's several people on the neoboards with the avatar. It's just a puzzling one.

Anime I'm a bit doubtful of your solution because it's been reported some have gotten it with a lot less donations. At this point anything is possible though. I'm at 116 donations so far and haven't received it and I haven't been donating every day either. I stopped Monday when I hit 100.

From the Neopian Times Editorial: "Hi there *takes slow step backward* Since you asked so crazed nicely, I will give you one small hint to debunk some theories I've seen floating around... It is NOT random. We wouldn't do that to y'all for a two week event, come on now! It has been active the whole time, it wasn't seen until the past couple days because no one was eligible until then. That's all you're getting out of me though, good luck!"

So, it looks like "eligible" and "past couple of days" are key clues to this avatar. The event started on 24 September, so what day did people first start receiving the avatar? If it was 30 September, which I think it was, then that would make sense for the "7 Day Theory" and be part of the "eligible" clue. So maybe, you maybe have to just donate for 7 days, but not necessarily 7 days in a row - 7 days total? Or everyone is eligible for the avatar on/after 30 September? I believe I missed a day or two for donating, hence receiving the avatar on 1 October. I don't believe rarity ranges have anything to with it, as I got for donating all r30 books and they were all the same. But there still sems to be some other criteria. Could it be time? Maybe after donating for 7 days, you must donate an item after the time you first donated? For example, if you donated your first item at, say, 10:00 am NST, then on the 7th day of donating, you must have to donate sometime on or after 10:00am NST (like Trudy's Surprise)?

I know my thoughts are random, but just trying to "throw" some ideas out there.

EDIT: If you look at the "page source" of the Charity Corner pages, lines 469 and 618 have "avatargiven". Line 469 seems to be the "display" of the avatar on the page, when "given", but line 618 seems to possibly be the "script" to award it. Unfortunately, I do not know much about code/scripts, but maybe there is a clue in lines 618 thru 623?

You have donated 128 times. How generous!

still no avatar 

i THINK i missed 1 day , the third day , cuz of work , so just in case , i went and sank 200k on five R90+ books .. and i'll donate them tomorrow to see what happens  

You have donated 128 times. How generous!

still no avatar 

i THINK i missed 1 day , the third day , cuz of work , so just in case , i went and sank 200k on five R90+ books .. and i'll donate them tomorrow to see what happens  

If you are trying to get a rare item, then, cool for the 200K NP and I hope you get something great (all I ever got was food items back)! Otherwise, I'd say save your NP and buy 5 of the "The Big Blue Blumiroo Book", about 90 NP each, from the (Ever Stocked) General Store, in Neopia Central. Sure, you will only get a r30 item back, but at least you will not spend much.

buy 5 of the "The Big Blue Blumiroo Book", about 90 NP each

ive been doing that , but i havent  donated R90+ yet .. maybe it's a requirement for the avatar .. if not ... i can say i tried 

AARRGGHH I'm so upset. I did not get the avatar- only donated three days. I've been really working this week on my avatars- should have paid more attention to the charity corner

Ughhhh this avatar *flips table*
I've only been able to spend time hunting down donations for a couple of days this week b/c I got caught up with school. If the seven day theory is correct and the event ends on the 8th, hopefully that's enough time to qualify. If not... <_<

just to clarify. i'm 100% sure you don't need to donate all different types of rarities. All I've donated was r80, r89, and r90s and I got it the day it was released when I went to Charity Corner before donating anything.  Maybe its 7 days in a row, but I'm almost certain I missed a day of donating.

This is so frustrating... I really hope it wasn't the 7 days thing....., i missed days because of work O.o

I wouldn't mind so much if I missed by a few days, but I started trying for the 7 days on the 2nd, so if I miss by one day, that's a bit more aggravating. If it officially ends on the 8th, I probably won't get the avatar, but if we can still donate one more time, I might have a chance of getting it. That's if it is the 7 days thing. Either way, gonna have to wait and see what happens.

I just got the avvie!

So, I haven't done 7 days in a row (I think only 5), but I have done at least 7 days in total. I have probably donated to each rarity, but i'm not 100% sure. Just prior to getting the avvie, I donated some 90+, 80+, 70+ and 30+ rarities (each in their own group). I am so relieved.

Remember there's about another week of the event to go, so still time!

EDIT: Oh and I have donated 323 times

Something Has Happened! schooltools.gif You are now eligible to use 'Fall Charity Corner' as an avatar on the NeoBoards!

i almost missed it on the top of my page !

so i donated 5 BBBB's .. it was #129 .. nothing

i then donated the 5 R90+ books i bought last night .. and i got the avatar !! donation #130

so im guessing rarity is very much a requirement

oh and i got a food_mmmbluecake.gif   Blueberry Deluxe Cake worth ~ 1 Mil NP