Charity Corner 2015- Back to School!

Emily

Questions answered! Love it! Right, now that I have more understanding of this I should be able to manage 2 or 3 more donations from what I already have :D

I did some checking, and yes, 5 is the upper limit. So when donating, the first item can be whatever, but after that, the rarity of the next item must be between the rarity of the item before it, and that rarity plus 5 inclusive.

So, if r is the rarity of the item preceding this one, and n is the rarity of the current item to be added:

r ≤ n ≤ r+5

And the dropdowns will helpfully sort this mathy stuff out for you as you go so you can't accidentally try and donate things that aren't properly sorted. You won't even be able to make the selection.

The FAQ says you'll get a trophy and end prizes based off of "how generous you were", which I assume means based on the amount you donated. So probably a site event trophy. But who knows what the tiers will be.

Prices are inflating for sure, bottle of Shennku Ink is going up way higher than it's worth, I hate the neopoint thirsty people... come on, some of us want the avatar ;/

In theory, the rarity range of the items you can get is determined by the rarity range of the items donated.

So if you donate 5 r80 items, you'll get an r80 in return. If you donate 5 items between r50 and r60, the item you get will be between r50 and r60.

Alternately, you can get things back of the range stated above plus or minus 5. So in this case donating 5 r80 items gets you things in the r75 to r85 range. Or maybe this bit only applies to r90+ items to keep people from totally gaming the system! We'll have to see.

I'll do some testing of this later, but if you want to go for expensive items, donate rare items. Also if you guys can tell me the rarity ranges of specific donations you've made and the rarity of the item you got, like some of you are all ready, it'll be a big help. More data is good!

I'm going to try to donate at least 100 times.  I've been stocking up this morning and I've got enough now for 55 donations.  I'm thinking that if I can do 100 that ought to be enough to get an avatar if there is one.  I'm crossing my fingers for a trophy, but I doubt that will happen.

If it's enoguh for a trophy, it's enough for an avatar. We have FAQ confirmation that trophies will be a thing, but nothing on if we'll be getting as avatar as of yet. 100 should be more than enough. :)

Also, because I've decided I'm donig this, apparently:

I'm gonna try and see what the prize rarity ranges are and how they're impacted by donation rarities. If you guys could post (preferably in batches so you're not just making a ton of posts with this) the rarity of all 5 items you donate (saying 5 r80s, or 3 r75s and 2 r76s is fine) and the rarity of the prize you get, it'll be a big help. :) Just be sure that it's clear what 5 item rarties match up with which prize.

I donated 11 times in the end, I don't have enough of the right rarity to be able to squeeze any more out of my SDB stash, maybe I'll be lucky and get a couple of r.80 books from dailies, then I'll be able to manage 2 more times, but that's going to be my limit. I highly doubt that I'll get an avatar (if there is one) not considering the amount that other people will be donating!

The concept of this is great, an excellent way to get rid of thousands of bandwidth-hogging items, it's just typical human nature that people turn around and use it as a means to make money. The next charity corner event should be helping out the farmers of Meridell, and want donations of dung. :P

I've donated bunches of r89 (Tuskaninny Treasure) and bunches of r88 (Gruslen Pop-Up Book). A single rarity for each donation. And as a reward I've gotten r8?-r89 items. No r90+ items awarded by donating r89 items. And it seems much more profitable to be donating r85-88 items than r89 items if you have to buy them, since they are much cheaper and the chances of getting valuable r8? items are basically the same.

I have made 104 donations. Does anyone know if that will be enough for a trophy?

I'm going to try to donate at least 100 times.  I've been stocking up this morning and I've got enough now for 55 donations.  I'm thinking that if I can do 100 that ought to be enough to get an avatar if there is one.  I'm crossing my fingers for a trophy, but I doubt that will happ

I've been buying Mystery Of The Kougra Paw and Ogrin Survivor books and donating and have gotten some pretty good items back in return, definitely making my money back, got a paint brush plushie <3 :D

I also confirm that by donating the much cheaper r80 items you can get up to r89 items as a reward!!!

The plus or minus 5 in rarity rule doesn't seem to apply this time. Apparently, r8? donated items give r8? items as a reward. This must be the case for r9? items too.

However, FluffeeBunny has already pointed out that by donating 10 r92 items, the reward was 2 r88 items. This doesn't make much sense. I'm really confused.

I've made 150 donations of r89, r88 and r80 items. At first, it didn't seem profitable and I was getting discouraged. But after some point, I started getting valuable r8x items and the best of those was a Desert Paint Brush Stamp (worth 31k), which I also needed for my stamp collection. I sold my r9x books and made ~1million nps from those!!!!

EDIT: Oh my freaking god, I just got a Crossword Puzzle Almanac - r89 item worth 90k, just by donating multiples of Mystery Of The Kougra Paw , which sells for 100nps. Thank you so much Musical_Shoyru for the tip earlier, I have made a fortune!!!!

I think I also got a Nerkmid RE from all that shopping/refreshing, because I suddenly found an Ultimate Nerkmid sitting in my inventory! I doubt it was from the CC, since this nerkmid is r100.

So I've been donating multiple of this item;

boo_ogrin_survivor.gif rarity 87 - 100-300 np

and this is what I've gotten so far;

boo_journeytoskies.gif rarity 81 - 1500

sch_iglooeraser.gif rarity 89 - 2450

spf_disturbing_gelatin.gif rarity 89 - 38,500 np

stamp_haunted_hubrid.gif rarity 85 - 5700

sch_doughnut_folder.gif rarity 82 - 580

food_baguette_5.gif rarity 84 - 1925 np

des_ringed_scroll.gifrarity 84 - 2 np

toy_rainbowusul.gifrarity 89 - 6850 np

toy_hissi_drink.gif rarity 85 - 50 np

usuki_waterski.gifrarity 87 - 1950 np

ffo_firefondue.gifrarity 84 - 1075

As you can see I'm making my profit back for sure, I'm only paying between 100-300 np for the Ogrin book and just from Disturbing Gelatin alone I've made back what I've donated. 

If you're spending around 300 np an item it's 1,500 for five, and most the items I get back are worth more than that. Occasionally I get something like the Ringed Scroll, but with the profit from the other items it's well worth it.

I've been doing the 100np Mystery of the Kougra Paw buying method too :yes: I'm really liking that I'm getting books back as prizes, all the ones I've received are worth at least 4 times as much as the 500 that the 5 books that I've given cost, so win :D My kacheek gets some new reading material for cheap :D