How can I buy some good weapons?

sherl

I stopped playing neopets about 10 years ago and I remember just buying my weapons using the shop wizard. Now Im back and I would like to know what are the best weapons to buy using the shopwizard. I got about 10.000.000 np to spend. And if you can not buy good weapons using the shopwizard tell me how. Although I rather just buy them using the shopwizard as it is much easier.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.).

This topic was posted in the wrong area.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets Help' to 'Battledome and Battlepedia Chat'.

Ooooh I will be following this, I have been playing Neo for yeeeeears on and off BUT the Battledome is a new thing to me!

I never bothered before (Until the 'Obelisk War' started, anyhoo!) but been training my pets and I have zero idea weapons wise!

Well, you aren't going to find many GOOD weapons via shop wiz because it only goes up to 99,000.  You are going to have to check battlepedia on TDN to see the reviews on different weapons.  Depends on which challenger you are fighting as to which weapons you are going to need.  You are definitely going to want your everyday battle set, but you are going to need some different weapons for different challengers.  If you are going to fight, say, the black pteri, for the avatar, you are going to want the earth scorchstone in your set. 

Once you have checked battlepedia and have decided on the right weapons for you, you will want to check the Trading Post, commonly referred to as the TP, and auctions.  You can find good weapons in the hidden tower in Faerieland, but you will pay dearly for them. 

Shop Wiz, Trading Post and Auctions are the best ways to buy/trade equipment. You can search TDN's Battlepedia for the stats of most pieces of equipment..

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/

While it WOULD be easier to make recommendations based on your battle pet's stats, and opponents you'd like to fight. I can recommend 1 item right off the bat. Get a "Downsize!" Downsize!, is a defensive piece that cuts damage you take by 50%. But only works for one round and once per battle. Whatever you do, do NOT buy Downsize Power Plus! It's retired, over-priced, and is one-use. In other words, use it once will block all damage for that turn, but it disappears FOREVER. NOT WORTH IT!

Nowadays, if you want to block ALL damage with a one-use item, go for Thick Smoke Bomb, MUCH more affordable on the shop wiz, or if your pet is level 250, you can buy them directly from the Secret Ninja Training School. But either way they are still pricey enough I'd recommend not relying a lot on it, and instead train your stats. Defense can be quite beneficial. ;)

Muffins are also good, there are various strengths. You can check out all the muffins here. http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/s/Muffin

A healer is also a good item to have, especially when starting out. But to recommend a good one, I'd need to know the stats of your battle pet(s). No sense in getting one that heals more HP than you have, right? ;)

Also, just because an item is expensive, doesn't always mean it's good, or will work against all opponents. Some are good like that, but not many.

Budget Battling, is certainly possible. I've mentioned this before, but you can go far without really high-end/expensive weapons. If you study your 1-player opponent and look for what would work best against him or her based on the types of icons they can use via their weapons and shields. I was under-leveled for MOST of my battles for Defenders of Neopia, and wars. Yet I managed to do fairly well without massively expensive weapons. Cheap weapons, if used correctly, and if your stats are well-trained can be pretty effective as well! After playing Neopets and battling for over a decade, I only have 1 hidden tower item, and that is the Ghosterbomb, that I only bought a few years ago to replace my Honey Potion, which I had probably used for the first 8-9 years of my time on Neopets.

Remember, the secret to the boosts you get at certain levels of training your strength and defense is this. Icons, multiplied by Boost = Damage. (This is not counting the opponents defense though)

I'd recommend TDN's own Damage Calculator while you're researching weapons. ;)

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

If you want to know more about boosts, and at what point in your training they occur, this link should answer those questions.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

Lastly, we have a number of excellent articles to help out most levels of battlers.

They can be found here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

I hope this is helps. Happy battling! Feel free to ask more questions if you wish. XD

• 2 months later...

I think what everyone said before is great advice.  

At the same time, I also do not follow the battlepedia guides exactly in terms of their recommended weapons and I managed to do the entire defender of neopia challengers up to snow beast (the only reason being that I do not have snow beast as a challenger) and I used a very limited budget.  The most expensive weapon I bought was a Dr. Sloth Personal Bath Buddy (I think it was 1.6? million). I did not buy it directly from the Hidden Tower at the time since the 3% discount wasn't available with my account age so I was able to buy it cheaper through trading post. I think I got it because of the obelisk war probably. 

But I'm glad I have it as I can beat the Koi easily on a daily basis without replenishing my health. I use a healing potion for that so I can do 15 battles in one sitting. I have heard the koi is one of the best challengers if you wish to obtain codestones and faeries consistently. Also if you battle boochi and other Central Arena challengers, you are able to obtain muffins as one-use weapons.  You can look up weapons that were given during events as they may be relatively easier to obtain for cheaper. I almost got a healing scroll until I got a rejuvenating jar of brains from the obelisk war.

Another good investment is a lab map, if you don't already have one, because it will help you level up stats without using np but it's a very haphazard way of doing so. One of the reasons why I get away with cheaper items is because my hit points outlast the opponents'. For me, the lab ray will often increase hp and not decrease them, my strength keeps going up but my defense seems to go down so it's on the low side.  That's why I don't spend to train if I use a lab ray because it consistently reduces my pet's level back to 1 so I cannot use the faerie's abilities except the level 1 one. But it's a trade-off, the strength and hit points will be easier to obtain than training through the schools.

With your 10,000,000 Budget I would recommend these;

Stone Foam Finger - 15 icons (Great Solid 15 Icon Weapon for Intermediate 1p Battling)

Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy - 14 Icons (Good Variety of Water Icons) 

Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic/ Rejuvenating Jar of Brains 75/60 Heal (500 Intelligence is Required for Tunic, with a nice 3 2-icon Defense added in)

Downsize! -> Thick Smoke Bomb (I personally like to bring one Thick Smoke Bomb, since I rarely use Downsize anymore, just in case.)

Randomly Firing Freeze Ray/Scroll of Freezing - 50% freezer/100% freezer(Scroll of Freezing May Break After Use) 

Mix up some defense, I like throwing in random 100% blockers, ie (Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Hanso Charisma Charm, Altadorian Swordbreaker, Enchanted Kiko Squeeze Toy)

Spend the rest of whatever is left on Kitchen Quests and Codestone Training. Getting level 200-250 is vital for the Level 50/200 Freezer Abilities, and Ninja Academy you can get 180 boosts in a single month (If you did every 4 hours every day)

Starting off by saying that everyone who mentioned you're goals as a factor is absolutely right.  1P and 2P are very different and if you're looking to get into 2P leagues then the specific league you join will do a lot to guide your buying decisions.

Stats are super important too, since items that have lots of icons won't do much more damage than those with fewer icons unless a pet has the ATK and DEF to back up their equipment.

If LordFloppy is your battle pet, I'd recommend the following:

-Focus on training before getting weapons that cost more than the 99K Shop WIzard cap.  As Aquamentis12 said, check the Battlepedia page on STR and DEF boosts here.  With a current .75 dmg per icon for ATK and .5 for DEF, high-tier weapons won't boost LordFloppy's battle capabilities that much.  If you do want to upgrade anyway, I'd suggest looking through the battledome sets here.

-To help with training, you might wish to focus on being able to fight the Koi Warrior, since he usually drops more codestones than other challengers.

-As an only pet, I definitely agree with Rynarok about the Kitchen Quests.  You won't get a stat increase for every quest, but when you do get one you know you're battle pet will be the one given the boost.