Hi everyone! This is my first time posting on the forums. I used to play neopets about 13 years ago and was SUPER into it. However like most of us as I grew older I lost interest. A few months ago I decided it would be fun to try it out again. Unfortunately my old account has been deleted due to inactivity but I'm really enjoying my new account. Anyways, one of the things I was doing when I last played neopets was trying to get the pack rat avatar so I decided this would be the first thing I would accomplish now that I'm back. 4 months, later and with a lot of dedication I've gotten it! I'm proud to say I've gotten most of it for free through my dailies. I have two problems now: 1) what should I try to accomplish next? I'm a very goal orientated person so it's much more fun for me to be trying to achieve something. 2) While doing my dailies I've gotten a handful of NC mall wearable items (mainly through the money tree). As of right now I'm really not much into the idea of customization. That may change but for now it's not appealing and sounds like a lot of work. Plus, I really like my Neopets in their natural state :) At the time I was acquiring them I assumed I would be able to just sell them in my shop when I achieved the avatar but I've discovered that is not allowed. So my question is what should I do with them? Is there a way for me to (legally) make a profit off these items? I don't want to trade for more or different ones so I'm not sure what to do.

If it helps I have: Prissy Miss Bow, Elegant Gold Necklace, Pastel Blue Hair Bow, Flower and Jewel Circlet, Hero of Neopia Foreground, and Silver Star Bracers.

I've got about 4 Basic Gift Boxes. And I've also got a NC Mall 8th Birthday Mystery Capsule that I'm not sure if I should open or not.

One last question: What about customization appeals to you? What got you into it? Is there a favorite item of yours?

Well thanks for your help in advance and have fun out there!

Unfortunately, if you don't want to trade for different items and you're not interested in using them there's not much you can do. The only thing I can think of is if you could get someone to trade you for fortune cookies that do other things (like the faerie fortune cookie that gives you a random faerie quest a day for like a week I think), but I'm not sure if that's even possible. Basically, there's no way to get Neopoints for NC items (or vice versa) that's within the bounds of the rules, because NC comes from real-world currency.

If I were you I would just hang on to them in your SDB, just in case you decide you do want to get into customizing eventually. The birthday capsule would probably be even more useful for trading than the other things, so I wouldn't open it. 

Unfortunately, if you don't want to trade for different items and you're not interested in using them there's not much you can do. The only thing I can think of is if you could get someone to trade you for fortune cookies that do other things (like the faerie fortune cookie that gives you a random faerie quest a day for like a week I think), but I'm not sure if that's even possible. Basically, there's no way to get Neopoints for NC items (or vice versa) that's within the bounds of the rules, because NC comes from real-world currency.

If I were you I would just hang on to them in your SDB, just in case you decide you do want to get into customizing eventually. The birthday capsule would probably be even more useful for trading than the other things, so I wouldn't open it. 

Thanks. I was afraid that was the case. Oh, well. At least they're kind of pretty :)

pulpfreeoj was correct when stating that you cannot trade NC items for NP items or NPs.

The only item you have of value is the Birthday Mystery Capsule, which you could probably trade for 1-2 Faerie Quest Cookies depending on the capsules value.

The other items are what the NC Community considers to be "junk" because they're given out so often through capsules and whatnot.

If you choose to open the capsule

mall_mc_8bday.gif

It will award one or two retired exclusive birthday themed items with a chance at one of three bonus items. So if you don't want to gamble, then trading migh tbe a good idea. :)

/to answer the customization question, I love designing an outfit and coordinating what would look best on my pets.   I highly suggest using http://impress.openneo.net/to plan out your outfits.  It makes it easy.  If you ever want help designing something, feel free to  let me know!  

And favorite item np item is the Elegant Princess Amira Cape.clo_amira_cape.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIG When I first started most of my customization used it.  Unfortunately it is kinda pricey so I never got one.   

My favorite nc item is the butterfly dress.  I love the design.  

Yep pulpfreeoj is right. But to answer your customization question I started customizing after I got my Xweetok and my first decent wearable item: Maraquan Maiden Dress. Now all four of my pets have a theme to their customization: Terror Mountain/winter, Faerie, Pirate, and Alice in Wonderland(Mostly Wonderland)

It took a long time for me to start customizing.  When I first started, I just wanted to dress my pets up in something festive for Christmas.  Then, I decided to do customizations to support my team in the Altador Cup.  Then, I decided that I liked the little bit of variation that customizing my pets gave.  It was really rare for me to paint my pets, and I had been looking at them without customization for years.  It became one more thing I could do to keep myself interested in the site when I wasn't working on anything else.  When I started battling, I also really enjoyed customizing my pet to make her look like a warrior.

These are my favorite items in my closet:

mall_mme16_vinedress.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGclo_springabee_flower_wig.gif?NO_CAMO_CObg_maldarkfaerie.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGclo_lenny_daradv_wigcloak.gif?NO_CAMO_COclo_fancyfrockcoat.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGclo_gcm_gcjacketpack.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGclo_ddy15_wzbeard.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGgif_ddy15_blsymfg.gif?NO_CAMO_CONFIGclo_kacheek_pyjama_slippers.gif?NO_CAMO_mall_bg_holiday_boat_ride.gif?NO_CAMO_CO

I also really love my Aisha Warrior and Lenny Plague Doctor outfits.