Totally frustrated with Ghoul Catchers

darnflamingos

I downloaded Ghoul Catchers on my phone yesterday and it leaves me totally frustrated.

I can't login with my account. I've tried a lot of times and it just says that my password and login don't match. I tried to get the app to send me an email with a new password, but I never receive the email.

Because I wanted to try the game, I made a new login. Now when I open the app, I try my shine brand-new user name and it gives me the same problem. I am very sure I spelled everything right.

Does anyone else have this problem? What can I do?

I actually downloaded the game on my iPad and my android phone. Both give the same error.

Nope, I still can't link it to my main; I haven't been able to since the game debuted months ago. They responded to my ticket a while back saying to try again, but it still didn't work. I had tried linking to my side, but you earn NP and items, and you can't do that on a side, so that's not a good solution. (I didn't know that's how it would work when I signed up; I can never read the FAQs for some reason, no matter which browser I use, and I had assumed it'd be like Treasure Keepers.)

Someone suggested it might be a password thing (length, certain characters), but I changed my main's password to my side's, and that didn't fix it (even though that password works for the side account). Sometimes it can be a browser/NoScript/etc. issue, but not if it's giving you the password match error. It's worth trying to change your password, and if that doesn't work, submitting a ticket... maybe they have some workaround.

What do you mean by submitting a ticket. Is it some complaint form? How does ik work? Where do I go?

At the very bottom of any page in Neopets, click on the white word "help." The help should load into the content frame of Neopets (you should still have your site theme). If it loads by itself, go back until it loads correctly. Then click on "Submit a ticket" next to the golden ticket on the help page. Then just fill out the form.

Have you, by chance, linked your Neopets account with/to your Facebook account, if you have one? (Neopets - My Account - Preferences - Facebook Connect Preferences). If Neopets is connected to FB, then Ghoul Catchers may be "looking" for your FB login password, so try the FB Login option on Ghoul Catchers. If you have a Facebook account, have your tried playing Ghoul Catchers there, and does it work? If you have your Neopets account linked to your FB account and the Ghoul Catchers FB Login still does not work and Ghoul Catchers in FB on your computer gets stuck at loading, try un-linking your Neopets account from your FB account and try logging into Ghoul Catchers on one of your devices, with the "regular" Neopets logon option, and see if it now logs you on, and see if Ghoul Catchers on FB on your computer now loads and lets you play.

I really didn't understand what Scoobert just suggested, but my log-in issues were on Facebook (nothing to load the app onto). And I would never dream of linking my Facebook account to anything else; that's simply not something I want to pursue. (I only throw this out there since I said I've had a similar issue, and I wanted to clarify where I was having the issue and how. My understanding from the response to my ticket was that this is an issue with certain accounts, and TNT's not sure why, but they're working on it...)

My apologies. After I posted and read it, I thought it did sound confusing.

You can link your Neopets account with Facebook. On the Neopets website, if you hover over "my account", and click on "preferences", it will take you to your "Site Preferences" page. There is a link at the top for "Facebook Connect Preferences". I am not suggesting you to do so, and I agree with siniri, that I do not like to connect my Facebook account to any of my other accounts. It is a personal preference. When you click the "Facebook Connect Preferences" link, it will let you know if your Neopets account is linked to your Facebook account. As I said, mine isn't. However, it is possible darnflamingos did. My suggestion is to click on the "Facebook Connect Preferences" link to see if your account is linked. If your Neopets account is linked to your Facebook account, that could be why you receive a "user name and password" login error with the Ghoul Catchers app. When you tap the Ghoul Catchers app on your iPhone/iPad or Android device, there is a "Facebook login" button on the left, a "Login" button in the middle (for your Neopets user name and password), and a "Play" button, on the right. If your Neopets account is linked to Facebook, my suggestion is to try tapping on the Facebook logon button in the Ghoul Catchers app, and try logging in with your Facebook user name and password. If it works, great, and it is my thought that could be why you get a user name and password error message when tapping on the middle login button. (The Ghoul Catchers app "knows" your Neopets account is linked to your Facebook account, and it is "wanting" your Facebook user name and password, not your Neopets user name and password). If you still cannot login to the Ghoul Catchers app with the Facebook login, then my other suggestion is to try and "unlink" your Neopets account with Facebook. Once that has been done, then to try tapping on the middle "Login" button in the Ghoul Catchers app and use your Neopets user name and password. If that works, fine. If still no luck, then the Ghoul Catchers app is "buggy" and hopefully TNT can figure it out and post an update. My other, other suggestion was to see if darnflamingos is able to play the app on Facebook, just to see if there are login issues, too, with the Facebook game/app on the Facebook website.

Lack of clarity is a fault of mine, along with confusion, unfortunately. Hopefully, this makes more sense. I understand it may not.

Mahlevolence made this post a couple of months ago, here, on TDN Forums: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/44757-can-someone-help-me-with-ghoul-catchers/. She faced an issue with Ghoul Catchers on Facebook, and she was able to find a fix by disconnecting her Neopets account from her "old" Facebook account, after creating a new Facebook account. (Trying to put "two and two" together, but making a mess of it.)

Nope, I still can't link it to my main... I had tried linking to my side, but you earn NP and items, and you can't do that on a side, so that's not a good solution. 

Well Im in the same boat, playing on a side because I cant log in with main main (its been months). I cant get the help page to load so I sent an email, also months ago. I DON'T want to link the app with my barely used FB account. So yes I understand I am not following rules and terms; but honestly what do they expect? I justify it in my head by saying I'm not playing on both accounts. 

No, I never connected it to my Facebook. I don't want to bother my friends with my silly addictions - lols.

But it is leaving me totally frustrated that the account I made in the app doesn't work either. There is really a problem with this app, and I can't imagine why they can't fix it since a lot of people seem to be experiencing the same problem. It's just not good business.