Neopian Life

Pikky126

Against her better judgement, Flutter takes the bottle.  Glancing at the Brain Tree, perhaps for advice, she notices that he is currently unresponsive, in the trance-like 'sleep' that the tree was prone to enter when in a stressful state.  Looking again at the concoction, she frowns, thinking that it should be impossible to drink the entire contents, even if she wanted to, as the amount of fluid was rather large for a Petpet of her size.  After much deliberation, she unstoppers the bottle and sniffs the fumes that come out.  It smelled foul, but most medicine does, she figured, and took a tiny sip of the potion, then waited to see what may happen, putting the bottle down for a moment and restoppering it. 

Sophie walks into the Haunted Woods, she looks around and sees you. "NO!" She screams and runs up to you. "Have you not heard the tales? The Tales of Woe? Neovia?" She sighs and starts looking around frantically. "Where did he go!?" She demands. "Where did Mr. Krawley go?!" She quickly runs off to Neovia. 

The Brain Tree wakes up. "Sophie? Why did she co-" he looks at the bottle and sighs. "Oh you poor creature. I guess this means Mr. Krawley is back again... Perhaps Sophie can help you as she did for Neovia before you... We can only hope."

(I figured, but hey, plot matters ;D)

Edit: And I loved the premise to that plot btw, it was awesome <3

The Whoot would have pointed the witch in the right direction, but she had run off before anything could be done. 

Flutter shrugs, remembering the tales but not recognizing the oil on sight, nor the Neopet.  Wordlessly, walks a fair distance away from the Tree and pours out the rest of the gunk on the forest floor.  Coming back over she remarks, "Hey, woorst that happens, I groow a coouple oof pairs oof extra limbs, right?  Coould be woorse, much woorse, and anyway, it goot that freak too leave, didn't it?" in a tone seeming much too flippant than the situation called for, considering she was probably going to mutate painfully even with the small dose she took within the hour.  Thinking for a moment, she looks up at the Brain Tree, asking, "Hey d'ya think having extra limbs would come in handy?" with a completely straight face. 

The Brain Tree sighs, "You don't understand do you?" He sighs and seems to sit up a bit straighter. "The tonic gives you whatever you desire. You wanted a way to defeat The Beast, therefore you will probably grow freakish and large, have you heard the story of Bruno? The first man from Neovia to take the tonic? Well he took the tonic with the wish to become stronger and more confident. Overnight he grew incredible muscles, and an overwhelming sense of confidence, however over the weeks it eventually mutated him into a brooding hulk. You wanted to defeat an incredibly powerful entity, therefore we can only imagine the effects it will have on you. There are only two known cures anyways. One that Sophie made, and another that..." He gazes off towards Neovia. "Well, we don't want to take that route."

"Ookay, soo it wasn't a Transmoogrificatioon Pootioon then.  Shoooot, I thoought I had that nailed.  Woonder if my wings'll groow as well, it woould be rather oodd noot being able too fly," she muttered to herself.  Gesturing aimlessly with her small arms, the Petpet seems exasperated with the Tree.  "Y'make it soound like the pootioon'll kill me oor soomething," she rasps, already starting to feel...something happening.  Pacing a few steps in thought, she paused to cough briefly.  'Would the oil have absorbed quickly enough to work even if I forced myself to vomit?' she aimlessly wondered as she stared at the traces of blood on the paw she had coughed into. 

"I'm afraid it probably will still absorb." He sighs, "But then again, no one can know for sure. This has never been recorded to be used on such a small creature. I'm afraid it may just kill you instead..." 

This was obviously not an answer that the Whoot wanted to hear.  She hesitated, then decided that if she didn't wait this out and potentially take care of The Beast That Lurks Behind The Tree, there would be nothing, barring Sophie, as unlikely as it was that she would be able to do anything either, let alone actually help the Brain Tree willingly again, there to stop the Beast from wreaking havoc throughout the Haunted Woods and possibly beyond.  Smirking bitterly, she turned mischievous eyes on the Tree above her.  "Hey, you're always wanting to know something new about the world, right old friend?  Consider this something to add to your repository of knowledge," she squawked, then hunched over as a wracking pain caused her to hack and cough futilely as the oil attacked her innards, or so it felt. 

Edit: I imagine the concentration to weight ratio to be much larger for Flutter here, despite the small amount she ingested, than it was for the Neopets in the Tale of Woe, as birds are extremely small, light, and have quick heart rates and metabolisms, meaning that what was taken would circulate much more quickly than it would for a mammal, like the hounds Gelerts are based on. 

You feel power coursing through you, and you grow to an immense size, larger than even an elephante. Brutish strength runs through you and you begin to lose focus of your actual goals.

Sophie runs into the Haunted Woods and sees you. "Oh no" She says quietly and runs back into Neovia."

You feel power coursing through you, and you grow to an immense size, larger than even an elephante. Brutish strength runs through you and you begin to lose focus of your actual goals.

Sophie runs into the Haunted Woods and sees you. "Oh no" She says quietly and runs back into Neovia."

Flutter holds her head in both hands for a moment afterwards, feeling a massive migraine coming on.  "Urrrgh, that was hoorrible," she moaned, then was startled as her voice boomed and echoed through the area.  Trying to take a step, she lost her balance due to her new massive bulk and collapsed.  "Oowch.  Hey, Brain Tree, what was I dooing this time too get myself intoo this new mess again?" she questioned, feeling confused all of a sudden as her vision flickered alarmingly.  "And whoo was that oover there?  I feel like I knoow her soomehoow."

Edit: I feel suddenly like I want to draw her new form.  She is now completely quadrupedal due to her weight, thus her issues walking around.

Edit 2: It's about half-done now, basically imagine a giant owl griffin.  I'll try to imbed if possible, otherwise provide a link for you ;)

The Brain Tree looks shocked at your transformation. "Well" he says "The person that just ran in and left? That was Sophie." He looked troubled and gazed at you. "This potion will corrupt your mind. And corrupt your morality. Soon you may not be the same person. Sophie I believe is working on a cure, however it may be wise for you to use this power for a short time."

A monster roars in the distance and you see it barreling towards you.

The Brain Tree looks shocked at your transformation. "Well" he says "The person that just ran in and left? That was Sophie." He looked troubled and gazed at you. "This potion will corrupt your mind. And corrupt your morality. Soon you may not be the same person. Sophie I believe is working on a cure, however it may be wise for you to use this power for a short time."

A monster roars in the distance and you see it barreling towards you.

Looking blearily at the Brain Tree, you nod absently, considering a nap instead.  Well that seemed to explain why her head wouldn't quit pounding at least.  The idea of being corrupted made her blink and stare at the ground with a bit more focus, but she couldn't seem to hold any sort of mental coherence; thoughts randomly came and went without order, making it extremely difficult to regain her internal balance.  "Well this Soophie better be woorking fast," Flutter snorts, her elongated tail twitching involuntarily, "Can't seem too foocus oon anything.  Everything aches aboominably."  With a flare of insight, she straightens and stands, eyes narrowing.  "I'll rip that Krawk too shreds next time I see his soory hide," she hissed dangerously, scanning the undergrowth as if she expected him to jump out at the very moment she paused. 

Spotting the creature in the shadows rapidly approaching, Flutter growled almost happily and launched herself at it, claws extended and beak poised to tear flesh.  "Come get some!" she shrieked.

The next moments flash in a blur, you lose all consciousness and focus on anything. You feel your hands fighting and attacking. Energy is running through you and adrenaline prevents you from feeling any pain. You seem to fight for hours. Days? Weeks? Time blurs by.

Eventually you awaken from what was apparently a slumber, you look around, Sophie is standing next to you with an empty bottle, she's holding her arm and looks to have some mixture of happiness and pain. She looks up behind you and droops her head. "At least... At least you're cured is all..." She whispers. With that she runs off back into the woods.

You stand up and look around, most of The Haunted Woods is in shambles, and the Brain Tree is destroyed and scattered behind you.

The next moments flash in a blur, you lose all consciousness and focus on anything. You feel your hands fighting and attacking. Energy is running through you and adrenaline prevents you from feeling any pain. You seem to fight for hours. Days? Weeks? Time blurs by.

Eventually you awaken from what was apparently a slumber, you look around, Sophie is standing next to you with an empty bottle, she's holding her arm and looks to have some mixture of happiness and pain. She looks up behind you and droops her head. "At least... At least you're cured is all..." She whispers. With that she runs off back into the woods.

You stand up and look around, most of The Haunted Woods is in shambles, and the Brain Tree is destroyed and scattered behind you.

Trembling with fading adrenaline, you survey the scene before you.  The entire area you can see is decimated.  Barely a branch remains of any of the surrounding trees.  A few of them even have their trunks broken in two, the heartwood and sap blown everywhere, an idea you would have scoffed at earlier, thinking of the massive old trees.  Swallowing hard, and blinking, you shakily pick up a fallen twig of your friend's and tear off after the Ixi whom apparently cured you.  "SOOOOPHIE!" you shrilly shriek after her quickly retreating form, "WHAT IN FYOORA'S NAME HAPPENED HERE?  EVERYTHING IS GOONE!  I- I can't remember anything, and-and...and the Brain Tree has been toorn too pieces!  I need too knoow!  Tell me please!"

Trembling with fading adrenaline, you survey the scene before you. The entire area you can see is decimated. Barely a branch remains of any of the surrounding trees. A few of them even have their trunks broken in two, the heartwood and sap blown everywhere, an idea you would have scoffed at earlier, thinking of the massive old trees. Swallowing hard, and blinking, you shakily pick up a fallen twig of your friend's and tear off after the Ixi whom apparently cured you. "SOOOOPHIE!" you shrilly shriek after her quickly retreating form, "WHAT IN FYOORA'S NAME HAPPENED HERE? EVERYTHING IS GOONE! I- I can't remember anything, and-and...and the Brain Tree has been toorn too pieces! I need too knoow! Tell me please!"

She sighs, "You and The Beast destroyed everything..."

From behind you, you see the PPL coming up. They grab you and put you in a cage. "I'm sorry" the man says. "But you've caused enough, haven't you?"

The Whoot appears to deflate, as if all of the air was taken out of her balloon.  Her beak works wordlessly.  "I- what, there's no way, there must be a mistake," she longed to voice, but found that she couldn't.  Taking another long look at what was her home, she turns a broken gaze back on the witch in front of her still.  "Is- is The Beast That Lurks Behind The Tree still oout there?" she finally asked, hiccuping with grief.  Letting out a bitter snort, she mutters, "They'd have too change it's name, there-there aren't any trees left too lurk behind in the Haunted Woooods, are there?"  Clutching the twig she held close to her chest, the Petpet sobbed.