Regarding the Obelisk War

So about the Obelisk War, what stats do you suggest I have before attempting third tier opponents? (e.g. Nefarious Plotter, or Brutal Mercenary)

I suggest 55 HP, 35 strength, 20 defense, and at least Level 10 or 25 for the faerie abilities.

To learn more and to get weapon suggestions, visit the Battlepedia's guide: Obelisk War Challenger Guide.

If you want to go directly to the third level opponents (the "Raiding Party"), click here.

Oh, thanks for all the advice! I'll focus on raising her stats before I send my pet back into the Obelisk War.

Oh, thanks for all the advice! I'll focus on raising her stats before I send my pet back into the Obelisk War.

NO WAY!  You should fight in EVERY obelisk.  The obelisk is available for everyone at every level.  Your pet's HP is 25 and strength is 31.  You are FINE to fight the first two challengers at the highest difficulty level.  They will have 12hp at their highest difficulty level.  You need 10 fights.  That way you can have the benefits of the obelisk, such as boons if/when you win, and you can continue to train your pet.  I have always participated in the obelisk while simultaneously training my pets.  I am current fighting at the highest difficulty except for the last two pets I am at the lowest difficulty level and the second to last pets I am at the medium difficulty.  Don't ever let your level or ability keep from participating.  That is how you gain experience, NPs, boons, prizes, avatars, site themes, etc.  Just fight the challengers at your difficulty level and as you train and progress, before you know it, you will be battling the higher difficulty level pets.  Feel free to friend me and/or pm me for advice on training and/or weapons.  Good luck.  Don't quit battling.  

NO WAY!  You should fight in EVERY obelisk.  The obelisk is available for everyone at every level.  Your pet's HP is 25 and strength is 31.  You are FINE to fight the first two challengers at the highest difficulty level.  They will have 12hp at their highest difficulty level.  You need 10 fights.  That way you can have the benefits of the obelisk, such as boons if/when you win, and you can continue to train your pet.  I have always participated in the obelisk while simultaneously training my pets.  I am current fighting at the highest difficulty except for the last two pets I am at the lowest difficulty level and the second to last pets I am at the medium difficulty.  Don't ever let your level or ability keep from participating.  That is how you gain experience, NPs, boons, prizes, avatars, site themes, etc.  Just fight the challengers at your difficulty level and as you train and progress, before you know it, you will be battling the higher difficulty level pets.  Feel free to friend me and/or pm me for advice on training and/or weapons.  Good luck.  Don't quit battling.  

Oh, I actually meant before I send her back into a fight with tier 3 opponents. But thanks so much for the info on what qualifies for rewards. (I fought tiers one and two like twice each and I was just going to hope for the best.)

Oh, I actually meant before I send her back into a fight with tier 3 opponents. But thanks so much for the info on what qualifies for rewards. (I fought tiers one and two like twice each and I was just going to hope for the best.)

No problem.  Any time.  If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I did misunderstand what you said.  When I first read your post, I was thinking the highest DIFFICULTY level, not the 3rd tier opponents (even though you specifically named the opponents-duh me-lol) I thought you were saying "those opponents on the highest difficulty" lol, again, duh me.  :rolleyes_anim:  I guess it was a long day. Like everyone else said, train to level 50 because having lens flare is great.  Freezing your opponent for 1 round is VERY helpful.  I like to freeze them while simultaneously healing myself and using my strongest weapon against them.  You also need a good healer.  At your level now, a magical healing potion is a PERFECT healer weapon.  You have 25hps.  The magical healing potion heals up to 15 hps and you can get them from the under water fishing or buy it for 1-5 nps.  A bronze scorchstone heals 15 nps too but is far more expensive.  You should be able to use the healing potion for a while. 

No problem.  Any time.  If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  I did misunderstand what you said.  When I first read your post, I was thinking the highest DIFFICULTY level, not the 3rd tier opponents (even though you specifically named the opponents-duh me-lol) I thought you were saying "those opponents on the highest difficulty" lol, again, duh me.  :rolleyes_anim:  I guess it was a long day. Like everyone else said, train to level 50 because having lens flare is great.  Freezing your opponent for 1 round is VERY helpful.  I like to freeze them while simultaneously healing myself and using my strongest weapon against them.  You also need a good healer.  At your level now, a magical healing potion is a PERFECT healer weapon.  You have 25hps.  The magical healing potion heals up to 15 hps and you can get them from the under water fishing or buy it for 1-5 nps.  A bronze scorchstone heals 15 nps too but is far more expensive.  You should be able to use the healing potion for a while. 

I'm currently using an Oasis Tonic for healing, but my only freezing is a Snowglobe Staff (I.E. Very unreliable)

but my only freezing is a Snowglobe Staff (I.E. Very unreliable)

I was just granted an extra item boon and equipped  my snowglobe that had been collecting edust  for roughly 3 years. I am so so disappointed with it, snowballs close to useless rarely freezes. I remember it being a good beg/inter item. Is it obselete in the new dome? Or is my memory failing me? What freezer should I have? If any?

The Snowglobe Staff freezes about 20% of the time. That used to be enough when you could withdraw from a fight if it didn't freeze. That method still works but it counts as a loss in your statistics. Plus, it's not a very good long range plan.

For a much better chance at freezing (and comparable price tag), consider Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, which freezes 50% of the time. You could instead opt for a Scroll of Freezing, which freezes 100% of the time but is likely to break (about 20% chance each time, I believe).

For a full 100% freezer, the cheapest option is H4000 Helmet.

The Snowglobe Staff freezes about 20% of the time. That used to be enough when you could withdraw from a fight if it didn't freeze. That method still works but it counts as a loss in your statistics. Plus, it's not a very good long range plan.

For a much better chance at freezing (and comparable price tag), consider Randomly Firing Freeze Ray, which freezes 50% of the time. You could instead opt for a Scroll of Freezing, which freezes 100% of the time but is likely to break (about 20% chance each time, I believe).

For a full 100% freezer, the cheapest option is H4000 Helmet.

*Checks price for Randomly Firing Freeze Ray*

"WHAT?!"

How much money am I supposed to have? Gosh, that's expensive.

"WHAT?!"

RFFR price I could afford but it only works half the time. Just looked at H4000, now my turn to feel pale. Yet honestly decent intermediate gear is so much affordable now than in past years. I guess I don't need a better freezer right now, when (if) stealing comes back I'll revisit the idea.

RFFR price I could afford but it only works half the time. Just looked at H4000, now my turn to feel pale. Yet honestly decent intermediate gear is so much affordable now than in past years. I guess I don't need a better freezer right now, when (if) stealing comes back I'll revisit the idea.

RFFR is affordable for you? Gosh, seriously how much am I losing in the money game right now?

"WHAT?!"

I think I was unclear. When I said "comparable price tag," I didn't mean it was a similar price tag to Snowglobe Staff. I meant it's going to cost more because it's a better weapon. I hope that didn't contribute to your shock.

Every account has different earning and spending habits and goals. Just because you can't afford a weapon right now doesn't mean you won't be able to earn enough NP for it. If you want some help with NP-earning, I suggest you check out some NP-earning guides. There are plenty of petpage guides on it. There are also some threads on TDNF about NP-earning, mostly in the Neopets General Chat. Plus, articles on TDN can help you with whatever method you choose.

"WHAT?!"

As has been stated the 100% Freezers are much more. ;) Some people will accept items in trades. For me, that's what I always worked on. Building my pet and budget battling as much as I could to learn more about battling so that when a plot came around that involved battling, I could actually earn some cool prizes, either to advance my pet or sell for NP or use in trades.

But those are few and far between. Why, we haven't had a good battle-plot since the Obelisk War.

But if you fight opponents that can give out some interesting rare items, you could make a fair bit of NP. Though I'd recommend saving any regular codestones you win from your daily battles for your pet's training. You won't need the red stones for awhile, so you could sell some of those. When you get to level 50, you can earn and use the Faerie Ability, Lens Flare. If you haven't read up on it yet. Lens Flare works once per battle, and has the effect of temporarily blinding your opponent so they don't attack that turn. So it is best, imho, to either use your freezer and an attack weapon the same turn you use Lens Flare (If you freeze the opponent that's one more free turn you get where they can't attack) OR, If you don't have something that freezes, you should use both of your strongest weapons in the same turn you use Lens Flare.

Of course, if your opponent survives that onslaught and has a healing item, it may heal in the next turn, though it may not, but be prepared for that too. You may lose, depending on what kind of healing item it is, how much it heals.

Some people Restock for NP, some of us game, and/or sell what we win in the Battledome. When the World Challenge and Key Quest were still going, it was a little easier getting items to sell or trade. Hopefully TNT can bring those back soon! Especially the World Challenges. lol

Anyway, depending on who you challenge in the BD, You can make a fair bit of NP, especially if you have easily sold merchandise from BD prizes. Both kinds of Codestones are probably the easiest to sell if you keep your prices fairly competitive with the lowest prices on the shop wiz. Good luck!

As has been stated the 100% Freezers are much more. ;) Some people will accept items in trades. For me, that's what I always worked on. Building my pet and budget battling as much as I could to learn more about battling so that when a plot came around that involved battling, I could actually earn some cool prizes, either to advance my pet or sell for NP or use in trades.

But those are few and far between. Why, we haven't had a good battle-plot since the Obelisk War.

But if you fight opponents that can give out some interesting rare items, you could make a fair bit of NP. Though I'd recommend saving any regular codestones you win from your daily battles for your pet's training. You won't need the red stones for awhile, so you could sell some of those. When you get to level 50, you can earn and use the Faerie Ability, Lens Flare. If you haven't read up on it yet. Lens Flare works once per battle, and has the effect of temporarily blinding your opponent so they don't attack that turn. So it is best, imho, to either use your freezer and an attack weapon the same turn you use Lens Flare (If you freeze the opponent that's one more free turn you get where they can't attack) OR, If you don't have something that freezes, you should use both of your strongest weapons in the same turn you use Lens Flare.

Of course, if your opponent survives that onslaught and has a healing item, it may heal in the next turn, though it may not, but be prepared for that too. You may lose, depending on what kind of healing item it is, how much it heals.

Some people Restock for NP, some of us game, and/or sell what we win in the Battledome. When the World Challenge and Key Quest were still going, it was a little easier getting items to sell or trade. Hopefully TNT can bring those back soon! Especially the World Challenges. lol

Anyway, depending on who you challenge in the BD, You can make a fair bit of NP, especially if you have easily sold merchandise from BD prizes. Both kinds of Codestones are probably the easiest to sell if you keep your prices fairly competitive with the lowest prices on the shop wiz. Good luck!

Well I'm at a point where I barely feel comfortable fighting Eyrieki or Valin (I usually just fight S750 Kreludan Defender Robot, as I'm not exactly the most confident battler.)