Average ticket wait time?

zorwen

So I'm trying to regain access to an old account after having not been on Neo for a few years. I submitted a ticket 8 days ago with a bunch of info, and I've also sent them a message on Facebook every few days since submitting a ticket (as per the advice from someone on reddit). I'm fully aware of the reputation the Neopets support team has in regards to the speediness, or lack thereof, of ticket responses, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with having had a ticket dealt with recently and if so, how long they were waiting before they got a reply. At the moment all I'm doing on my side account is the Lab Ray, which I had access to previously. I really want to do some restocking/saving etc but I feel it would be better to wait to regain access to my main. Unless, of course, that's going to take a matter of months. I don't know if I'm that patient haha.

Since you don't have access to your main account right now, your side account is essentially your new main account and can be treated as such. While you're waiting on a response from TNT use your current account as you would normally use your main. It can take a while for TNT to get back to you, so at least you won't be missing out. :)

Since you don't have access to your main account right now, your side account is essentially your new main account and can be treated as such. While you're waiting on a response from TNT use your current account as you would normally use your main. It can take a while for TNT to get back to you, so at least you won't be missing out. :)

Thanks for the reply :) I guess I'll start playing games and stuff so I have enough NP to begin restocking. Does that mean I can open up a shop etc on my temporary main account? And what do I do with the items, NP etc I've collected when (hopefully when) I regain access to my old main? Can I just transfer them all over?

I've been waiting since February, and haven't even been assigned to a tech yet >.< I've provided heaps of information, and I even have a link to this account on the old one saying this is my side account. So, so sad.

I have links to my side accounts on my main as well. Have you tried messaging them through Facebook? I've heard people say that can hurry their response along. I really hope they sort it for you soon, anyway.

Thanks for the reply :) I guess I'll start playing games and stuff so I have enough NP to begin restocking. Does that mean I can open up a shop etc on my temporary main account? And what do I do with the items, NP etc I've collected when (hopefully when) I regain access to my old main? Can I just transfer them all over?

I have links to my side accounts on my main as well. Have you tried messaging them through Facebook? I've heard people say that can hurry their response along. I really hope they sort it for you soon, anyway.

Yes, i sent them a facebook message a month ago and they never even read it. Sent another one today since I totally forgot about it. I'm not quite brave enough to write on their wall though, almost all of my facebook friends quit playing at least 10 years ago. I'd really rather them not know that I still play :P

When you regain access to your account all you need to do is not do dailies or play games for 24 hours on both accounts and you can transfer everything over. :)

A word on how tech support works :

There is a giant pile of tickets in the system. Usually agents are assigned to work on oldest to newest. They may be limited on staff, so it takes time. In my job, I can handle between 60-100 tickets per 8h work day. Once you are assigned to someone, they still take new tickets while handling their old ones. To speed up the process, they have macro (pre-made messages) and they may send you something totally inaccurate to your problem.

You can also send a BBB complaint, but I'm not sure how Jumpstart has been handling that. It's possible they don't care at all.

Good luck!

I lost my account too, submitted a ticket, made a new account since I did not have a side account. Over a year had passed and I put a lot of time in effort into my new account before they responded. Although, they did respond that too much time had now passed for them to be able to do anything about restoring my account :( I know since this is free to play game they must get endless tickets, but I see very very few good experience stories when it comes to restoration tickets.

Yes, i sent them a facebook message a month ago and they never even read it. Sent another one today since I totally forgot about it. I'm not quite brave enough to write on their wall though, almost all of my facebook friends quit playing at least 10 years ago. I'd really rather them not know that I still play :P

Oh yeah, it's been only private messages from me, I'm not brave enough to directly post on their wall :P

When you regain access to your account all you need to do is not do dailies or play games for 24 hours on both accounts and you can transfer everything over. :)

Thanks for the clarification :)

A word on how tech support works :

There is a giant pile of tickets in the system. Usually agents are assigned to work on oldest to newest. They may be limited on staff, so it takes time. In my job, I can handle between 60-100 tickets per 8h work day. Once you are assigned to someone, they still take new tickets while handling their old ones. To speed up the process, they have macro (pre-made messages) and they may send you something totally inaccurate to your problem.

You can also send a BBB complaint, but I'm not sure how Jumpstart has been handling that. It's possible they don't care at all.

Good luck!

Good to know, thanks for the info! That's a whole load of tickets for one day, you must have your work cut out, woah. The BBB link doesn't seem to work for me - not sure if it has anything to do with the fact I'm not in the US - I don't know how these things work. But I appreciate that the site has recently changed hands and I can understand there's a lot for the new staff to be getting to grips with at the moment. Thanks for the help, though!

I lost my account too, submitted a ticket, made a new account since I did not have a side account. Over a year had passed and I put a lot of time in effort into my new account before they responded. Although, they did respond that too much time had now passed for them to be able to do anything about restoring my account :( I know since this is free to play game they must get endless tickets, but I see very very few good experience stories when it comes to restoration tickets.

I'm sorry about your account :( I've heard a lot of bad stories about these types of tickets (and honestly, tickets in general) too. I have also heard about some positive experiences, but it could be the case that these types of occurrences were more common in days-gone-by. I don't know enough about the Neopets team staff to be able to make a judgement though, so maybe that's unfair. I'm just a little annoyed at myself since in my 11 years + of having this particular account and coming back and forth on the site, this is the first time I've not been able to get back into it :P I just can't remember my password. And a lot of the Neopets appeal is about the nostalgia factor for me, so I don't know how long the site would keep my interest if I wasn't able to get back to my old account. Uh, sorry for the essay haha.

How long had your account been sitting before you submitted the ticket? I don't think I've access mine in close to 5 years. It's probably a lost cause if time gone by really does effect restoration. So, so sad :(

I got access to one of my now sides a little while ago. It was an account I made years and years ago and I couldn't remember the password and the email for it was long gone, but I put in a ticket what my birthday was, some items I remember having, my neofriends, ect, and I got it returned to me in a couple days if I remember correctly. I think it's luck of the draw sometimes, as I passed someone on the boards who had just gotten their account returned to them after 3 years of waiting. My advice is to be patient and don't send multiple tickets because that probably just clogs the system. 

I got access to one of my now sides a little while ago. It was an account I made years and years ago and I couldn't remember the password and the email for it was long gone, but I put in a ticket what my birthday was, some items I remember having, my neofriends, ect, and I got it returned to me in a couple days if I remember correctly. I think it's luck of the draw sometimes, as I passed someone on the boards who had just gotten their account returned to them after 3 years of waiting. My advice is to be patient and don't send multiple tickets because that probably just clogs the system. 

This is pretty much the same info I'm missing for my account. Can't remember my password and I'm not sure of the email but if it's what I think it is, it's not available to me anymore. I know the birthday, one or two items I had, the PIN, neofriends, pet history etc and I have some old emails (before I stupidly switched the email) from Neopets in relation to the account I'm trying to regain access to. I think it should be enough, unless they do that thing where they say it's been too long since I've logged in to help me out (I think I heard of that happening). I'm glad you got yours back so quickly! Thanks for the advice.

Okay. I remember a lot of details for the account, and provide extra info as I think of it. I'm glad I still have access to my first account, which was the side to the one I lost access to. At least I have a few of my favourite pets :)

I hope you get a reply really soon! And I hope it's a positive one.

• 1 month later...

Guys, I finally got a response. They blamed it on a database issue from months ago that affected email addresses, and changed it back to my old one. Reset my password, and it's back in all it's glory. Only problem is that I've met like... all of my possible av goals, have all my dream pets, and only need to do a little bit of work on my gallery, lol. I can't decide if I want to spend money on bettering the account I've been using for the past 6 months, or focus my efforts on something extreme for the recovered account.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't really understand how time would be a factor if the information you've provided is accurate, and sufficient. I'm psyching myself up to send a ticket about my old account, that I lost access to about 8 years ago because the password stopped working from one day to the next, and I couldn't reset it because the email for that account no longer existed.

I know what the email is, and what the password should be, also what it was before they made us beef it up with a mix of lowercase and caps. I can remember a handful of neofriends, and potentially a few things that should be in my SDB (only because I was sure they were in my gallery but they're not, so I have to figure they're in my SDB), but I'm afraid to try :*

I lost access to the account I just recovered today almost 6 years ago. The email address I had linked to it was long since deleted, and yahoo woulnd't let me recreate it.  I submitted a ticket for the account back in February, provided a heap of information, and just heard from TNT today :S Can you recreate the email account your account is linked to? That would probably be quicker than waiting around for a ticket.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I don't really understand how time would be a factor if the information you've provided is accurate, and sufficient. I'm psyching myself up to send a ticket about my old account, that I lost access to about 8 years ago because the password stopped working from one day to the next, and I couldn't reset it because the email for that account no longer existed.

I know what the email is, and what the password should be, also what it was before they made us beef it up with a mix of lowercase and caps. I can remember a handful of neofriends, and potentially a few things that should be in my SDB (only because I was sure they were in my gallery but they're not, so I have to figure they're in my SDB), but I'm afraid to try :*

This JellyNeo link explains how time could be a factor - http://www.jellyneo.net/?go=accountpurges, especially if the account was "purged". The info is somewhat outdated, as it mentions Nickelodeon, but I think it is still relevant. However, personally, I would still submit a ticket. Like andrea140, I've read several other posts where people were able to get their old accounts back, even after several years of not being used. The worst they could tell you is no, which would not be great, and not really different from what you have now, but you'll never know if they say "yes", if you do not try. What is there really to lose by trying? Anyhow, whatever you decide to do, please let us know. I, for one, am curious to know how it goes and hopeful for you.

Thanks! I probably will try, I'd like to get back on that account, particularly as it should be easy to switch pets around now that the pound has the transfer option. I'd like to put the one on my new account onto my old one, as I've been training him. I did start training my nimmo on my original account...he didn't like fighting! He'd always become depressed after a battle D:<

So after 2 months of waiting I got a reply to my ticket... and like andrea140, they said there had been a previous glitch that affected login information, so they changed my details back to what I last remembered them to be. So now I have access to my old account! I hope others get similarly positive responses... as long as you're willing to wait a while!

I did submit a ticket, on Sunday. I'll be very happy if I hear something back within a couple of months! I'm a little concerned because there wasn't the question about what's in your SDB, the last question was about what's in your closet/does your pet have equiped. I wasn't able to answer that as the closet didn't exist when I lost access to my account, and I said that, but I'm confused by why the SDB question wasn't there. All it asked was the email and previous passwords, and friends. o.o