Brightvale Brings the Heat Against Kikos

Nellethiel

Posted Image

It's time again, my friends, to review the results of today's matches at the Altador Cup! This is Brooke, reporting from the studio for The Daily Neopets. We've got another set of exciting results for you, served up with a smile. Or... you know, a smirk. Or whatever expression we slap on. Depends on the caffeine intake, really. Anyway, let's get on with the Alabriss bracket!

lost desert yooyu We kicked things off today with a match between Mummies and Pirates. The Lost Desert has been having quite a year, and today marked their first sweep of the round. Krawk Island are coming down off the high of their sweep yesterday against Faerieland. The Mummies are keeping a death grip on their spot on the podium, but the Fossils are right on their heels. We'll be watching with baited breath!

The second match of the bracket saw Meridell and Faerieland go head-to-head. The Knights were poised today to take their third sweep of the year, but the Faeries snuck up on them in the slushie tents. Metaphorically, of course! The Faeries forced a draw with their highest score of the day, robbing the Knights of the opportunity for a sweep.

team terror The bracket finished off with a clash between the Chillers and the Natives. Terror Mountain is a force to be reckoned with on the Yooyuball field, but Teylor Nix and Volgoth, forwards for Mystery Island, gave them a run for their money. The match resulted in a draw. The resources of the Natives were spent, however, and the rest of the events went to the Chillers.

As Midtime is busy today, most likely increasing their already astoundingly large vocabulary, I'll be taking the Minitheus bracket as well. Onward!

Brooms abound in the Minitheus bracket today; every single match-up ended in a sweep! None of the results were received with much surprise, but we're reporting them anyway. So hold onto your dust bunnies, people!

i love this gif Moltara went up against Kreludor to start things off, and got their backsides handed to them. The Moons nearly double the Magmas' scores in every event. The results of the match between Tyrannia and Haunted Woods were much the same. And in the match between Virtupets and Altador, the Suns' heat was no match for the Robots. Sweeps across the board.

So that's the first two brackets! The really interesting stuff is yet to come, however. I'll turn things over to Matt for the Vaeolus bracket and the matches to watch. Talk to me, Matt!

herp derp [Brooke claps Matt solidly on the shoulder, nearly knocking him from his chair. She quickly helps him right himself and apologizes. She then folds her hands demurely and looks expectantly at Matt.]

Thanks Brooke! I have the results from the Vaeolus Bracket with me right at this moment, so let's get started.

Foltaggio Despite their rough start in the fourth round, the Minions were able to gather themselves and pull off a clean sweep in today's match against the Ninjas. This marks the Minions' fifth sweep of the entire tournament, not as impressive this far into the tournament. Yooyuball, Slushie Slinger, and Shootout Showdown were very close in terms of scores. The Ninjas barely lost all three games, the final score only differing by one point. Shenkuu fought hard against the Minions, and they will need to continue to do so against the Wizards in today's match. Does this sweep mark the beginning of a winning run for the Minions? It'll be difficult for the Minions to capitalize on this momentum as they're up against the Mermaids, who are sure to give them a rough time. While we're on the topic of the Mermaids, they suffered a loss against Roo Island today as the Rooligans were able to pull off a side sweep. However, all was not lost for the Mermaids as they were able to come back and tie in Yooyuball, preventing a full sweep.

Happy Kiko Moving on to our last matchup of the day, Kiko Lake and Brightvale went head to head against each other today. Like usual, the Kikos were able to cleanly sweep the Wizards, dominating in all the gam...

[Brooke leans over and whispers something into Matt's ear.]

Shocked! What! Excuse me? Brightvale did what now?

[Matt shuffles his papers around and quickly gets rearranged.]

Sad Kiko You'll have to excuse me as it seems Brightvale has done the impossible in today's match. The Wizards were definitely able to conjure up some magic on the yooyuball field today as they annihilated the Kikos! Brightvale is the first team to end the Kiko's winning streak which reached up to an impressive seventeen. To no surprise, the Kikos were able to side-sweep the Wizards; however, Brightvale has brightened up the Kikos' tournament records with a splash of red. The Wizards took advantage of the Kikos' weakness in Yooyuball and have proven to the rest of the teams that no one team is invincible. This loss will probably prompt the Kikos to be even more fierce in the upcoming days, but for now, fans and players of Brightvale will be celebrating this fantastic victory.

Moving onto our matches to watch, the underdogs of the Cup Altador and Moltara will be facing against each other for the first time in this year's Cup. Based on previous days' scores, the Magmas have a slight advantage and are predicted to take the overall victory. However, the Suns have been able to push successfully before. Will they be able to do so again in today's match? Brightvale and Shenkuu will also be going head to head today. Both teams are evenly matched on the yooyuball field, however, the Wizards have the advantage in the side games and should be able to pull off at least a side sweep, if not take the whole match. Shenkuu has done well in Slushie Slinger and Shootout Showdown before, can they pull off another upset?

FIGHT TO THE DEATH For our final match to watch of this report, the battle between air and sea will commence in today's matchup between the Mermaids and the Minions. Maraqua is predicted to win Yooyuball and Make Some Noise while the Minions take Slushie Slinger. Based on previous scores, Shootout Showdown could go to either of the two teams. The Minions have to step up their game today or else they risk being defeated by the Mermaids.

SNACKS That wraps up our report! Now, if you'll excuse me, I've been informed that I should save my appetite for tomorrow. I wonder what our staff has in store, maybe if I'm lucky I'll snag a few snacks from our break room. Anyways, that's it for us, this is Matt signing off!

Posted Image

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).