Faerieland Felicity Makes Frisson Among Fans

Midtime

lg_potiondraik.gif

Midtime's back! And if that isn't the most joyous greeting you've ever heard, I don't know what to tell you. Anyway, this is Brooke, reporting for The Daily Neopets, where we have the best comprehensive Altador Cup coverage, the most interesting disasters, and fabulous hair. Now quickly, before anything strange happens, (besides basically everything Midtime does ever), let's get the results out!

Jub-Jubbity The Alabriss bracket started off with a fascinating match between Maraqua and Meridell. Both teams have been performing in consistent fashion all year, and it came as no surprise that the results were fairly well split. The Mermaids cheered the loudest and shot-out the show-downiest by a small margin, but the Knights slammed them on the Yooyuball field and at the slushie bar. Perhaps Maraqua will gain the encouragement they crave from their match with Faerieland tomorrow?

Fans of the Faeries were spotted rejoicing in the streets today following the epic success of their second match against the Zombies. For the first time all year, Faerieland took three of the four events. The Haunted Woods stole away their chance for a sweep by forcing a draw in Shootout Showdown, but the absence of red in the Faeries' results box was still cause for great celebration. The Zombies have come a long way from their championship win in the first Cup, but their determination is unflagging.

Blum-Blummity It looks like Tyrannia is poised to perform a complete sweep on another round. Today in their match against Roo Island, the Fossils were in top form, outstripping the Rooligans at every turn. A little disheartened by a devastating loss so soon after their sweep against Maraqua yesterday, the Rooligans shared a sympathy slushie or seven following the match.

That's it for the Alabracket! Let's turn things over to everyone's favourite eccentric, Midtime!

[The camera focuses on Midtime, who hurriedly hides a pencil which they have been using to doodle a detailed photorealistic picture on their prompt sheet. The picture is of a cephalopod wholly concealed in a cloud of black ink at the bottom of the ocean. It therefore resembles a solid square of thick black scribble lines.]

Boom-Boomity Thank you, Brooke! I apologise for my absence yesterday; I had to attend an unscheduled review session with my supervisor. On an unrelated note, though an important one, I feel that in view of the contents of a recent news report, it is my solemn duty to remind you that the use of dynamite or other industrial explosives is neither safe nor efficient nor recommended in any office conditions: it may easily result in bodily injury, death, or the loss of my - of one's job on grounds of gross irresponsibility, along with a severe reduction in future hiring prospects.

Now, to our regular content. The Minitheus bracket has seen some fascinating pushes from its underdog teams! Let's see what they have managed to do.

Hir-Hirecky Lost Desert fans must have been somewhat surprised to find their team had come out of a match without either sweeping or being swept. The Mummies' match with Brightvale seemed quite one-sided from an outside perspective: the scoreboard favoured them by a factor of two, their fans all but deafened on-site reporters with their fervour, and their slushie mix was truly memorable (in this I speak from experience). But, as it turns out, Brightvale forward Kayn Hireck absolutely excelled in the shootouts, decisively claiming that section of the match for his team. Although the Mummies have proven themselves to be no pushovers, Hireck's performance has set a new record for the Wizards, and shown the world once again that every team has the potential to climb to the top.

The Krawk Island Pirates almost succumbed to the Robots' fierce new strategy, only reorganising in the final third of the game to make a comeback that just barely brought them to victory. Virtupets' exemplary play won them the shootouts, and their fans in turn dominated the stadium; despite having won the match overall, the Pirates would have been side-swept, if not for a draw in the slushie category. This has certainly been a match for both teams to remember.

Poo-Pooglety Last, the Altador Suns put on a truly impressive showing today - or so I earnestly presume! Unfortunately for them, their opponents for the match were Kiko Lake.

These have been the Minitheus bracket results! I'll pass you on to Matt for the Vaeolus.

Scroll-Scrollity [Just before the camera switches to Matt, some one can be seen striding into view with a rolled-up newspaper in hand.]

Thank you, Midtime. Try not to blow anything up while I'm gone, I would like to have a studio to come back to when I return. Moving on, I have the results of the Vaeolus Bracket like usual so let's get right to it!

The Chillers and the Moons had their way with Moltara and Shenkuu respectively in today's matches as the frontrunners of the bracket dominated the underdogs, sweeping both teams with relative ease. Although the Magmas performed excellently in Yooyuball and Make Some Noise, it was not enough as the Chillers were able to shut the Magmas down. With the third round coming to a close very soon, both Kreludor and Terror Mountain will be hoping to lock down their bracket positions to prevent a last minute push from the Minions.

Swoosh-Swooshity While we're on the topic of Darigan Citadel, their rematch against Mystery Island proved to be disasterous. The Minions were hoping for another sweep after the excellent results from the day before, however, the Natives were able to shatter the Minions' hopes with excellent victories in Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown. The Natives' yooyu-slinging skills were right on the mark today as they were able to defeat the Minions in a close match. The Minions were able to redeem themselves with victories in Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise, but the Natives were able to celebrate today as they took the overall victory. Fans of the Natives were rejoicing today, and with a matchup against Moltara tomorrow, the Natives will be hoping to keep up this great momentum.

For our matches to watch! We have many rematches occurring today ranging from Altador and Krawk Island, Tyrannia and Meridell, to Shenkuu and Terror Mountain. Also, the matchup between underdog teams Mystery Island and Moltara will be a close one as both teams will be fighting to gain an advantage in today's match. The Natives are predicted to take the overall victory, but will the Magmas be able to rally together to defeat the Natives? For our last matchup of the day, spectators will be interested in the match between Lost Desert and Kiko Lake. The Mummies have the potential to end the Kikos' winning streak if they focus their efforts towards Yooyuball. Will the Mummies be able to finally put a stop to the Kikos' reign?

That wraps up today's daily report! This is Matt signing off.

beach_bruce_drink.gif

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).