Brooms Bounce Back; Tyrannia Triumphs

Nellethiel

Posted Image

Hello, hello, hello! This is Brooke, once again proudly welcoming you to The Daily Neopets' coverage of the Altador Cup. I'm excited to inform you that we seem to have gotten all our strange lighting wrinkles ironed out, and barring any other unforeseen disasters, today should go off without a hitch!

I'll get right to work with the Alabriss Bracket. The Rooligans and Mermaids kicked things off with a vicious battle. Maraqua did their best, as they always do, but at the end of the day they were subjected to a sweep by Roo Island. The Rooligans have been doing steadily better and better this bracket, working their way up to their fourth sweep of the year.

unrelated handshake  The Zombies and the Faeries divvied up the results of the next match, splitting them right down the middle. Faerieland squeaked past the Haunted Woods on the Yooyuball field, and on the heels of said victory, took their second win of the year in Slushie Slinger. Then a great uproar rose up from the fans of the Haunted Woods, earning them a win in Make Some Noise, spurring them on to their second shootout success of the year.

sassy chomby smirk In the third and final match of the bracket, Tyrannia upped their sweep-streak by one yet again. The only team so far to beat them in any event has been the mighty Kiko Lake, and today, despite their best efforts, the Knights just didn't stand a chance. Meridell was steamrolled by the Fossils, as the Fossils doubled or nearly doubled half their scores! I stopped and spoke with Loryche, centre forward for the Fossils, and when I asked her the secret to her team's success, she simply smiled and said, "Consistency. We do the same warm ups every day, we have little rituals we do together to psych ourselves up. We've found a formula that works, and we'll stick to it until it doesn't anymore!"

Now how's about we take a look at the Minitheus bracket? Get your dustpans ready, people, because the brooms are back with a vengeance!

sad skunk kacheek Starting off the bracket, Kiko Lake went head-to-head with Brightvale. The Kikos have been wowing us since day one, and today was no exception. Their scores in Make Some Noise continue to be of particular note, and the rest of their scores are nothing to sneeze at, either. Despite the struggles the Wizards have faced so far, this was only Brightvale's third time being swept this year.

Next up, Krawk Island and Altador took the field. The Pirates and the Suns worked their behinds off out there, but ultimately it was the swashbuckling bunch from Krawk Island who swept the Suns. This makes three sweeps for the Krawks so far! Altador, on the other hand, has not yet managed a sweep. But that doesn't mean for a second they'll stop trying!

wish this pic was bigger Finally, the Mummies and the Robots clashed on the battlefield for the second day in a row, and for the second day in a row, the Mummies completely shut the Robots down. The Lost Desert has been having a very good year so far, going all or nothing each match. Virtupets has only taken one sweep so far, and have themselves been swept four times in a row as of today's match. However, tomorrow is, as they say, another day.

And on that note, I need to go find Midtime for tomorrow's report! I'll send y'all over to Matt for the Vaeolus bracket. Matt?

SERVE THEM SLUSHIES "This is Matt reporting to you live from the field. With a slushie in one hand and results from the Vaeolus Bracket in the other, let's get started before my slushie melts completely!

GO GO VOLGOTH "First up, the Minions and the Natives clashed on the field today. Although the Minions and the Natives were almost evenly matched, the Minions were still able to sweep the Natives. With close results in all of the games except for Make Some Noise, the Natives must focus on one or two games if they wish to win against the Minions. Mystery Island Team Captain Volgoth expressed his dissatisfaction with his performance today stating, "I should've put in more effort in the last half, but I'm just glad we have another chance to redeem ourselves."

"Moltara reverted back to their original underdog state today as Kreludor was able to easily sweep them. It seems as though the Magmas' victory against the Ninjas was a one time performance, as there were wide score gaps in yesterday's results. One Moltara fan said that "It seemed like the Magmas were burnt out today, the match against Shenkuu must've took a huge toll on them energywise." Will the Magmas ever be able to return to the top tier performance from last year, or will they continue to slowly spiral down the staircase to the lower tiers.

unhappy ninja "In our last matchup of the Vaeolus Bracket, the Ninjas narrowly avoided a sweep as the Chillers fell short in Slushie Slinger. The Chillers were able to dominate Make Some Noise like usual, as well as take Yooyuball and Shootout Showdown. However, the Chillers let their guard down as the Ninjas were able to tie in Slushie Slinger, a side game that they've had moderate success in throughout this Cup. The Ninjas have yet to win a single game in this bracket, and their future looks grim as they go up against the Moons in today's matchup. Will the Ninjas be able to survive in this grueling bracket?

Maraqua versus Meridell "Moving on to our interesting matches of the day, we have mid-tier teams Meridell and Maraqua going head to head today. Although the Mermaids have had a rough start to the Cup, they seem to have bounced back and will make this matchup one to watch! The results of the side games could go to either team making this matchup a suspenseful one for sure. Darigan Citadel and Mystery Island as well as Faerieland and Haunted Woods will have their chance at a rematch today to settle the scores from yesterday's games. Will the victors be able to have a repeat performance? Or will they fall short in today's match?

"That's it for today's report. Now if you'll excuse me, I have a slushie that is in dire need of attention. This is Matt signing off."

Posted Image

Obligatory disclaimer: This news report was written to inform you all of the latest Altador Cup results in as entertaining a manner as possible. The rest of its content is largely fictional, composed from various fan comments and the whims of our imagination in an attempt to inspire a sense of realism through our reporting. While we do our best to keep things reasonably neutral, this report is in no way intended to be a completely bias-free listing of the day's results, nor does it claim to provide critical analysis of past and potential outcomes from qualified Altador Cup experts. Please note that the opinions formulated in this report are from a full team of different reporters, and in no way represent the views of only a single faction. If you're looking for 100% unbiased performance data, take a look at our standings page. If professional analysis tickles your fancy, you want our predictions pages (global/daily).