What is your favorite Power-Up?

singittome

I'd have to change up the pattern here.

My PIcks would be

1st: Speed Boost AND Growth. Why? Easy, Speed boost is the most common and lets you outrun your opponents, but it also allows you to dodge and weave more quickly to avoid tackles. You can also cut the time taken to shoot a yooyu from 3 seconds to 2 seconds by taking a normal 3-second goal route. AND Player Growth, because it SEEMS like it's harder for them to steal the yooyu. Also, with this power-up, even your goalie can make a goal with the Fire Yooyu! (I've done it a couple times in previous years) So if you aim well, you could shoot and hit the goal from much further out.

2ND: Wide Net. HELPFUL, but not always necessary. Sometimes helps with Darigan yooyus. Mostly useful for Faerie and Mutant Yooyus.

3rd The BIG FREEZE. Now, I DO like the power-up, the problem is, if you can't see where the goalie is frozen, or all 4 of the opponent's players. You could fire RIGHT into their mitts, and when that happens, they are released from the ice INSTANTLY and the rest of the time the other opponents are frozen is usually wasted trying to get the yooyu back from the one that got an early "thaw".

I know the speed boost is the most common and therefore the "cheapest" one. But if you play it right, you can really come back from a bad situation with it. the Freezing power-up DOES look the coolest though. ;)

I really like the freeze, obviously. But once I have had the goalie freeze in a way that I could NOT get the ball in the net.

I also like the speed and supersize one. But I don't know why, but whenever I get the goal expanding powerup, the other team scores a goal! 

^ But how would you not see where the goalie is frozen? Whenever I get the freeze power up I run straight up to the goal and shoot right into it, so there's no way I can miss.

It strongly depends on the position of the ball when the opponents are frozen. If you are in the middle or on your side of the field, you can't see to make a cross-field shot. I'll run close enough to see the goalie, and if I can get the shot off from that distance, I'll take it, but if the goalie is in a tough place, say in the middle of guarding his net, I'll have to run closer. I also do this mainly for the Faerie Yooyu without the expanding net, I run at the net at an angle and fire diagonally, and hope it goes around the goalie, frozen or not.

I prefer to save as much time as possible when shooting, so I have potentially more time to score on the following yooyus. ;)

I don't understand why everybody is hatin' on the giant powerup. It seems like I always make the goal when I get that one. I'd list it in my top. But then again, I like them all. I agree with Aquamentis about the freeze one, though - it's great as long as you don't shoot into the goalie's hands.

I'm not that big on the freeze (I know, what), but that's because I score well enough without it, and it doesn't appear often enough to be able to count on it. I like the speed and the supersize, because that allows me to dodge my opponents easily, and I only really need the bigger goal with a faerie yooyu and a darigan yooyu. 

My favorites are the giant power-up and the freeze one. The freeze one for obvious reasons but the giant one I like a lot because once you have the ball they can't steal it so you can take your time lining up a shot and you can shoot from afar because its so powerful. Once I got the power-up and I was able to score with my goalie!

I find the freeze power up pretty easy to use! It seems like it's good for around 10 seconds of free play which is more than enough to steal the ball and shoot into the goal. I actually really like the giant powerup, at least it means the opposite team can't steal from you. Pretty much a guaranteed goal which is all that's really important :P

Speed and goal expansion are alright, they're mostly useful when there are special yooyus on the field.

1st: freeze opponents. With ever ball buthe darigan I love it because it's a garnered goal.

2nd: big goal. It's great when playing with darigan faerie and mutant and it allows me to score with them easily

3rd: speed boost gives me a faster shot and helps with stealing.

4th double power. I can make shots easily without this so I don't care for it.

^ But how would you not see where the goalie is frozen? Whenever I get the freeze power up I run straight up to the goal and shoot right into it, so there's no way I can miss.

Because a lot of times the power up is on your own side of the field, obscuring the goal until after you freeze them, get over to the other side and realize the goalie is frozen right in the middle of the net.  Uggh! :sick01:

I really like the freeze, obviously. But once I have had the goalie freeze in a way that I could NOT get the ball in the net.

I also like the speed and supersize one. But I don't know why, but whenever I get the goal expanding powerup, the other team scores a goal! 

Yup!  LOL.  It seems to me that as soon as I expand their goal, their team becomes extremely offensive and keeps stealing the ball, or throwing it over to my side of the field and I spend so much time chasing the ball around that the power up either expires or they score. :sad01_anim:  So I am going with speed or supersize.

The speed one is my favorite, because it is harder for the other team to "steal" the ball.

I do love the expanded goal one...I always make a goal.

The freeze and Supersize ones are good too. I prefer the speed one overall.