Gaming Accompaniment?

Bodhi

What do you guys do or listen to whilst you do your games? I have been catching up with Supernatural, so I like to listen to episodes as I play. I have started to stick with one game per episode. 

So one episode will be all SOSD, one episode will be all SS and so on. 

Sometimes I listen to music, but it's mostly Supernatural. Heehee!

I tend to play the AC games while watching old episodes of Grey's Anatomy for some reason. I started watching the show from the beginning for some reason. I'll have the episode on half my screen and my AC game window on the other half of my screen. Other then that if I can't listen or watch anything I'll just game in between getting things done around the house.

I've been watching a ton of the Women's World Cup on tv, which is pretty fun to do while playing YYB (c'mon, goals are easy to make!). On the days there aren't any sports, I find some movies to watch. Like yesterday, I watched all three of the old Jurassic Park movies. When my eyes don't want to deal with two screens at once, podcasts are definitely the way to go.

Usually, I have dvds/videos going when I'm doing just about anything on the computer. But for YYB, I listen to music. Some anime soundtracks, SOMETIMES. Mostly though, and I've mentioned this in a couple other threads where this topic came up. I listen to some mp3s I made from the only known surviving videotaping of my late father, uncles and Grandpa, waaaaaay back from 1984. When I was just a lil tyke. ;) Being just the songs they performed, I don't get to listen to the stories and jokes. But if I want to do that, I go to one of my youtube channels. Where I uploaded the whole 1984 performance in 25 clips, 1 per song. It was a St. Patrick's Day gathering in a church basement. Ironically, it's the same church where one of my uncles, and my dad's funerals were held. Anyway, so of course such a holiday gathering would call for some good ol' Irish songs. Black Velvet Band, Molly Malone, The Old Orange Flute, and others. Of course there ARE some minor drinking references, but I thought I would. Nothing glorifying it, and a lot fewer references than you might expect. ;) Barely worth mentioning. lol The jokes are clean too, hey it was a church basement, and members of the clergy were present. ;) I was almost 3 at the time and it was a fun performance. ;) In fact you can kind of make me out in a couple of the vids. lol

There is also some Western and American Folk music played as well. I wish I had more of the recordings that were made.... They all disappeared somehow, somewhere, so this is the only one the family knows of that survived.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in checking it out. The playlist on this channel page will play all 25 in order. ;)
https://www.youtube.com/user/BProductions12/playlists

The camera man stunk though, as I recall it was an elderly gent who had probably never seen an old video VHS recorder. ;) Seemed to be nice though, and all he had to do was move it around. Although he did cut off a few heads now and then, and his focus didn't always focus on the person taking the lead in a song. But hey, who needs to watch when it's easier to listen and play YYB? ;)

If anyone checks it out, hope ya enjoy the stories, jokes and an all-around good time. :)

Good luck to everyone with there AC ventures! :D

Before I went back home for the summer I would always binge watch shows on netflix while playing. But now that I'm home I watch daytime TV and its surprisingly entertaining :P

I used to listen to music while I played, but I found it allowed my mind to wander too easily, so I'd end up thinking of things and browsing other websites, only to find 30+ minutes had passed.

A couple years ago I tried listening to audio-books instead and that was perfect for me. I could keep my mind occupied by listening to what was going on in the book being read and I'd fly through my required games.

Decided to change it up tonight for playing YYB. Listening to an album by the group See-Saw.

The CD starts off with this song.

It's catchy. :) Something where I don't know the language, at least not well, where the lyrics mesh with the music to become one total sound, let's me concentrate but without letting my mind wander too much. ;)

I just finished listening to Pride and Prejudice as an audiobook! I never had to read it in school and I really liked it! Probably going to listen to another classic-y literature book next.

Turner Classic Movies has been showing film noir movies on Fridays, so that's what I watched yesterday.  I have a horror movie tumblr, so I've been watching some new releases while playing.  We Are Still Here and Let Us Prey were both really good.  I think I'll probably watch some X-Files today.

• 2 weeks later...