Can someone help me with Ghoul Catchers?

mahlevolence

I have Ghoul Catchers on Facebook, but it never loads past the loading screen. I always get stuck here:

2sagq5e.png

I have Unity Player installed, but for whatever reason, Ghoul Catchers doesn't work for me on Facebook in any browser. I can't get the app on my Kindle Fire because it's not supported by the style of Kindle Fire I have or whatever. I would really like to try the game out, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?

I have no knowledge about facebook, but have you tried logging out and logging back in? possibly uninstalling and reinstalling the player? Ghoul Catchers is unfortunately a tad glitchy. I play on my iPhone and often have to restart my phone to get the app to reset.

I tried that, but it didn't work, unfortunately. I think the game just doesn't work on Facebook.

I am able to play Ghoul Catchers on Facebook. Strange why it is not loading (completely) for you. I know you stated above that it does not work in any browser. I do know that it may not work in Google Chrome, as Google is not allowing certain plug-ins anymore, and Unity is one of them. I know some people had the same issue, when it was first released on FB, and it seemed random, meaning it didn't seem location related, or operating system related. I do not know if this will help, but, do you use an "ad blocker" plug-in for your browser? If so, try disabling it and see if Ghoul Catchers loads. Do you use a VPN plug-in, like Hola, or use a VPN to access the Internet? Again, if so, try not using the VPN and see if it loads properly. Are you using Windows or Mac or Linux? I have Windows 7, 32-bit, and am using Firefox 38.0.1, with Unity 4.6.547901 plug-in. That is all I can think of, for now.

EDIT: All I can think of except for the "generic" "Have you cleared your browser's cache and history?" I don't mean it that way (generic). It has helped me out a few times.

I tried disabling ad-blocker, removing the app, clearing my cookies and cache, and then logging in again, re-installing the app, andit still gets stuck at the loading screen. I'm definitely not using a VPN.

I am running Windows 7, x64 based PC, Firefox 38.0.1, and Unity Player plugin version 5.0.1.11919.

I am able to play Ghoul Catchers on Facebook. Strange why it is not loading (completely) for you. I know you stated above that it does not work in any browser. I do know that it may not work in Google Chrome, as Google is not allowing certain plug-ins anymore, and Unity is one of them. I know some people had the same issue, when it was first released on FB, and it seemed random, meaning it didn't seem location related, or operating system related. I do not know if this will help, but, do you use an "ad blocker" plug-in for your browser? If so, try disabling it and see if Ghoul Catchers loads. Do you use a VPN plug-in, like Hola, or use a VPN to access the Internet? Again, if so, try not using the VPN and see if it loads properly. Are you using Windows or Mac or Linux? I have Windows 7, 32-bit, and am using Firefox 38.0.1, with Unity 4.6.547901 plug-in. That is all I can think of, for now.

EDIT: All I can think of except for the "generic" "Have you cleared your browser's cache and history?" I don't mean it that way (generic). It has helped me out a few times.

I tried disabling ad-blocker, removing the app, clearing my cookies and cache, and then logging in again, re-installing the app, andit still gets stuck at the loading screen. I'm definitely not using a VPN.

I am running Windows 7, x64 based PC, Firefox 38.0.1, and Unity Player plugin version 5.0.1.11919.

Silly question: Have you checked to see if Unity works on your computer at all, meaning have you tried another website that uses Unity and it worked? I know this may sound strange, but Lego.com has games that use Unity. No, I do not work for Lego and I am not trying to advertise their products. It's just that IMO I believe it to be a "safe" website for you to test if Unity works. I went to games, and then creative, and selected "Creator Islands". You should see the "Unity" symbol, the word Unity and a progress indicator of the game (Unity) loading. It can take a bit of time for it to load.

Are you browsing in "Incognito Mode" or have "cookies" disabled or using a "Privacy" function like "Tell websites that I do not want to be tracked" enabled or using the "Ghostery" plug-in? Those options usually "block" cookies from being stored or information from the website to be cached to your computer and may cause problems.

You can goto unity3d.com/webplayer/setup and it will show you what websites have cached (stored) information on your computer for Unity. The cached info allows the Unity game/video to load faster, the next time you go to play it. You could try to "delete all" or delete the cache for FB or Ghoul Catchers, depending on how it is listed.

In Windows "Programs And Features" (Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features), does it show something like Unity Web Player (64-bit) or just Unity Web Player? Firefox is 32-bit only. If Unity shows 64-bit, that could be causing the issue.

The version of Unity I had was the one Ghoul Catchers on FB "downloaded", when it noted I did not have Unity. Since I noticed you had a different version (newer), I went to unity3d.com and downloaded the Unity Web Player from there. It installed 5.0.2, which is newer than the version you have. I had to close Firefox to install it. After installation, I went back to FB and Ghoul Catchers. It did start to load, but I got an "operation failed" error message. Upon refreshing the page, it loaded, I was able to login and play. Out of curiosity, do you remember where you downloaded Unity from?

These are options I would check, myself, if I was having the problem. I'd even go as far as uninstalling Unity, then uninstall Firefox and then reboot. After rebooting, I'd install Firefox and then Unity from the FB Ghoul Catchers page and see if it works. The FB Ghoul Catchers page uses Java to check and install Unity., so maybe install Java after Firefox and then to the FB page. Do you currently have Java installed on your system? If so, is it the 32-bit version of Java?

I know this looks like a "novel", but just trying to give troubleshooting ideas to see if you can get it working.

Unity does work on my computer. I went to Lego.com and tried the Creator Islands game. It loaded fine and let me build some stuff.

I don't have cookies disabled or any privacy functions turned "on" that would cause problems. I don't browse in Incognito mode or anything like that, either.

I couldn't find if Unity Player was 32 bit or 64 bit, but I did uninstall it, Java and Firefox. Then I rebooted my computer.

I reinstalled Firefox, went to Facebook and was prompted to reinstall Java. I did so, then was prompted to download Unity player from the Ghoul Catchers page. I did so. My browser refreshed, game said it was loading, and it's just stuck there. *sigh* I have no idea why this game won't work. So disappointing.

Thank you, though, for your help. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer me tips on what to try and make it work.

EDIT: 

Unity Player doesn't seem to have a 32 bit version. Every time I try to uninstall and reinstall, it's the 64 bit version that gets installed. Am I missing something here?

EDITx2:

For whatever reason, I managed to get past the loading screen this morning, only to end up with this:

2pzhb4j.jpg

I click ok and the screen then goes white and comes up with this:

2lxc77a.jpg

I was so hopeful, but it just doesn't want me to play it.

Silly question: Have you checked to see if Unity works on your computer at all, meaning have you tried another website that uses Unity and it worked? I know this may sound strange, but Lego.com has games that use Unity. No, I do not work for Lego and I am not trying to advertise their products. It's just that IMO I believe it to be a "safe" website for you to test if Unity works. I went to games, and then creative, and selected "Creator Islands". You should see the "Unity" symbol, the word Unity and a progress indicator of the game (Unity) loading. It can take a bit of time for it to load.

Are you browsing in "Incognito Mode" or have "cookies" disabled or using a "Privacy" function like "Tell websites that I do not want to be tracked" enabled or using the "Ghostery" plug-in? Those options usually "block" cookies from being stored or information from the website to be cached to your computer and may cause problems.

You can goto unity3d.com/webplayer/setup and it will show you what websites have cached (stored) information on your computer for Unity. The cached info allows the Unity game/video to load faster, the next time you go to play it. You could try to "delete all" or delete the cache for FB or Ghoul Catchers, depending on how it is listed.

In Windows "Programs And Features" (Start, Control Panel, Programs, Programs And Features), does it show something like Unity Web Player (64-bit) or just Unity Web Player? Firefox is 32-bit only. If Unity shows 64-bit, that could be causing the issue.

The version of Unity I had was the one Ghoul Catchers on FB "downloaded", when it noted I did not have Unity. Since I noticed you had a different version (newer), I went to unity3d.com and downloaded the Unity Web Player from there. It installed 5.0.2, which is newer than the version you have. I had to close Firefox to install it. After installation, I went back to FB and Ghoul Catchers. It did start to load, but I got an "operation failed" error message. Upon refreshing the page, it loaded, I was able to login and play. Out of curiosity, do you remember where you downloaded Unity from?

These are options I would check, myself, if I was having the problem. I'd even go as far as uninstalling Unity, then uninstall Firefox and then reboot. After rebooting, I'd install Firefox and then Unity from the FB Ghoul Catchers page and see if it works. The FB Ghoul Catchers page uses Java to check and install Unity., so maybe install Java after Firefox and then to the FB page. Do you currently have Java installed on your system? If so, is it the 32-bit version of Java?

I know this looks like a "novel", but just trying to give troubleshooting ideas to see if you can get it working.

Unity does work on my computer. I went to Lego.com and tried the Creator Islands game. It loaded fine and let me build some stuff.

I don't have cookies disabled or any privacy functions turned "on" that would cause problems. I don't browse in Incognito mode or anything like that, either.

I couldn't find if Unity Player was 32 bit or 64 bit, but I did uninstall it, Java and Firefox. Then I rebooted my computer.

I reinstalled Firefox, went to Facebook and was prompted to reinstall Java. I did so, then was prompted to download Unity player from the Ghoul Catchers page. I did so. My browser refreshed, game said it was loading, and it's just stuck there. *sigh* I have no idea why this game won't work. So disappointing.

Thank you, though, for your help. I really appreciate you taking the time to offer me tips on what to try and make it work.

EDIT: 

Unity Player doesn't seem to have a 32 bit version. Every time I try to uninstall and reinstall, it's the 64 bit version that gets installed. Am I missing something here?

EDITx2:

For whatever reason, I managed to get past the loading screen this morning, only to end up with this:

2pzhb4j.jpg

I click ok and the screen then goes white and comes up with this:

2lxc77a.jpg

I was so hopeful, but it just doesn't want me to play it.

I'm getting the same error, too, today. It may be a Ghoul Catchers FB issue. So, you are not alone, now. However, I am playing on Lego, Creative Islands. (Couldn't help it. It's fun to me!). It could be because I already have a "unity" page running, but I will keep checking and post.

EDIT: Stopped playing Creator Islands and logged back into FB. Still getting the same error you posted. Also, on the Neopets FB page, a person complained about a "parent login failed" message and someone replied saying they are experiencing the same thing. Went to the Neopets Neoboards. On the "Help" board, there are two posts, one with 33 replies. It seems a lot of people are experiencing the same thing with FB and with the iOS and Android apps. Many mentioned it happened late last night. I suspect a server issue or FB issue. As it is the weekend, TNT may not get to it until Monday. So, I believe you uninstalling Unity and Firefox and then reinstalling them helped.

No shame in playing on the Lego site. It seemed pretty fun yesterday when I went to test out Unity. :)

Anyway, I am hoping that, because so many people are experiencing the same issues, it is something on their end and will get fixed soon so I can play it and see what it's all about.

Thanks a bunch for all your help!

I'm getting the same error, too, today. It may be a Ghoul Catchers FB issue. So, you are not alone, now. However, I am playing on Lego, Creative Islands. (Couldn't help it. It's fun to me!). It could be because I already have a "unity" page running, but I will keep checking and post.

EDIT: Stopped playing Creator Islands and logged back into FB. Still getting the same error you posted. Also, on the Neopets FB page, a person complained about a "parent login failed" message and someone replied saying they are experiencing the same thing. Went to the Neopets Neoboards. On the "Help" board, there are two posts, one with 33 replies. It seems a lot of people are experiencing the same thing with FB and with the iOS and Android apps. Many mentioned it happened late last night. I suspect a server issue or FB issue. As it is the weekend, TNT may not get to it until Monday. So, I believe you uninstalling Unity and Firefox and then reinstalling them helped.

No shame in playing on the Lego site. It seemed pretty fun yesterday when I went to test out Unity. :)

Anyway, I am hoping that, because so many people are experiencing the same issues, it is something on their end and will get fixed soon so I can play it and see what it's all about.

Thanks a bunch for all your help!

Ghoul Catchers is working again, on FB. Give it a try and see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed it works for you!

It's not working for me at all. I'm back to being stuck at the loading screen. I had my boyfriend test it on his computer. It works fine for him. I have no idea what's wrong with my computer that makes it not load at all. :(

EDIT:

I tried logging in on Facebook on my boyfriend's computer and playing it that way, since it seemed to work for him. Wouldn't you believe it STILL doesn't work for me? It has to be something with my account maybe? I'm at a loss now.

EDITx2:

I created a new Facebook account, disconnected my Neopets account from my other FB account and tried playing from the new FB account. It actually worked! I can play! Hooray!

Ghoul Catchers is working again, on FB. Give it a try and see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed it works for you!

It's not working for me at all. I'm back to being stuck at the loading screen. I had my boyfriend test it on his computer. It works fine for him. I have no idea what's wrong with my computer that makes it not load at all. :(

EDIT:

I tried logging in on Facebook on my boyfriend's computer and playing it that way, since it seemed to work for him. Wouldn't you believe it STILL doesn't work for me? It has to be something with my account maybe? I'm at a loss now.

EDITx2:

I created a new Facebook account, disconnected my Neopets account from my other FB account and tried playing from the new FB account. It actually worked! I can play! Hooray!

Glad you can now play! Sorry for sending you on "a wild goose chase" to try and get it working. Strange that having your Neopets account linked to your FB account would cause a problem. Anyhow, have fun playing and remember you can earn up to 50K NP a day! I believe the "new" day begins at 0001 NST (Neo Standard Time or US Pacific Time).

Thanks! And it's no problem. You were super helpful, and I appreciate everything you did to try and help me figure this out. I'm surprised it was something so silly, though. I'm just glad I can play now. I've already made about 24k. This is great! Thank you again!!

Glad you can now play! Sorry for sending you on "a wild goose chase" to try and get it working. Strange that having your Neopets account linked to your FB account would cause a problem. Anyhow, have fun playing and remember you can earn up to 50K NP a day! I believe the "new" day begins at 0001 NST (Neo Standard Time or US Pacific Time).