Help? Will I get banned?

Desertfreak

Hi. I need your help because i'm super worried now. I was at the magma pool and I was trying to copy the picture and I was kinda bored so I exploring and I saw inspect element. I explored it and read some of it because I play a game that uses scripting and I tested myself. I then realized. "Oh nuts, this might be cheating." in the fact that the element has the time if i'm not mistaken and I feel terrible. So please help. I don't know if I will get banned or not but I really want to make sure my account is safe. Thanks :D - Desertfreak

You certainly might but there's no way for us to tell. Using a script to find you magma time is most obviously against the rules but that was a risk you chose to take :P

I don't think I found the time. Can neopets ban me for being careless and just messing around like I did.

Also would I get a warning saying, "don't do this again?"

YIKES! I don't think looking would do anything. But using a script or something that actively WOULD do something in-game, yeah, you could get in trouble for that. There is an old saying "Curiosity killed the cat". I hate to sound negative, but just make sure you never do it again, and definitely hope, or pray if you're so inclined, that TNT doesn't drop the hammer. I mean, it WAS pretty innocent, you were just curious. So if you get a warning, temp suspension, You should be grateful. lol If it's a freezing, well you COULD appeal one of those. OR they may simply not do anything. You never know with TNT.

I wish I had something more positive to say about it, but I think the best is that "you never know with TNT". ;)

YIKES! I don't think looking would do anything. But using a script or something that actively WOULD do something in-game, yeah, you could get in trouble for that. There is an old saying "Curiosity killed the cat". I hate to sound negative, but just make sure you never do it again, and definitely hope, or pray if you're so inclined, that TNT doesn't drop the hammer. I mean, it WAS pretty innocent, you were just curious. So if you get a warning, temp suspension, You should be grateful. lol If it's a freezing, well you COULD appeal one of those. OR they may simply not do anything. You never know with TNT.

I wish I had something more positive to say about it, but I think the best is that "you never know with TNT". ;)

Well this gave me a little bit of hope as all I did was click and read :P It did nothing in the game. Hopefully it will be fine. Anyone who's got a ban how long did it take? It's been a few hours now and no warning or anything. Do you think I got saved?

I'm pretty sure Desertfreak didn't use a script. She right clicked and pressed "View source" or "Inspect element". If TNT doesn't want people to do that, then they should disable right clicking on the site... Besides, the avatar counter on TDN works from viewing the page source, too.

Neopets in the past used "looking for things in the source code" as a puzzle device during plots. I guess they haven't done that in a while, but they seem fine with people looking at the source code to solve, say, the Lunar Temple, since that solution is listed on multiple official fansites. [EDIT: They also said explicitly they don't mind in this editorial: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&issue=254 ]

Anyway, it's just my opinion but I seriously doubt anything bad will come of this. :)

Don't see how they could possibly ban someone for doing something that every person can do easily.

Also, the most important thing really...they're not going to know that you looked at it, so don't worry about it :)