Haunted Woods Support Thread 2015!

hauntedwoods_group.gif

HAUNTED WOODS!!!

Welcome too the 2015/AC X Haunted Woods support thread! Here you can talk about how our team is doing or various things about the AC. You can also post your daily goals or your rank progress. Here we ghouls, ghosts, spooks, zombies and monsters can show our support for our favorite spooky team! There are only a few rules to follow when posting here though!

1. All TDN Forum rules apply here.

2. Anyone from any team can post here.

3. Have fun!

4. Don't eat the other teams or fans brains.

GO HAUNTIES!

• 3 weeks later...

Come on Haunted Woods.  There are no posts here.  Every other team is revved up and ready to go.  I am a beginner here and don't know much about AC.  I just won us two game of YB though.  It's a start.  Go HW!!!! 

Come on Haunted Woods.  There are no posts here.  Every other team is revved up and ready to go.  I am a beginner here and don't know much about AC.  I just won us two game of YB though.  It's a start.  Go HW!!!! 

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the AC! It can get to be a bit tedious sometimes but it's still fun, especially within the Neopets community itself. Also welcome to the spookiest team on the AC!

I just started playing unfortunately due to having to run errands today and now I have to go to bed so I've only done 10 games on each game :( I'm not going to get much done tomorrow either due to work but I'll still keep playing away as much as I can!

Welcome and I hope you enjoy the AC! It can get to be a bit tedious sometimes but it's still fun, especially within the Neopets community itself. Also welcome to the spookiest team on the AC!

I just started playing unfortunately due to having to run errands today and now I have to go to bed so I've only done 10 games on each game :( I'm not going to get much done tomorrow either due to work but I'll still keep playing away as much as I can!

Ok. So you can only submit 3 games each for NPs.  Can you still play more games for stats?  Like I said, I am new to AC.  I have been around Neopia for 7 yrs, but never dabbled with AC.  During last years cup I was too involved in my Neoquest 2 game to care about it.  But this year I do care.  I live in Haunted Woods so I figured, why not? 

Ok. So you can only submit 3 games each for NPs.  Can you still play more games for stats?  Like I said, I am new to AC.  I have been around Neopia for 7 yrs, but never dabbled with AC.  During last years cup I was too involved in my Neoquest 2 game to care about it.  But this year I do care.  I live in Haunted Woods so I figured, why not? 

Yep, you can definitely play more games to help your team and rank! Though there is a daily limit: YYB is 68 games per day, SOSD is 762 games per day, MSN is 762 games per day and SS is 139 games per day. Each game also has a minimum score that you must achieve in order for it to count towards your team and ranking: YYB is 1 goal, SOSD is 1 goal, MSN is 3000 points and SS is 270 points.

Yep, you can definitely play more games to help your team and rank! Though there is a daily limit: YYB is 68 games per day, SOSD is 762 games per day, MSN is 762 games per day and SS is 139 games per day. Each game also has a minimum score that you must achieve in order for it to count towards your team and ranking: YYB is 1 goal, SOSD is 1 goal, MSN is 3000 points and SS is 270 points.

Great, thanks.  I have already gotten my stats up enough to get my rank up from beginner to 1.  I am happy with that.  It takes 34 rank points to get to rank 1.  I can't get the score necessary for SS, but the rest of the games I am doing very well.  I don't know if I should work on SS or continue to concentrate on the other 3 games.  What would you recommend?  I know I can get my rank points if I concentrate on the other games which I am good at.  I am real good at SOSD.  Well, off to play some more games now.

Hello fellow Haunted Woods team mates. This is my first year playing in the cup! My counter is low, but I'm still getting use to playing the games, so it will go up.

Every little bit helps.  Any minute you get to even play 1 game, do it.  At least we aren't in last place.  That is saying something.  I am working hard, trying to get my rank up, I get it up 1 rank per day which I am proud of, but maybe that isn't good enough for the team.  I will try harder.  I have gotten the knack of yyb, so I will work on that.  It seems to be where we are lacking.

Great, thanks.  I have already gotten my stats up enough to get my rank up from beginner to 1.  I am happy with that.  It takes 34 rank points to get to rank 1.  I can't get the score necessary for SS, but the rest of the games I am doing very well.  I don't know if I should work on SS or continue to concentrate on the other 3 games.  What would you recommend?  I know I can get my rank points if I concentrate on the other games which I am good at.  I am real good at SOSD.  Well, off to play some more games now.

Well I personally play Slushie Slinger along with the other three games but it is totally possible to reach All Star with just Yooyu Ball, Make Some Noise and Shoot Out Showdown. So it's really up to you.

Come on Haunted Woods....everybody get your game faces on!!! It doesn't matter if you're a beginner all you have to do is play, play, play!!

Welcome! Yes, everybody lets show the other teams what we got!

zwyu4x.png

These are my stats after three days of playing. 

This is perhaps not the good season for Haunties, but is not yet the time to surrender.

I hope some other players will join the cause, we're still in time to do our best (as Haunted Woods)

Cya, 

Tablyth

Welcome! Great job, those stats are better than mine right now after a week of playing!

Hello fellow Haunted Woods-ers!

This is my first year doing the cup, i'm terrible at YYB (can never get the hang of those kind of games) and i'm ridiculously busy most of this month but hopefully I can help out a little! Go Haunted Woods! *zombie dance*

Welcome! like rntracy1 said, every little bit helps!

Hello fellow Haunted Woods team mates. This is my first year playing in the cup! My counter is low, but I'm still getting use to playing the games, so it will go up.

Welcome and welcome to he AC! I hope you and the rest of the first years have a good first AC!

As for me, I managed to hit rank 4 so far even with being busy at work but I have the next two or three days mostly off so I'll try and get as much play time in as I can!

Let's go Haunties!

"If" and I mean "if" we turn this around and win the cup, what do we get in regards of rewards?

When the AC is over you will receive a trophy based on your rank and where your team place in the tourney. So if our team came in second and you reached All-Star, you would get a silver All-Star Trophy. There are also Avatars and a Prize Shop. The points that you spend in the Prize Shop are determined directly by how many games and what games you play during the AC, it doesn't matter who wins as the prizes in the Prize Shop are available to everyone... providing you have the points of course. Prizes in the Prize Shop can include Paint Brushes, Yooyu's, Wearables, Books, Stamps, etc. the TDN AC Rank Calculator found here http://www.thedailyneopets.com/altador-cup/rank-calculator/ will give a good estimate of how many prize points you have earned so far.

Pokeneodragon, thanks for the rank calculator.  That was extremely helpful.  I was wondering what you all think about this strategy, if it might actually work.  I don't know how many of us are actually on team haunted woods, but I was thinking about strategies to win a few rounds of a few games.  IDK if it will actually work, tell me what you all think.  Instead of everyone spreading themselves thin playing each game, what if everyone teams up and maxes out ONE game.  For example, and this is JUST an example, say Pokeneodragon and I play YYB, Singittome and blowupthesun played SS, and Tablyth and Koakuma_Heaven played SOSD.  We each max out those games.  Then if we still have any oomph left, we can play other games.  Because I know by our counters, none of us is maxing out the games, so maybe if at least two of us do in each category (without worrying about another game we could do it AND increase our rank too) we may have a shot at winning in at least one category if not more.

What do you all think?  It is my first cup so I am not sure it could work, but it can't be any worse.  We don't have to do the games I said above, it was just an example.

Guys, we won two yesterday!!! yeah!  We are still in this.  We can't win the cup but we don't have to come in last.  Don't give up now.

Edited by rntracy1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys, back from vacation! Glad to see we won a few things while I was gone! Keep it up!!

If I play like crazy from now til it's over I might still get that all-star rank!! Never done that before :)

Tyrannia today....ugh

Exactly!!  I think some of us have given up.  It isn't over.  No, we can't win the cup.  I am not being pessimistic, it is just a fact.  But we don't have to come in last.  I was very disappointed that we lost everything yesterday because we were in 5th for once over virtupets.  I played so hard last night.  But that's ok, we can still do it guys, don't give up.  We don't have to come in last.  Second to last is still better than last.  lol.  

I'm kinda bummed that we won't win the cup. I thought we were doing good in the beginning, but this just wasn't our year. I still think TNT should do something about Kiko Lake thought. That's just not fair for any of the teams. But I'm still playing cause I want to get to All-star on my first year.

Check it out guys, we won every category yesterday.  I played quite a bit yesterday, so I am happy.  I couldn't play much on Monday because I had a bad migraine.  I made up for it Tuesday and went from Rank 10 to 12.  I can't believe we are still behind Moltara after beating them.  We need to win more and have them lose more.  Come on guys, that should boost our moral.   :rock:

It's a shame because I really thought with those "wins" we would actually move up... but sadly we didn't. :(

I did too!  :sad01_anim: But guess what?  We are against Moltara again and they are going to be out for vengeance.  We can't give it to them guys.  Fight harder than you ever have before.  If we can sweep twice we will move up.  It isn't over yet guys, we still don't have to be in last place.  And guess what?  I am going with Haunted Woods again next year too.   I live in HW and will support my neighbors/hood no matter what.  We rock, so let's rock it out again tonight. :rock:   Pick up your battle gear and charge haunties, we are back in the game. :medieval:

Last day guys! I know we're pretty much dead now, but hopefully all my fellow haunted woods-ers can still get some good points at the end!!

And hey...zombies rise from the dead don't they? Definitely will be haunted woods again next year, too. This is my team!

Good luck on your last day! I hope you all do great :)