Book Question

standalonefrank

Is someone able to explain to me why, whenever I'm getting my pets to read a message saying:

_ezekeil_ says 'Get me more books, come on, hurry up!'

But the book doesn't actually disappear?

It's kind of bothering me.

You should be happy :) If you go and check the list of books your pet has read and the book appears both as read and in your inventory, then you're very lucky :) Sometimes it's bound to happen, but is extremely rare. A boon from the Obelisk War increases the chances for that. I don't know if there are other ways to increase the chance, maybe beads from the Lutari Talisman?

Actually, the book boon increases your pet's intelligence by 2 instead of 1 per book read :)

The reason this happens is because a few years ago, Neopets introduced Loyal User Perks. If I remember correctly, any account over 24 months old will have a chance (albeit a pretty small chance) of books not disappearing.

I really only read books to Bookworm1811 (baby buzz is worm-like). I've found that the more I read to her and her intelligence increases, the more often the book doesn't disappear. Not really a confirmed fact, but something I've noticed. It confused me the first few times it happened too.

I'm focusing on raising _ezekiel_'s intelligence. She was the first pet I create for this account.

The whole not disappearing thing happened three or four times yesterday as I was getting her to read. It also happened with another one of my pets.

Thanks for all your help. :)

I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. That is why I asked. :)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto).

The original topic has been answered.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.