Favourite Youtube Channels

deboratibi

I like watching youtube videos as much as anyone, but sometimes I feel like I'm not subscribed to enough channels. I was hoping we could share our favourites so others can discover interesting channels! Feel free to share channels even if they're really popular and you assume everyone knows them.

Here's my list:

TheFineBros / REACT Channel - I watch them for their "react" series. I particularly love seeing kids reacting to old stuff and elders reacting to modern stuff, lol.

CinemaSins - Every video is a list of everything wrong with a particular movie.

ScreenJunkies - I watch them for their hilarious "honest trailers".

ThreadBanger - They try out pinterest DIY projects so we don't have to. Pretty awesome!

Smooth McGroove - This guy sings acapella versions of video game theme songs. Even if you're not a gamer you can appreciate his talent!

Ten Second Songs - This guy awesomely sings one song in 20 different styles in each video.

Some other channels that I watch are usually about makeup, ASMR and the goth subculture, but I figured these topics might be a bit too specific for the general crowd. But if anyone is interested I can list those as well later. I also left out channels that are in portuguese and channels that might be inappropriate for young viewers.

PS: I think none of the channels listed contain swearing and if they do they are probably bleeped out. I'm not sure though. I'll check out later and edit if necessary.

I love CinemaSins, Honest Trailers and Smooth McGroove too. :D

Hmm, let's see here...

I watch a few super popular ones like Pewdiepie, Jenna Marbles and NigaHiga. (All of which are inappropriate for young viewers under the tweens or teens depending on how their parents feel about swearing or more adult humor jokes.)

But for a few less popular ones I like Good Mythical Morning. They're not funny right off the bat and they do weird things, in fact I hated them the first time I watched them, but once you get used to the style and watch their "Will it __" videos as well as the challenges, it's pretty entertaining. There is one episode called "Will it pizza?" and the last one was really disgusting, but it was so funny because one of the guys eating it screamed "I AM SO ANGRY AT THIS PIZZA" out of nowhere. I dunno, it's up my humor alley, might not be for everyone. (No swearing or adult content of any kind, though some episodes might be kind of gross)

On of the more specific and probably less general things I watch Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal Time, which is a tribute channel to Epic Meal Time that developed into it's own thing. Many people know of when he screamed at the butter to melt it. They basically make Swedish foods viking style that's over the top. Most people seem to like it, even if they're not Swedish. Watching people chop pork with real axes and scream at food to melt is pretty funny to me. (The swearing if any is in Swedish or bleeped out, I would say it's fine for young viewers in their tweens and teens.)

Other then that, I tend to watch Gaming channels like Robbaz, Game Theory and Zero Punctuation. (Game theory is fine for younger viewers, but both Zero Punctuation and Robbaz often have swearing or adult humor.)
And Eat Your Kimchi which is a Canadian couple who live in Korea and talk about Korea. I'm not even all that interested in South Korea, but they're so entertaining to me. Plus I used to like their Kpop music mondays before they stopped. (Any swearing when it happens is bleeped out. Fine for tweens and above, most content is PG.)

Those might be kinda specific suggestions, but they maybe worth a shot too.

I'll definitely be checking out Ten Second songs. Sounds like fun. :D
Edit: Checked it out, instant sub. That guy is talented. Such vocal style range, dang!

I'm not a big youtube person, but for anyone interested in makeup I like to watch kandee johnson. she does halloween makeup, day makeup, look alike makeup, and also random things like how to do your eyebrows etc.... Shes so sweet:)

I like watching Tyler Oakley. He basically just talks about his life and he's pretty funny. And it's amazing how popular he is actually. :O I also like the rhodes bros, theyre funny and entertaining too.

I really like the educational side of Youtube, especially Smarter Every Day, Veritasium, Vihart, Scishow, and MinuteEarth/MinutePhysics! I also really like Numberphile, CGP Grey, and Vsauce.

I'm also suscribed to a fair amount of beauty related channels, like Bubzbeauty, jungsaengmool, Goss.

Bubz also has her vlog channel that I watch religiously and I also watch ILikeWeylie's vlogs too! They're both really cute and relatable people.

@Sinvanor I watched Good Mythical Morning for the first time a few days ago... It was a video about things some people can or cannot do (such as rolling your tongue). I thought they were weird but it was interesting. I'll have to watch more of their videos to see if I'll get into them. I'll check out your other suggestions as well, except Pewdiepie and Jenna Marbles, since I'm familiar with them (and not a fan, lol).

@Kute I think I've heard of her, but I'm not sure if I've actually watched any of her videos. I follow a handful of makeup channels, but I don't think I have an actual favourite. Weird. haha

@extrasuperfantastic I used to love grav3yardgirl a few years ago. I liked how weird and spooky she was and I also liked her style and paranormal vlogs. Then she just turned into a whole different person, I don't get it. I'm also bothered with how she's sponsored by a makeup brand but refuses to learn how to do makeup. Anyway... enough ranting. Just had to say it.

@tylerta98 I've seen him on TheFineBros channel. He seems really cool, but when I go to his channel I get kind of lost, lol. I don't know where to start.

@eliang100 I'll have to look into those educational ones! They must be really interesting.

PS: Now I have quite a list of channels to check out... Thanks guys! Keep 'em coming!

HANNAH HART. I have a lot of feelings about Hannah Hart. Also- most of the channels I love involve swearing, so if that's a consideration... basically the Green brothers are great if you like educational stuff or humanitarian stuff or weird stuff or funny stuff. They kind of have evrything.

Hannah is hilarious and smart and adorable. Her thing is she gets drunk and cooks things and also gives great life adviced and makes puns about food.

Grace Helbig has a very dry sense of humour.

Mamrie Hart is mostly quite drunk and leans more towards the potty humour end of the spectrum.

Tyler Oakley is a sweetie pie but he doesn't have a lot of original content which I know puts off some new people looking for youtubers.

Troye Sivan is a singer who also makes great videos.

Zoella is cool if you like makeup tutorials and things.

Superfruit are hilarious. They're two members of an acapella band and they do challenges and talk about things and they're great.

Dan and Phil are also amazing (although I watch mainly for Dan tbh). They do gaming together and Dan also makes really funny, original videos.

Superwoman does great skits. She's amazing and funny and I love her.

Miranda Sings simply defies all explanation. Check her out, I dare you.

The list is endless. I don't want to clog up the thread with my ranting about youtubers, but if you need recommendations for anything in particular let me know.

I like watching Tyler Oakley. He basically just talks about his life and he's pretty funny. And it's amazing how popular he is actually. :O I also like the rhodes bros, theyre funny and

entertaining too.

Tyler is queen.

I really like the educational side of Youtube, especially Smarter Every Day, Veritasium, Vihart, Scishow, and MinuteEarth/MinutePhysics! I also really like Numberphile, CGP Grey, and Vsauce.

I'm also suscribed to a fair amount of beauty related channels, like Bubzbeauty, jungsaengmool, Goss.

Bubz also has her vlog channel that I watch religiously and I also watch ILikeWeylie's vlogs too! They're both really cute and relatable people.

Yes! I love Vihart. Super awesome.

I follow this lovely Canadian couple that live in South Korea. Since I am interested in K-Pop, and Korean food, shows, etc, it's really good and they make me laugh. EatYourKimchi!

https://www.youtube.com/user/simonandmartina

I also like this band, they sing in English, Hebrew and Yiddish, 8th Day:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChlmjgJ_u_NJDYk9FKUiIPw

I don't watch much else, just videos, etc. My son has "taken over" my YouTube channel and subscribes to everything that is Minecraft related :laughingsmiley:

I'm now subscribed to Good Mythical Morning, SciShow and Minute Earth/Minute Physics! :)

And I've remembered to mention a few others:

League of Super Critics - This channel is a bit all over the place. I pretty much just watch Nostalgia Critic. He reviews movies and cartoons from the 80s/90s (Contains swearing).

Epic Rap Battles of History - Quite a classic. If you're unfamiliar, you have to see for yourself! (Contains inappropriate language/themes).

PostmodernJukeBox - Another popular one. They do old-timey versions of modern songs. (Safe)

As for makeup/beauty channels, I don't have a favourite tutorial-wise, but my go-to for swatches and reviews is Allura Beauty. IMO, she's very thorough and honest.

Bonus: If you're interested in dermatology and/or you have a weird compulsion for watching dermatological procedures (like yours truly), DrSandraLee's channel is perfect for you. She's like the Beyoncé of dermatology. I won't put a direct link because of her graphic content. Search at your own risk.

• 1 month later...

I really feel like I have to share this channel I just found.  It's called Enter the Dojo.  It's this series of web shorts about a karate dojo, in a mockumentary style.  I don't think I laughed so much in my life!  Anyone who's ever taken karate as a kid or adult can totally relate!  

youtube consumed me at some point. I mainly watch movie/tv show reviewers like

MesteriousMr.Enter

Nostalgia critic

Pan Pizza

I Hate Everything

YourMovieSucks 

Mr.Enter and Pan Pizza mainly reviewer cartoons while the others review many things I like watching them because it gives me help with writing/recording my own.

I like watching animated web series too

yeah stuff like "bee and puppy cat", bravest warriors","gothball",and "fin punch"

there is also some really great independent stuff not made by big companies but just normal people that own a computer like you or me.

some good independent animated series are

"All for one" (by Kanine Therapy)

"painted flowers" (by prism magic)

"winged Heros" (by nigelpuppy)

AnimationdominationHighDefenition(ADHD) also has a lot of funny animated parodies

I also watch the regulars like Pewdiepie,Markiplier,and Jhon Tron

Mostly Jhon Tron because he is so creative and reviews videogames/movies with his pet parakeet c:

I like Markiplier (Cursing and inappropriate games), Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (Gore and Horror-ish content), Game Theory (inappropriate jokes sometimes, as well as videos talking about older topics), and TomSka (Cursing and inappropriate humour) for some older ones (teen to adult)

As for channels younger viewers could watch that I like I'd say CaptainSparklez and SethBling (gamers, their friends can be offensive though, ask your parents) as well as DigBuildLive and Slamacow. Also SuperJomBombo2

For educational channels I like CrashCourse (I'd recommend CrashCourse Kids to younger viewers), SciShow (Again SciShow kids) as well as Khan Academy (all ages) and Vsauce (suitable for kids, but can mention inappropriate concepts from time to time)

I watch:

- Shane Dawson

- VICE - has a lot of documentaries about literally everything

- Outlaw4 - crime docu's

- CrimeRevealed - crime docu's as well

- ChocolateColors26 - all about hamsters!

- HoppingHammy - hamsters as well c: I'm a hamster owner, so xD

- ERB (epic rap battles of history), funny to watch/listen when bored

- YearsandyearsVEVO because I'm a fan of Y&Y

I like Markiplier (Cursing and inappropriate games), Don't Hug Me I'm Scared (Gore and Horror-ish content), Game Theory (inappropriate jokes sometimes, as well as videos talking about older topics), and TomSka (Cursing and inappropriate humour) for some older ones (teen to adult)

Don't Hug Me I'm Scared is absolutely hilarious. It appeals to my warped sense of humour on so many levels :P

I watch:

- Shane Dawson

- VICE - has a lot of documentaries about literally everything

- Outlaw4 - crime docu's

- CrimeRevealed - crime docu's as well

- ChocolateColors26 - all about hamsters!

- HoppingHammy - hamsters as well c: I'm a hamster owner, so xD

- ERB (epic rap battles of history), funny to watch/listen when bored

- YearsandyearsVEVO because I'm a fan of Y&Y

Yess, Shane Dawson is adorable and fantastic. I assume you saw his coming out video? Really insightful, and he covered some things I know aren't talked about much and a lot of people can relate to.

If y'all are into gaming channels, Geek and Sundry is pretty much the most comprehensive nerd-ville space on youtube. It's run by Felicia Day, who does mostly gaming stuff, but it also has a tonne of content on cosplay, comics, and some tv/ movies. Definitely worth a look.

And I couldn't help but notice that no one really mentioned webseries'. I'm super into literary adaptions and some of my favourites are:

Lizzie Bennet Diaries (Pride and Prejudice, produced by vlogbrothers)

Nothing Much To Do (Much Ado About Nothing, done by some New Zealand students)

And apologies for the self-promotion, but I wrote one called Call Me Katie which has been recently getting quite a bit of attention form the webseries community (adaption of Taming of the Shrew).

Anyway, there are a whole bunch out there of really varying quality. They're pretty nice because the episodes are generally very short.

• 5 weeks later...

I wanted to share a channel I just found out about: Jackson Galaxy

This guy is a cat expert, and apparently he hosts the show called "My Cat From Hell" on Animal Planet (I've heard about it but never watched it).

If you're a cat lover, you might want to check it out! He covers pretty much everything there is to know about cats.