omg tabouleaf = taboule + lettuce leaf :D

Angeló

TNT just announced a new Desert Food today ... tabouleaf !

foo_tabouleaf.gif

Taboule is considered a native food of my home country , Lebanon .. it's a salad made with tomatoes, finely chopped parsley , bulgur and onions, and seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice, and salt. It's usually garnished with huge lettuce leaves than can be used in scooping up and eating the Tabouleh .. some people add pomegranate seeds as well.

While the Lost Desert is supposed to represent Egypt in real life .. Tabouleh is not an Egyptian food .. and Lebanon , while a Levantine country .. has no desert at all ... just mountains and beaches ... so maybe they should've made it an Altadorian (i.e Greek) food like they did with the hummus (also native to Lebanon) ... but it's ok .. it's still cool :D

tabbouleh.jpeg

I'd have to agree, it does look really yummy o.o

I'm thinking the new staff doesn't really research these kinds of things in terms of origins of the actual food?

i had some last night :D

i was sure lebanese food is popular in brazil , after all , brazil has the largest number of lebanese descendants in the world :)

I really like how there's a lot of RL regional/cultural foods in Neopia :D A lot of the Altadorian fare makes me hungry, lol. I'm interested to see further additions. I especially enjoyed the fact that in the past TNT referenced current food trends, I'd say the artists definitely followed some food blogs, lol. I hope the new people keep that up. :)

Indeed Angeló!

If we consider The Lost Desert as a representation of ancient Egypt, then the tabouleaf has no place in it! But I guess the artists must be incorporating our world's Arabian deserts, which border the African deserts, in The Lost Desert. And since the word tabouleh is of Arabic origin, then the Lost Desert was the perfect place for this delicious meze!

In modern Greece, tabouleh or sometimes called plighourosalata (=bulgur salad), is very popular and one of my personal favourites!!! But we typically add A LOT of bulgur! ;)

haha ure all invited to my place for some taboule :D

@ Stella we should be best friends i totally love Greek food and how similar our cuisines are :)

p.s we made the guinness record for the biggest taboule a few years ago

That is a LOT of parsley! (And chef hats. :P)

250 chefs from the culinary school and 8000 bunches of parsley

Did you eat it all though!?

it was made in an expo so they distributed a lot of it and i think the rest was donated

Stella we should be best friends i totally love Greek food and how similar our cuisines are :)

Yes we should, since I love Greek food too (: !!! Haha! Yeah our cuisines share many things, but we share some history and the same sea too!

it was made in an expo so they distributed a lot of it and i think the rest was donated

Oh great! I hate seeing food go to waste, and I fear that a lot gets trashed when it's used for these record-breaking attempts.

Guest JussttBre

Oh my oh my! That just looked so yummy to me for some reason. Not going to lie, I've never heard of that food before. I guess we learn more everyday :)