Life after Premium?

Ashbash

Hi everyone! I haven't been around for quite some time but recently got a new job and should be around more now! Yay! Today, I cancelled my Premium Membership on Neopets simply because I'm trying to cut corners money wise. Has anyone else gone from premium to no longer premium? What's the biggest struggle? I'm worried I am going to be completely lost without the Super Shop Wizard! I also think I'm going to have to go buy a scratch card every Friday because I'm used to having one. My membership officially stops the first week of August. :(

Hi :) I too have quit premium. I quit because the stock market was broken amongst other things and I told them I wouldnt be paying for things that dont work.

Since the transition my biggest issue has been the shop wiz. It takes so much longer to shop stock. The shop wiz is horrible imho- simply for the fact that it shows random prices around neopia rather than the lowest.... sometimes it takes 5min to show anything and i have to keep refreshing. Other than that its been nice. I dont mind the ads. Im usually on just for dailies/ food club so i can manage.

I'm on a short break from premium, because I was spending all my time on the site restocking with the SSW and figured I could focus more on games and other stuff for a while.
It's definitely odd not having the SSW, I don't even want to bother with the shop wizard, so I'll probably pause stocking my shop as much until I go premium again - it just takes way too long.

I also stuck to the premium battledome challengers and could get more nerkmids that way.

So far I haven't really minded, it's just forcing me to check out other stuff I might not normally do around the site

I was without premium for some time, back when it had the portal feature. That was what I missed the most to be honest. It was so handy to have everything showing in one page.

If I was going without premium now, I don't think I would notice the transition at all simply because I don't spend as much time on the site now.

If ads are one of the issues you have, you can always get the Adblock add-on. I've had it for a while and it works wonders for those annoying video ads that take forever to load or are loud enough to deafen you over the game music.

I've been wondering the very same thing. I cancelled my Premium a few weeks ago, simply because I gave up on hoping the site would be as fun again. I guess Cybunny Day was the last drop for me.

Anyway, I still have a few months of Premium, so I'm still covered, but I wonder how it will be once it's over. I'll probably miss the SSW the most, and the Charter Boards... But I haven't been using them anyway, so... Meh.

If I were to cancel premium, I think the biggest shock would be just not having it. I've had it for so long, that not having it would be awfully shocking.

The biggest thing I would miss is 5th pet. I have 4 permie pets, and 1 zapping pet. So I would have to figure out what to do about that.

SSW was the biggest shock for me. Pricing my shop was so tedious after that, and buying things like gourmets and armoured neggs. But I don't feel like I should really be giving Neo any of my money anymore :P That, and I don't really get on as much.

The free scratchcards were pretty cool, too. And the monthly premium item! I won't miss any of them, though.

I've never had premium, but always wanted to. Do you guys think it is worth getting? I'm asking because obviously you all have had it before.

Like you, I quit Premium because I didn't want to pay for something that didn't work. I told them I would get it again when things started working again. But boy I miss the SSW. Like others said, it takes forever to price my shop. I'm so tired of refreshing...

I had premium for a year in 2013, I think. It wasn't really worth it for me. I'd been off neo for ages, came back and it happened to be pay day when I saw that premium was on a deal. But I was on and off neo during that year. I'd started playing again for the last few months of having premium but decided not to renew as I couldn't justify the full price of it.

Anyway, I did miss the SSW for a while, but I'd had years of playing neo without the SSW and having to use the SW, so after a few months I got used to just having the SW.

I missed having the premium collectibles although out of the 12 I got, there's only 3 that I like.

I missed the scratchcards but I started buying the desert scratchcards because they work similar to the space faerie ones. (I hate that the winter ones reload the page after every scratch. My internet is really slow. )

5th pet didn't bother me as I just put one over onto a side account.

But the thing I missed the most was the toolbar. Especially the dailies! I do use TDN's daily page but it's just not the same. Oh and being able to keep an eye on my stocks and my shop till as I'm useless at remembering to check my stocks.

I have premium again but probably only for this month. My nps are dwindling now thanks to habbi no longer being around :sad02: and I've had some customisations with most items coming up on the SW for around 80-90k. 1 month of premium is a fiver so I figured it was worth it to get the best deal. It's saved me about 300k (best one was somebody had priced a 90k item for 9k :D ). So worth it as I got the camo paintbrush that I needed for my cybunny for 150k.

I am sort of tempted with keeping it though. But I won't pay for a year up front because it's highly likely that I'll end up having at least a few months' break from neo because of life. It's only a fiver a month and I'll do the same as netflix, unsubscribe when I know I'm not going to be using it for at least a few weeks.