Welcome to Night Vale

leverhelven

So I found out about the podcast Welcome to Night Vale just a few days ago. I started listening without expecting much - I'm pretty skeptic about podcasts in general - but now I find myself strangely addicted...

I'm listening to episode after episode, and Cecil's voice kind of hypnotizes me... All along with the background music. It's just so eerie.

I wonder if there are WTNV fans/casual listeners out there? I still can't grasp the story or why I'm so drawn to it, so I'd love to hear more.

I like it, it's kind of the story you'll enjoy if you're a fan of bizarre comedy, where a quirky town trope is taken to it's extreme. It's for those that enjoy shows such as Gravity Falls. Cecil's voice is really nice, though I can never listen to it for long because I fell asleep fast. I don't know how people can say awake while listening to him.

avid listener here! i've been listening since episode twenty or so. i find it really calming to listen to, and i actually look forward to the bimonthly updates. i also really appreciate the fact that Cecil is a flawed and realistic narrator, i find it refreshing.

@leverhelven how far are you at? who's your favourite character so far?

• 2 weeks later...

So I found out about the podcast Welcome to Night Vale just a few days ago. I started listening without expecting much - I'm pretty skeptic about podcasts in general - but now I find myself strangely addicted...

I'm listening to episode after episode, and Cecil's voice kind of hypnotizes me... All along with the background music. It's just so eerie.

I wonder if there are WTNV fans/casual listeners out there? I still can't grasp the story or why I'm so drawn to it, so I'd love to hear more.

I'm such a huge fan of WTNV. I've bee listening to it for a couple of years now and I'm super obsessed. I know I like weird things, and I love the simple, narrative form of it. The same reason I love books. Everything is left up to the imagination and some things one can't even try to visualise internally. NV is great because just when you start to think 'oh yeah, I know that term. I know what that should look like'. It isn't. You think you know what librarian looks like? You don't. You think you know what a common garden moggy looks like? You really don't. It's just something different and cool.

Also I really love cool, creative world building. It just gets better and better and I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

I like it, it's kind of the story you'll enjoy if you're a fan of bizarre comedy, where a quirky town trope is taken to it's extreme. It's for those that enjoy shows such as Gravity Falls. Cecil's voice is really nice, though I can never listen to it for long because I fell asleep fast. I don't know how people can say awake while listening to him.

I listen to it at night when I can't sleep. Sends me right off :D

Ahhh, I've known about WTNV for a while, but only started listening to it last month. I thought that the reality/unreality and horror in it would trigger me, but it puts me into such a zone that I barely even notice the content.

I started from the first episode and have been going through it only when I need to get into a trance-like state, like when I need some intense focus. It does the opposite of what seems to be the norm here: I don't get sleepy at all, hmmm.

One of my favourite parts? Cecil + Carlos <3 I'm a bit of a fangirl.

• 2 months later...

This is the first podcast I ever tried and I am full blown addicted. Its strange but.. its very good and very creative and unique.

Here is a list of nice podcasts that includes Night Vale: http://www.buzzfeed.com/schickhydrocanada/the-most-addicting-storytelling-podcasts-of-201-u00c?b=1#.lhRj7MYa1

And a few others. I love them all~

I listen, I've been listening for about a week now and I'm hooked. It's so good, but I don't see it as comedy, it's merely a story of a town.