"You've done it! The king is in hysterics!" *twitch twitch*

Queen Mickey

Grumpy Old King

King Skarl listens as you tell your joke...

Q: What do you do if fierce Peophins has eaten too much of tin of olives?
A: At making her a bottle of The Big Book of Angelpuss Barbat Pterii!

You've done it! King Skarl is in hysterics!
grumpy_king_laugh.gif
King Skarl Says:
*hehehehehe* That was a really great joke! I give it a 751 out of 1000.
You're brilliant! You must take this gift from me.

King Skarl hands you:
food_kinggoldstalk.gif
Golden Stalk

He also gives you 591 Neopoints!
WHERE'S MY AVATAR!?!?
*DIES*

Oh no! :(

This might sound stupid, but are you absolutely sure you didn't have it already? One time I borrowed an avatar pet and thought something was wrong until the lender asked me if I was sure I didn't have it. Turns out I did and forgot about it.

Hmm I wonder if there's an extra "of". I just checked the requirements again for the avatar, the joke is:

"What do you do if *blank* fierce Peophins *blank* has eaten too much *blank* tin of olives?"

But above you have:

"What do you do if *blank* fierce Peophins *blank* has eaten too much OF tin of olives?"

I hope that's not he case, that's an annoying technicality :(

Hmm I wonder if there's an extra "of". I just checked the requirements again for he avatar, the joke is:

"What do you do if *blank* fierce Peophins *blank* has eaten too much *blank* tin of olives?"

But above you have:

"What do you do if *blank* fierce Peophins *blank* has eaten too much OF tin of olives?"

I hope that's not he case, that's an annoying technicality :(

Unfortunately I think sar3ne may be right on this one...

do you actually HAVE to use the "Tin of olives" joke though or do you just have to get the king to laugh hysterically? I was under the impression that you just had to get him to laugh hysterically and the best way to do it was to tell him the "tin of olives" joke. Am I mistaken?

Guest Tahalika

do you actually HAVE to use the "Tin of olives" joke though or do you just have to get the king to laugh hysterically? I was under the impression that you just had to get him to laugh hysterically and the best way to do it was to tell him the "tin of olives" joke. Am I mistaken?

As someone who's made him hysteric without the phrase, I can confirm the phrase is needed for the avatar. Sadly it can't be simple.

There are two avatars available for Skarll. In order to get jester.gif you need to have the joke exactly as displayed on the avatar page "What do you do if fierce Peophins has eaten too much tin of olives?" The answer can be anything. I usually selected the fields at random. To get the avatar using this joke you do need to get him to laugh hysterically.

The second avatar you can get from Skarll is moodyskarl.gif and this one you just tell him a random joke that is really bad. Unfortunately it looks like you'll have to keep trying at this one.

When I was going for Skarll I told the joke for the Blumaroo Court Jester avvie everytime and got the Moody avatar first I believe, then the Jester avatar. Keep trying and you'll get it eventually! If your browser will let you once you complete the form for Skarrl and get the results of your joke press your back button and resubmit the same thing. Provided that it doesn't reload the page when you go back. For some reason FF is doing that on me and it's annoying. Keep at it! You'll get there with some more patience! :)

oh man, my sentiments go out to you! :( I used to type the wrong phrase (I think I used to always put in "A tin of olives") but recently realized my mistake. However, I have never been lucky enough to have him in hysterics

Oh, no! Extremely cool you got him in hysterics, but, a bummer you didn't get the avatar! You're not supposed to do that, that is something I would have done. ;) You've done it once and I know you can do it again! Keep at it and I know it will happen again and you will get the avatar. Until then, your avatar counter will be 224 to me! At least you give me hope that it can be done and I'm going to keep trying, too.

As someone who's made him hysteric without the phrase, I can confirm the phrase is needed for the avatar. Sadly it can't be simple.

Ok, thanks for the info. I have made him laugh and have gotten NPs. But I have never made him laugh hysterically.

Wow! That really stinks! I've been trying to get this avatar for so long, but I'm not lucky enough I guess. :( I hope you get it again.

• 1 month later...