I got a room in Amsterdam!

Marae19

Okay, well, technically it's not really Amsterdam, but a small town called Diemen, which is basically attached to Amsterdam, so anyway.

I'm going to uni next year, and will be studying in Amsterdam, which is one of the hardest cities in Holland to get a room as a student. (You don't have dorms here, you have to find your own rooms to live in) But seeing as I still have to make my exams, and it's not completely set in stone that I'll be graduating (although I'm 90% sure I will be), I hadn't really looked at rooms in Adam yet. But the daughter of one of my mom's old uni friends is going to Berlin for eight months, and was looking for someone to house sit her home in Diemen, and I got it :D

I'm really happy now, because this allows me to not have to travel an hour back and forth every day to Adam for college, which is great, but instest a 15 min bike ride, which is basically what I'm riding to school daily right now anyway. And there's a pop-up Italian pizza place which has incredible pizza's for just a few euros just a two min walk from the house, so, YAY.

Congrats! :)

I went to uni in Amsterdam as well, it's great! (Most of the time anyway :P.)

(Finding a place to live once you're done is impossible though. XD)

Ooh, what uni?

Yeah, I know. I don't think I'll want to live there after uni, though. It's just so ridiculously expensive! Utrecht is a lot better, price wise. But then again, I'm not even sure I'll stay in Holland after uni, though. It's just so small, and flat...

Congrats to you! What an awesome deal, and with a PIZZA place nearby! WooHoo!

:) :happydance:

Ooh, what uni?

Yeah, I know. I don't think I'll want to live there after uni, though. It's just so ridiculously expensive! Utrecht is a lot better, price wise. But then again, I'm not even sure I'll stay in Holland after uni, though. It's just so small, and flat...

UvA. You?

I actually ended up in Utrecht after uni. :)

Moving to another country would be nice too, although right now I just wanna find a job. Any job will do at this point. XD

Yeah! Congratulations!! What are you going to study in Amsterdam?

I myself studied in Utrecht. I didn't need to find a room, because at the time I lived in Amersfoort, so I could travel by train. I live in Arnhem now. :) you never know where you end up! haha

Congrats to you! What an awesome deal, and with a PIZZA place nearby! WooHoo!

:) :happydance:

Yes, and O MY GOD! It's soooooo good! I'm gonna gain some weight, but yeah...

UvA. You?

Moving to another country would be nice too, although right now I just wanna find a job. Any job will do at this point. XD

UvA as well. I grew up near Utrecht, which is kind of the reason I don't wanna study there, I know it by now, but maybe in a few years I'll come back. Good luck with finding a job :)

That's awesome news! Congrats and good luck! I would love to visit Amsterdam someday.

Thanks! Amsterdam is really pretty, you should visit sometimes.

Congratulations! I visited Amsterdam a couple of years ago. It was very pretty! I didn't realized how difficult it was to get an apartment there, I stayed with an expat friend.

Thanks! It's not that hard to get a normal apartment, but it is to get an affordable one for when you're in college.

Congratulations!! All your circumstances seem perfect, WOW

Yeah, I thought so, too. Now I'll just have to find something for when the girl for whom I'm housesitting comes back from Berlin. I'm fairly sure it's not gonna be as perfect, but we'll see about that later.

Yeah! Congratulations!! What are you going to study in Amsterdam?

I myself studied in Utrecht. I didn't need to find a room, because at the time I lived in Amersfoort, so I could travel by train. I live in Arnhem now. :) you never know where you end up! haha

Thanks! I'm going to study Artificial Intelligence.

I live close to Utrecht, too, but I want to move out of my parents's house (not because of anything bad, I'm just ready to live on my own), so if I'd study in Utrecht there'd be no way I'd be able to get my own appartment.

Oh, Arhnem, I can't really say anthing intelligent about it, haven't been there a lot, but I'm sure it's nice :D

UvA as well. I grew up near Utrecht, which is kind of the reason I don't wanna study there, I know it by now, but maybe in a few years I'll come back. Good luck with finding a job :)

Thanks! It's not that hard to get a normal apartment, but it is to get an affordable one for when you're in college.

Awesome. :) Artifical Intelligence sounds great! (I studied film theory, which was hopeless.)

It makes sense that you'd wanna study some place other than Utrecht then. :)

Thanks!

(Actually, in my experience, finding a normal apartment in Amsterdam is even worse than finding a room as a student. (Except for expats.) Most people I know (including myself) had to leave Amsterdam after uni, simply because finding a place to live was impossible.)

Awesome. :) Artifical Intelligence sounds great! (I studied film theory, which was hopeless.)

It makes sense that you'd wanna study some place other than Utrecht then. :)

Thanks!

(Actually, in my experience, finding a normal apartment in Amsterdam is even worse than finding a room as a student. (Except for expats.) Most people I know (including myself) had to leave Amsterdam after uni, simply because finding a place to live was impossible.)

Oh, I didn't know that, I just kinda figured that if your pricerange would get bigger, so would the amount of houses that were available. But, apparently not.

Oh, I didn't know that, I just kinda figured that if your pricerange would get bigger, so would the amount of houses that were available. But, apparently not.

Well, if you manage to get a good job immediately out of uni, then you might get lucky. But these days, finding a job, let alone a good job, straight away is unfortunately pretty unlikely. (Although considering you'll be studying artificial intelligence, you might have better luck than I did. :)) There's also sort of a waiting list (woningnet) for when your income isn't high enough for an apartment in the 'vrije sector' (I have no clue how to properly translate that to English), but unless you register 9 or 10 years in advance, you're out of luck.

Well, if you manage to get a good job immediately out of uni, then you might get lucky. But these days, finding a job, let alone a good job, straight away is unfortunately pretty unlikely. (Although considering you'll be studying artificial intelligence, you might have better luck than I did. :)) There's also sort of a waiting list (woningnet) for when your income isn't high enough for an apartment in the 'vrije sector' (I have no clue how to properly translate that to English), but unless you register 9 or 10 years in advance, you're out of luck.

Ah, okay, I understand. And I agree that 'vrije sector' is rather hard to translate properly... Free sector just doesn't sound quite right...

That's so cool! Congratulations! :)

I'm studying in Tilburg and will be done this year -- hopefully. Right now I'm interning at a film festival for kids in Amsterdam! And writing my final thesis, haha.

UvA. You?

We share the same name, the same country, and almost-the-same-livingplace-location O.o! Whoah, epic :-P And I study Business Administation; International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies. I really like movies though, so in my second, and last year i chose courses related to film, haha!

Another intern at my intern company is doing a master about ehhh film sciences? :-P Also UvA I think.

That's so cool! Congratulations! :)

I'm studying in Tilburg and will be done this year -- hopefully. Right now I'm interning at a film festival for kids in Amsterdam! And writing my final thesis, haha.

We share the same name, the same country, and almost-the-same-livingplace-location O.o! Whoah, epic :-P And I study Business Administation; International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies. I really like movies though, so in my second, and last year i chose courses related to film, haha!

Another intern at my intern company is doing a master about ehhh film sciences? :-P Also UvA I think.

Ooh, cool! :)

That's awesome. I should've done an internship. Maybe I'd have found a job by now if I had.

That's probably the same master's I did.

(Good luck with writing your thesis!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...