Doctor Who themed Neopets items

rosemaryxrue

Hello! I discovered the existence of Fish Fingers and Custard recently after watching Doctor Who obsessively, and I'm wondering what other geeky items like this might be around. Has anyone else found anything? What about related to other fandoms?

Item description for Fish Fingers and Custard: Box falls out of the sky, Neopet eats fish custard!

The Long Silver Wig wearable is a reference to Game of Thrones; it's description is, "WHERE ARE MY CYODRAKES?!"

Drillaroot and Gurrandrillge are (to my best guess) both references to the anime "Gurren Lagann" though only the item names and images are references as the descriptions don't hint at the anime at all

The Retro Usuki Hair Set looks like the buns Princess Lea has in Star Wars, but it doesn't reference anything.

The Long Silver Wig wearable is a reference to Game of Thrones; it's description is, "WHERE ARE MY CYODRAKES?!"

I'm also pretty sure the Tribal Draik outfit is also a Daenerys reference!

There's also a bunch of Michael Jackson and Firefly outfits. It's really cool :D

I believe there are some draik and grundo clothes. I also remember them drawing a marquee that was of a scene from the show. I just cannot locate it right now.

One of our staff members is a huge Firefly fan so hopefully she posts with more information, if she can recall what they are.

Packet of gravel is from Monty Python. There`s another Python thingy too but my brain is napping

I know Shrubbery (of various forms) is around, and that's also a Python reference. I think there might be an item that references the coconuts being knocked together to make the sound of horses. *goes to find*

ETA: And the item is Half Coconut Shell: When you bang two of these together they make a nice clip clopping sound.

One of my favorite aspects of Neopets has always been the references! I'm pretty sure that the Smooth Black Sphere is a reference to the Void Ship from Doctor Who, and I've always assumed that the Grim Faerie statue was a Weeping Angel reference. Plus, the text at the top of the inventory page definitely seems to reference the whole "bigger on the inside" joke.

I also love the Dark Villain Usuki Doll (Darth Vader) and the Singing Star Usuki Dolls (Destiny's Child) :)

Oh gosh, I love the references, I've spotted loads over the years. Of course I can't think of a single one of them at the moment ><

OMG. I need this item. Like nao. I hope it isn't a NC item.

Also, I really want to know about those Firefly items! I loooove Firefly! (And Buffy. Any Buffy references?)

gro_dramaticmeepiteyeshadow.gifdramatic-chipmunk.gif The Dramatic Chipmunk wears Dramatic Meepit Eye Shadow

:laughingsmiley:

I found a guide!

toy_miniwheelofmonotony.gifxzibit_meme_7219_RE_Anne_Hathaway_is_HotWe heard you liked spinning the Wheel of Monotony... Now you can spin the Wheel of Monotony while spinning the Wheel of Monotony! The Miniature Wheel of Monotony is a reference to the Xzibit meme

xD

Whilst shopping via the Shop Wizard I spotted Cheerful Sponge Kiko Plushie - a reference in appearance to Spongebob Squarepants. Gotta love these fortunate surprises :D

I knew about this one. It is the only plushie I do not want in my gallery, because I really, really don't like Spongebob. I made the mistake of telling a fellow guildie this, and he sent me six of them. -.-

gro_dramaticmeepiteyeshadow.gifdramatic-chipmunk.gif The Dramatic Chipmunk wears Dramatic Meepit Eye Shadow

:laughingsmiley:

I found a guide!

toy_miniwheelofmonotony.gifxzibit_meme_7219_RE_Anne_Hathaway_is_HotWe heard you liked spinning the Wheel of Monotony... Now you can spin the Wheel of Monotony while spinning the Wheel of Monotony! The Miniature Wheel of Monotony is a reference to the Xzibit meme

xD

Ooh, guides! Awesome, thank you for sharing!

oh and speaking of Doctor Who , The Grim Faerie Statue is a reference to the Weeping Angels from the show ... mall_trink_livingstatues.gif

Yay! Doctor Who references! (I did see the comment earlier about it, but hadn't looked it up. Now I want one...)

I'd be amazed if there's no Buffy refs anywhere. I'd like to know what the items were though.

I'm not entirely sure which items you're referring to. The Kaylee outfit? Something else? I know there's a vampire hunter stake of some kind. That might be a Buffy reference or just a vampire reference; it's hard to tell.

I've been trying to create a Captain Jack Harkness outfit, but the only decent suspenders I've found come on a bonus item from the dark prism capsule and I haven't received it despite quite a few opened capsules. Still working on it. I would love to make character outfits.

It seems there have been quite a few nerds and fans of many kinds on The Neopets Team. ;3