Pyramids will be the death of me!

OOOO: I get down to 3-4 cards left every time!!!! I COULD JUST THROW MY LAPTOP ACROSS THE ROOM!!! ARG

Please tell me i'm not the only one who chews all my nails off with this game?

I understand it is a game of patience and strategy but how long did it take you guys to win a game?

I find it quite zen actually. Clearing doesn't happen often. You have played 155 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 4 time(s).

Neoquest drives me absolutely bonkers, I just want the avatars. I truly hate it! So everyone has their game!

Unfortunately that's just how the game goes. I rarely manage to clear the pyramid. It can be profitable to play, you only earn 5k in neopoints but if you get some good random events its worth it. :)

i used to play it all the time for the daily 5k because it was kind of a relaxing game, and i eventually got the gold trophy. it's all rng and luck, and clearing the board rarely happens. however, i never play it anymore because now i feel the exact frustration that you do when it gets a couple of cards away from clearing. i guess it's one of those things where your mindset determines whether you enjoy it or not, and the trophy is just a bonus. heh. good luck!

I find it relaxing to play, too :yes: Getting to actually clear the board's just an added bonus when it occasionally happens. I'm going to play it now, just to see what my stats are xD

Edit: There you go, I think those stats say it all :laughingsmiley:

You have played 367 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 14 time(s).
Your current win streak is 0 game(s).

I play with the intent of seeing how far I can get, rather than aiming to clear the pyramid, because I know the chance of doing that is so low. But that gives you such a nice buzz when you actually manage it! And the day I cleared it 2 times in a row... :woot:

Yep, Pyramids is one of those games that can be frustrating if you're going for the trophies, because clearing happens rarely. xD People play the game for months and sometimes years before scoring the gold trophy (clearing twice in a row). On the other hand, like other posters have said, it's quite relaxing to play if you're not thinking about all that. I play it pretty much daily for the 5k, when Neo isn't lagging. :D

I've never actually played pyramids as I've heard it can be frustrating. I don't want to start another game that I'm determined to get a high-score on! LOL

I play it while I'm doing something else, like watching a tv show :P It doesn't take too much concentration, so I do a split screen on my computer and multitask. I'm the type of person who fidgets constantly, so it actually helps me pay more attention to whatever show I'm watching since I can channel the fidgeting into Pyramids. Makes it less frustrating, too, since I'm not focused 100% on the game and winning.

I find it fun and relaxing. You just can't play with the mindset that you are going to win it, because that doesn't happen very often. :p

You have played 2127 game(s), and you have cleared the pyramid 47 time(s).

See? :) It's not about skill, it's just the way the game is. I've played it with real playing cards and gotten similar outcomes.

I play it while I'm doing something else, like watching a tv show :P It doesn't take too much concentration, so I do a split screen on my computer and multitask. I'm the type of person who fidgets constantly, so it actually helps me pay more attention to whatever show I'm watching since I can channel the fidgeting into Pyramids. Makes it less frustrating, too, since I'm not focused 100% on the game and winning.

I do exactly the same thing! I've never been able to just sit and watch TV. I focus way better if I'm doing something else that doesn't require much brainpower. Like Pyramids!

woww! thanks for the responses guys! this makes me feel a lot better about my losing streak xD

i guess i'm basically in it for the trophy but i enjoy any type of card game also so yeah... and seeing your stats helps me compare! so again, thank you!

I used to play Pyramids but then it glitched some time back to where I couldn't play it anymore no matter what I did. So instead I play Solitaire.

But when I did play I'd end up getting stuck on just the 3rd rung or so and just give up.

• 3 weeks later...