Nay for Netflix/Wii problems

Breaziecat

I went to watch Netflix on our Wii (just like we did yesterday!), when I got this message: "Unable to connect to the Internet. Confirm the Internet settings of the Wii console. Error code: 50299". So I checked the Internet settings, everything was just like it should be. But I cleared and refilled it 3 or 4 times; it still didn't work...I also tried the Wii Shop Channel and the Youtube one, and they didn't work either.

Then I decided to try our other, older Wii and see if it worked. We hadn't downloaded Netflix or Youtube yet, so I did that.

They all worked on our older white wii.

I really don't understand why this is. The blue wii worked just yesterday. I thought Nintendo might have discontinued it; but why would it still work on the white one then?

Does anyone else have this problems or solutions I could try?

Wish I could help, but I did just have to buy a brand new tv and couldn't figure out how to hook up the Wii because it doesn't have an hdmi imput. OY.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts on-topic. This topic is asking for help, if you are not able to give assistance with a described issue, please do not post

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.