I'm Leaving Neopets.

Lady Lyuba

I cannot put up with the way Neopets is behaving. The site won't load for me at all anymore. I cannot complete the faerie quest I accepted today. I just want to go back to Neopets and cancel the quest because I cannot complete it. But I can't even do that.

No matter the browser I try to use, Neopets no longer works.

I can't even give away any valuables I own because I can't even get into my account. It's as if my account has been frozen.

--

Now, the above I wrote when I was much angrier. That said, since I've played on/off for 11 years, there is the chance I may come back - but it won't be for a while. I don't want to have anything to do with the site when it is behaving like this. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I'm certainly staying away while it acts like this. I know Friday's events may be a reason for it. (doing this in the middle of an event is never good). Some events or plots may come that I'll regret missing (I won't, however, miss the annual ones), but who knows, I may return someday. I often do....

I'm sorry you feel that way :( Neopets really is hard to deal with right now...

Perhaps you'll come back when things get better?

I hope so. I really feel like giving up now. D: I'll never complete that quest, but I missed the entire event mostly anyway. I hate this.

I hate hearing/reading about people leaving NeoPets. I rally hope you decide to come back after this mess is cleaned up. In my humble opinion, TDN Forums won't be the same without you.

Yeah, I'm pretty much getting ready to quit until things clear up if they do. To top it all off, I'm starting to find Neopets a bit boring and I pre-ordered Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Mortal Kombat X yesterday. Those will keep me occupied :D

I don't think that Neopets is a "childish" hobby in any way, shape or form, but I'm into other games that are less repetitive. I'd rather zoom around the streets of Chicago in Watch Dogs than buy a paint brush for a virtual pet that takes hours to save up for.

Yeah, I'm pretty much getting ready to quit until things clear up if they do. To top it all off, I'm starting to find Neopets a bit boring and I pre-ordered Borderlands: The Handsome Collection and Mortal Kombat X yesterday. Those will keep me occupied :D

I don't think that Neopets is a "childish" hobby in any way, shape or form, but I'm into other games that are less repetitive. I'd rather zoom around the streets of Chicago in Watch Dogs than buy a paint brush for a virtual pet that takes hours to save up for.

Yeah, and I'm not too much of a gamer. I've become more active on the rival site Subeta, which has some things better about it, and other things less so. I'm mostly there for the avatar dolls and the forums though....

That, and I draw and write stuff. Becoming a Tumblr artist has taken up my time and interest from gaming into being more productive. I'm glad I am. ^^

I hate hearing/reading about people leaving NeoPets. I rally hope you decide to come back after this mess is cleaned up. In my humble opinion, TDN Forums won't be the same without you.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be gone for good. I'm glad to have brought a presence to you all. And I might when this clears up, depends. I'm not sure what direction it's going in, but I hope it's good.

I'm sorry you are one of the unfortunate who are having to struggle more to participate on the site than others like myself. I've had no problem accessing the site since my return and today has actually been a pretty mild day for me lag-wise. My only real issue is that this is day three that I am unable to receive a daily faerie quest out of five that I have tried since my return. I don't mind that too much though.

You are not alone though most of the neoboards are in doomsday mode.

I'm on Subeta as well, and also mostly for the forums. My name is Reluctant_Psychic, please feel free to friend me.

I cannot put up with the way Neopets is behaving. The site won't load for me at all anymore. I cannot complete the faerie quest I accepted today. I just want to go back to Neopets and cancel the quest because I cannot complete it. But I can't even do that.

No matter the browser I try to use, Neopets no longer works.

I can't even give away any valuables I own because I can't even get into my account.

--

Now, the above I wrote when I was much angrier. That said, since I've played on/off for 11 years, there is the chance I may come back - but it won't be for a while. I don't want to have anything to do with the site when it is behaving like this. I don't know how long I'll be gone, but I'm certainly staying away while it acts like this. I know Friday's events may be a reason for it. (doing this in the middle of an event is never good). Some events or plots may come that I'll regret missing (I won't, however, miss the annual ones), but who knows, I may return someday. I often do....

I'm sorry to hear that too. I myself only officially joined Neopets late last year, but I lurked on the site on and off (mostly games and the Neopian Times). I sorta wish I'd been able to get more NP from Habi before it closed and everything. :sad01_anim: Never played Key Quest, so I'm not bothered by that. As for these forums, I've looked on here ever since I joined Neopets but just joined a few days ago. :)

Honestly, I never understood how Key Quest worked. As for the Habitatriam, it was a lot of tedious work and more weight added to the small pile of tabs I keep open, but it paid well. So I do kinda miss that.

Honestly, I never understood how Key Quest worked. As for the Habitatriam, it was a lot of tedious work and more weight added to the small pile of tabs I keep open, but it paid well. So I do kinda miss that.

I liked how cute the P3s were (especially when eating). :D

Lady Lyuba, I do hope you come back too.

I liked how cute the P3s were (especially when eating). :D

Lady Lyuba, I do hope you come back too.

I will, maybe one day. It depends on how better Neo gets. But the site is inaccessible to me and probably will remain so for I don't know how long. :(

I'm sorry to see people quit. I'm going nowhere. :) I'm used to frustration, I raised children AND worked for the government. :P

I don't know why some have trouble and some don't. I don't seem to have much lag at all and no loading issues. Over the weekend I had zero lag. I've played the new app Ghouls game and receive my prizes and points immediately into my Neopets account so I don't know why I am ok and others aren't. I'm playing the app game on Facebook if that makes a difference.

My big issues of angst right now are the constant complaining and the people who won't let go of the changes issue. I'm getting more than a little tired of that. I think the communication with players is now adequate for the situation and I appreciate it. It's more than we've ever had.

Other than that, I roll with the punches.

Am back in so all good

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on topic, and make sure you have at least seven words in your post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

It apparently has to do with the premium toolbar. Disable it and you should be good.

But, caio. Good luck. ^_^

It is? But how can I turn it off when I can't even login?

I simply feel like I have no choice but to leave. :(

It is? But how can I turn it off when I can't even login?

I simply feel like I have but no choice to leave. :(

It took me like 20 minutes for me to log in, I don't think I'm even exaggerating, but eventually I did get in. Keep trying, and just be prepared for loooong wait times-- patience is the key.

Once you do manage to get the premium toolbar turned off, it should be (relatively) smooth sailing from there.

Best of luck! I hate to see more people quitting Neopets, and I hope this works for you.

I do hope you do not leave, Lady Lybua!

<3

It took me like 20 minutes for me to log in, I don't think I'm even exaggerating, but eventually I did get in. Keep trying, and just be prepared for loooong wait times-- patience is the key.

Once you do manage to get the premium toolbar turned off, it should be (relatively) smooth sailing from there.

Best of luck! I hate to see more people quitting Neopets, and I hope this works for you.

Thank you, I hope that helps...

I do hope you do not leave, Lady Lybua!

<3

It's only for now. I tend to come back to these things after a long departure. It's just a question of when.

It apparently has to do with the premium toolbar. Disable it and you should be good.

But, caio. Good luck. ^_^

That actually makes sense, now that I think about it over at the neoboards there was topic about specifically premium accounts having log-in trouble. I'm not premium so that explains why I am not having that particular issue.

I'm sorry to see people quit. I'm going nowhere. :) I'm used to frustration, I raised children AND worked for the government. :P

I don't know why some have trouble and some don't. I don't seem to have much lag at all and no loading issues. Over the weekend I had zero lag. I've played the new app Ghouls game and receive my prizes and points immediately into my Neopets account so I don't know why I am ok and others aren't. I'm playing the app game on Facebook if that makes a difference.

Same here, I am having very mild lag experiences and zero page loading issues. Are you premium? I'm not and am wondering if that issue is also linked to the heavier difficulties premium members are having. If you are not premium and the OP is that would certainly be fitting evidence.

My big issues of angst right now are the constant complaining and the people who won't let go of the changes issue. I'm getting more than a little tired of that. I think the communication with players is now adequate for the situation and I appreciate it. It's more than we've ever had.

Other than that, I roll with the punches.

Same, the Neoboards are full of negativity, several members are still not convinced that the ship isn't going down and remain in doomsday mode. How messed up is it that one of the most pessimistic people on the planet (Yup that would be moi) is actually one of few there with a positive attitude towards the change to come!? A new content writer just begun at JS and upon their very first news post there was a freaking lynch mob ready with their pitchforks and nooses over a few minor term errors and a bland tone!

It's not like Neopets has never been through dramatic changes before, doesn't anyone remember the site design change and the pet conversions? I'm pretty sure JS isn't even planning anything close to that! But because they layed off TNT they are getting all the smack! I get why that was an upsetting move but maybe they have a valid reason. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if JS wouldn't have been able to meet TNT's salary needs.

It's ticking me off that no one wants to see what they dish out before lynching them!

There's an app on Facebook? Hmm, I may have to check that out.

There's an app on Facebook? Hmm, I may have to check that out.

Neopets released "Ghoul Catchers" for Facebook and iPhone/iPad. Soon to be released for Android, Amazon, and Windows Phone. You can read a little more about it and issues some TDN'ers are having here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/44088-ghoul-catchers/. If playing from Facebook on a computer, it uses "Unity". My apologies if this is off topic.

To stay on topic, I'm sorry to see anyone go, but I can understand your frustruations, Lady Lyuba. When you reach the point that something is not longer fun, then it is a good time for a break. Hopefully you will still pop in on TDN and say "Hi!"?

I pre-ordered Mortal Kombat X too! I love the whole game series, and can't wait to get it. I've been going the store, and paying a little every month.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please stay on topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I hope you decide to come back, Lady Lyuba. I know it's a pain in the rear right now, but hopefully TNT will be able to get things in working order sooner than later! I do wonder about Jumpstart's letting some members of TNT go. I wonder if that was a smart move, given the glitches and odd happenings around Neopia lately? Oh well. Nothing will change that, just one of several mental musings I've had lately.

Anyway, in the meantime I hope that you have a good hiatus!

Neopets released "Ghoul Catchers" for Facebook and iPhone/iPad. Soon to be released for Android, Amazon, and Windows Phone. You can read a little more about it and issues some TDN'ers are having here: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/44088-ghoul-catchers/. If playing from Facebook on a computer, it uses "Unity". My apologies if this is off topic.

To stay on topic, I'm sorry to see anyone go, but I can understand your frustruations, Lady Lyuba. When you reach the point that something is not longer fun, then it is a good time for a break. Hopefully you will still pop in on TDN and say "Hi!"?

Ah, I've heard about this Ghoul Catchers and that it may be the cause of some of the glitches or at least is part of them. There have been reports of prizes not being awarded properly. Seeing as I'm not having glitch issues and very little lag I may give it a go.