Ghoul Catchers

sapphireau

I never said "mains can't get in and sides can." I said some people can't get in on their mains; the only people who would even try on their sides would be those for whom their mains didn't work (or I guess maybe people who wanted to gather twice the sign-up bonuses... which is clearly cheating, and seemed to be the insinuation some people were making about those of us in the former category).

I have no idea what the issue is; I thought maybe it had something to do with differences in what kind of characters were allowed in the passwords between the two systems (which is why I tried changing my password), but that's not it. I have heard that it seems to be older accounts having issues, but I really don't know. I'm sure TNT are working to figure it out.

My rant about switching mains was more directed at the attitude of people "oh no! you're breaking the rules! how dare you!" when we had no idea how the game worked until we started playing it (it's only once you start playing that the game starts handing you NP and items -- and at that point, it's too late -- the accounts are already linked). If we must play on our main and we can't access the game on our main, our only alternatives are to either not even try the new game or to change main accounts (until TNT fixes it, whenever that is...). As far as I know, TNT has not specifically addressed the issue of signing up with a side either way. While I also agree that we should exercise caution (and I have repeatedly advised others who are locked out not to join on a side), we should also wait until TNT gives clarification before going "this is 100% clearly against the rules." Because there's no real precedence for this; the Treasure Keepers game relied on codes to link your accounts. We have the rule "you can only earn NP and items on your main account," yes, but there's also the rule that if you're locked completely out of your main, you can play on a side until you regain access. As far as I'm aware, there hasn't been a glitch where a part of the site was closed to certain accounts randomly (well, people got locked out of their Habitariums -- and could temporarily create one on their sides to help unlock it -- but that was different, because the glitch was caused by how they played the Habitarium).

In short, I'd advise people who created new accounts/linked to a side without realizing the nature of the game's rewards to not play GK anymore, and to submit a ticket asking for advice on how to unlink and link to their main instead (no response on mine, yet). I'd advise those currently locked out to wait until TNT clarifies before doing anything (besides continuing to try to log on with your main). (So basically, I think we're mostly in agreement.)

Hopefully TNT will answer my ticket tomorrow.

I think the issue here was the fact of apparently talking over each other.

Then I have zero idea what your earlier post was for given I was never saying everyone can get in on their mains (which is silly I can see all over the place that people can't, I just seem to be lucky in that regard) only that it's possible (because I was able to) because of what post I was responding to which the language seemed to insinuate that main accounts no matter what couldn't log in, and the implication was that it was a universal problem when it came to logging in with a main and that the only solution was apparently to log in on a side. Also that people should be aware of what they're doing by logging in on a side on the meantime and playing (especially given it doesn't matter if they plan on getting onto their main later when things are fixed up they're still earning on the side in the meantime). But all right.

I've been playing since the day of release. I have had a couple times where I have gotten a server connection issue and have had to try again, but I've been able to log in with my main. I haven't had any delay of prizes or np being awarded so far. Just the frustrations associated with not being good at connect 3 games DX

It's a bit difficult to get straight what everyone said. The issue with me and siniri is that we both cannot log in on our main accounts (probably because it's an older account, mine is 8 years) but can connect a side account (which is younger), so we did that. There were people saying 'OOHH you're breaking the rules! You'll get frozen!', even though TNT hasn't clarified wether playing Ghoul Catchers on a side account is okay or not. So, I'm still trying to connect my main account, and not playing on my side account (who is already connected) until TNT clears up wether it's okay or not.

Your accounts, you do as you wish. I can and did simply caution against doing a certain action. In the end it's up to everyone if they want to risk their account(s).

I've been playing since the day of release. I have had a couple times where I have gotten a server connection issue and have had to try again, but I've been able to log in with my main. I haven't had any delay of prizes or np being awarded so far. Just the frustrations associated with not being good at connect 3 games DX

My issue with Ghoul Catchers is that they require you to get x amount of points within a certain time limit and I'm not entirely used to that since I've been playing games where the round ends when you 'defeat' the enemy and you have as many moves as you want and no real time limit. lol

I think the issue here was the fact of apparently talking over each other.

Then I have zero idea what your earlier post was for given I was never saying everyone can get in on their mains (which is silly I can see all over the place that people can't, I just seem to be lucky in that regard) only that it's possible (because I was able to) because of what post I was responding to which the language seemed to insinuate that main accounts no matter what couldn't log in, and the implication was that it was a universal problem when it came to logging in with a main and that the only solution was apparently to log in on a side. Also that people should be aware of what they're doing by logging in on a side on the meantime and playing (especially given it doesn't matter if they plan on getting onto their main later when things are fixed up they're still earning on the side in the meantime). But all right.

Neither Hert nor I said that "only sides can log in." Just like you were able to see that others couldn't get in on their mains, we could see that plenty of people could get in on their mains. Just because we were talking about our own specific issues (and maybe helping to inform others who might be in similar situations on what not to do, so they don't get stuck like us), that doesn't mean we were implying that those issues applied to everyone. Therefore, I took your response that it is "possible" to get in on mains to imply that Hert and I were doing something wrong and that's why we couldn't get in on our mains -- which is simply not true. That was the "point" of my reply to you (which was really basically only the first part of my earlier post).

The rest of my post was explaining why we linked our sides -- we didn't realize they would actually create items and NP that would go directly into our Neopets account. Multiple people have expressed concern about linking sides given that the game generates NP and items; I think that's a dead horse at this point. To reiterate: If you can't link your main, hold tight! Do not create a new account or link to a side. The game generates NP and items. Wait until TNT responds. That being said, TNT has no official position at this time regarding this very specific issue. Who knows when they'll get the issue resolved? In the meantime, it's not fair that our choices are to either not play or change mains (if we want to be very safe), but Neopets has never been fair.

No one has really addressed how to unlink an account, which would be useful to Hert and me -- we can't put the water back into the broken glass, but we could donate/discard all items and NP we earned and unlink our sides, which would be useful to demonstrate our intent to follow the rules strictly. I think that's because no one really knows. I don't actually know how to turn off an app in Facebook (other than disabling all apps), either. I tried to submit a report via the app, but it just took me to Neopets.com's ticket system, and I already have a ticket in. So... does anyone know how to unlink a Neopets account from GK? And/or how to disable the app?

I already preemptively replied to almost all of that so I'm not going to repeat myself (or the rebuttals can be found in earlier posts but again not going to copy and paste myself). I will say the inference was wrong especially given my earlier posts. Though I'm curious about one thing but at this point I won't bother.

As for the app thing, turning it off wouldn't do much good so there would be zero point. As for unlinking, well if there was a way to do it it would probably have been posted by now. All I get when I log in is welcome back [my username] and settings only allow for changes in sound and music. And as I do not have anything to download the ios app, I would probably have to wait until it comes on android to see about linking on multiple devices. Tho maybe someone has also tried that.

I don't know and honestly the tech in me no longer cares and the human in me is emotionally drained from personal things. I hope everything gets figured out. But eh. So instead I'll focus on sakhmet solitaire and the fact the space faerie seems to like me the past 3 days or so.

As far as I know, Facebook apps cannot be reset. If there are people who really, really want to play right now and can't connect with their main accounts, I'd suggest stopping playing with your side right now and create a fake Facebook profile, starting a new Ghoul Catchers game there. The only way to go back to the beginning on a Facebook game is to play it on another FB account.

I never said "mains can't get in and sides can." I said some people can't get in on their mains; the only people who would even try on their sides would be those for whom their mains didn't work (or I guess maybe people who wanted to gather twice the sign-up bonuses... which is clearly cheating, and seemed to be the insinuation some people were making about those of us in the former category).

If you're talking about me bringing up the rule-breaking in the first place, it was NOT out of a concern that you guys (people who linked their side accounts to ghoul catchers) were trying to cheat or get more than your fair share, which was obviously not the case. It was mainly out of a concern that people could LOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS without realizing what they might be doing wrong until it's too late.

My rant about switching mains was more directed at the attitude of people "oh no! you're breaking the rules! how dare you!" when we had no idea how the game worked until we started playing it (it's only once you start playing that the game starts handing you NP and items -- and at that point, it's too late -- the accounts are already linked).

I don't understand this, because doesn't every other game in Neopia give out NP? I thought we had information about ghoul catchers giving out np and items before it was even released. Anyway, I personally wasn't suggesting you switch your mains and I wasn't trying to attack anyone. I was trying to let a specific person know that what they were doing was probably against TNT rules (I haven't seen any evidence that it's not, and given all precedent there's no reason to think it's not), so that they could be aware of that.

I understand that you guys who can't connect your mains are in a tough place, and that it's frustrating and doesn't seem fair, but not everyone can play this yet and that's just the way it is right now. Not everyone has a facebook account or wants to connect their facebook and their neopets, or can/want to get it from itunes, or want to play right now while its still so buggy, so I'm willing to bet there are a lot of other people who can't play yet. I'm personally not playing yet either for all the above reasons. I wasn't trying to be a "tattletale" or condemn anyone and I don't think Shane for Wax was either.

Still waiting on that Google Play release.

It's insanely glitchy, most people aren't receiving NP or items as promised.

Ghoul Catchers hasn't given me any of the NP or items that I earned.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

i logged on to FB again today and it said "congrats . you are now connected .. you receive so & so and 10k" .. but i received nothing ... btw i was lvel 6 .... i played up until level 10 and still nothing ...

I logged in Facebook several days ago, maybe the day it was released. I don't use any Apple products and I didn't want to wait for the Adroid version. I didn't have any problems logging in and receiving NP and prizes. Then I was so busy I didn't have any time to play and now I'm not going to either with this glitch of missing NP, no thanks. The game isn't very interesting to be played only for fun :)

Shane for Wax, I'm having the same issue. I have three stars remaining on the Brightvale Map and they're all the 3rd star for the house and it's driving me nuts that I cannot get enough points to get those 3rd stars to move on. House 15, 17 and 18 are the ones I'm stuck on. I got close a few times and needed only one more move to make it. Oh well have to keep trying I guess.

I like how if you lose a life, you just have to wait a while for it to replenish. I've noticed on my iPhone that the app freezes and I have to shut my phone off and turn it back on to fix it so I can play again. I'm still missing my initial rewards for signing up with the game but everything else is being awarded properly.

Today I played for the first time the game and of course I didn't get my NP or items.

After a few hours I opened the game again in facebook and got my NP and items!

I don't know why. I didn't do anything!

Is it fixed to others too?

Today I played for the first time the game and of course I didn't get my NP or items.

After a few hours I opened the game again in facebook and got my NP and items!

I don't know why. I didn't do anything!

Is it fixed to others too?

Nope, I still haven't gotten anything. I submitted a ticket, but who knows what good that'll do.

I don't understand this, because doesn't every other game in Neopia give out NP? I thought we had information about ghoul catchers giving out np and items before it was even released.

Linked-account games haven't typically awarded NP or items, though -- not Petpet Park, and not the only other Facebook game that I had as a reference (Treasure Keepers -- it gave out item codes, which you could redeem on any account on Neopets). There might have been information, but I've been really busy and haven't been reading the news, etc. When I went to Ghoul Keepers, there was no warning/explanation there. You couldn't access the rules until you linked an account.

I understand that you guys who can't connect your mains are in a tough place, and that it's frustrating and doesn't seem fair, but not everyone can play this yet and that's just the way it is right now. Not everyone has a facebook account or wants to connect their facebook and their neopets, or can/want to get it from itunes, or want to play right now while its still so buggy, so I'm willing to bet there are a lot of other people who can't play yet. I'm personally not playing yet either for all the above reasons. I wasn't trying to be a "tattletale" or condemn anyone and I don't think Shane for Wax was either.

I think there's a difference, though, between choosing not to play and not actually being able to play; it would be like someone who refused to install Flash griping that they couldn't use the Habitarium vs. someone who was locked out of their habitarium. But glitches happen, and there are far worse ones on Neopets right now. It's frustrating because there's not much to do on Neopets, and I actually like the game, but it's not worth risking my account. I just hope TNT gives me the benefit of the doubt when they get around to reading my ticket update... (no update today, and I have a feeling they don't respond outside of normal business hours with the pared back staff...)

I had already pointed out that it was problematic to link to a side; having other people repeatedly saying "that's against the rules" felt like an attack, especially when someone was saying it was possible to play on mains in the same post (as if we were just choosing to play on sides out of contempt for the rules). Thank you (and Shane) for explaining that you did not mean it that way.

Shane for Wax, I'm having the same issue. I have three stars remaining on the Brightvale Map and they're all the 3rd star for the house and it's driving me nuts that I cannot get enough points to get those 3rd stars to move on. House 15, 17 and 18 are the ones I'm stuck on. I got close a few times and needed only one more move to make it. Oh well have to keep trying I guess.

I like how if you lose a life, you just have to wait a while for it to replenish. I've noticed on my iPhone that the app freezes and I have to shut my phone off and turn it back on to fix it so I can play again. I'm still missing my initial rewards for signing up with the game but everything else is being awarded properly.

Yeah I had to stop playing even tho I'm still on the first map because I was getting frustrated. lol I'm still getting my np awards tho, which is nice even tho I'm only getting 2 stars.

If you're talking about me bringing up the rule-breaking in the first place, it was NOT out of a concern that you guys (people who linked their side accounts to ghoul catchers) were trying to cheat or get more than your fair share, which was obviously not the case. It was mainly out of a concern that people could LOSE THEIR ACCOUNTS without realizing what they might be doing wrong until it's too late.

I don't understand this, because doesn't every other game in Neopia give out NP? I thought we had information about ghoul catchers giving out np and items before it was even released. Anyway, I personally wasn't suggesting you switch your mains and I wasn't trying to attack anyone. I was trying to let a specific person know that what they were doing was probably against TNT rules (I haven't seen any evidence that it's not, and given all precedent there's no reason to think it's not), so that they could be aware of that.

Still waiting on that Google Play release.

pulp explained how I could not. And also brought up what I was curious about-- not knowing about the items or np but at this point, it doesn't matter and hopefully people will know about it before resorting to sides and THEN learning about it and having to worry about losing all of their accounts to icing.

And I imagine the android version will probably be delayed given the issues with releasing on both facebook and iOS.

I do have an android device and will try to link my Neo main account to the android version of ghoul catchers.. I can't connect it with my iPhone nor my computer..

Glad the discussion above me is over. I guess it's just a miscommunication.

I started playing tonight on FB, on chrome and I got the items, and I think I've gotten most of the neopoints (i'm not super keen on the np, just the items). The game is okay. I've never played the similar games, except for gadgadsgoben? and i'm terrible at that, and this seems slightly easier as there's no time limit.

I cannot get past house 15, can't even get one little star. it's so painful. I like the boosters, there's no chance i'm paying for them though.

also, do you have to like save it before you quit? i've never used an fb app before, so i'm confused.

Just an update, I have just (a minute ago) discovered that it's also available on google play right now. Just tought you guys should know.

I started playing tonight on FB, on chrome and I got the items, and I think I've gotten most of the neopoints (i'm not super keen on the np, just the items). The game is okay. I've never played the similar games, except for gadgadsgoben? and i'm terrible at that, and this seems slightly easier as there's no time limit.

I cannot get past house 15, can't even get one little star. it's so painful. I like the boosters, there's no chance i'm paying for them though.

also, do you have to like save it before you quit? i've never used an fb app before, so i'm confused.

You don't have to save your game, it does that automatically :)

Just an update, I have just (a minute ago) discovered that it's also available on google play right now. Just tought you guys should know.

You don't have to save your game, it does that automatically :)

I already posted that they have released the Android version...