Ghoul Catchers

sapphireau

I gave in and connected my Facebook account, although I got some weird/conflicting messages that there was(n't) an account connected, but that's fixed for me now. I can still not log in on ghoul catchers, neither with my username, nor with my Facebook. I currently only have access to my iPhone, so I'm still trying.. Most of the time I get the provider error, sometimes 'an error has occurred' and once 'wrong username/password' but I didn't have to enter anything and it was correct the time after. This is really upsetting me :(

Stupid question probably but did you make sure it was linked and that you got the first two items and 10k np at the start? I know you say you haven't received any points or items, but that could mean the level bonus. If it was successfully linked, and you can provide that info you can probably get in touch with whoever is in charge of the game since it might be different from who makes the games on the site itself.

I entered my neo account info, and my facebook is connected to neo, but I did not receive the points or items at the start. I thought they would show up in a few mins after I started, but they never did.

Interesting. I would try to get as many screenshots as might be necessary to help narrow down the issue (parts where it says you're connected, as well as perhaps the entire page you see for the game) as well as a record of error messages (if any). Oh! Browser (name and version) + OS will be good information to have at hand as well. Everything on my end was near-instant after I only had trouble the once with getting my info accepted. I'm using the latest Chrome with Windows 8 desktop for reference.

I've just started playing on my iPhone and have signed onto my account without any problems. I've already completed 7 levels but still have not received my NP or items. How long does it take for NP and items to be updated? Is it normal for it to take a while? :/

As I said previously, it was near-instant for me to get both the initial prizes and the subsequent ones for completing levels (np up to 1,000 for 3 stars). But at this point I can't say for 100% certainty if my experience is supposed to be the typical or if waiting 24 hours or more is. I'm leaning towards mine being the target completion time. It could also be the difference between facebook and iOS.

At this point everyone not gaining their items or NP within 24 hours should be taking a note of any error messages, what steps they took to get started, their OS and browser of choice, and possibly your country of origin as well as your facebook name/url (if having issues with the FB version of the game obviously).

Ah alright, thanks.

All in all, this is a fantastic way of earning a quick and decent amount of NP. Loving it.

Update: just received my NP, but not yet the items.

As I said previously, it was near-instant for me to get both the initial prizes and the subsequent ones for completing levels (np up to 1,000 for 3 stars). But at this point I can't say for 100% certainty if my experience is supposed to be the typical or if waiting 24 hours or more is. I'm leaning towards mine being the target completion time. It could also be the difference between facebook and iOS.

At this point everyone not gaining their items or NP within 24 hours should be taking a note of any error messages, what steps they took to get started, their OS and browser of choice, and possibly your country of origin as well as your facebook name/url (if having issues with the FB version of the game obviously).

It works the exact same way for me as it does for you, I immediatly get all my NP, no waiting time whatsoever.

For the record, I'm playing it on Facebook (I have an iPod touch, but it's waaaayyy too old for this app).

The only thing that annoys me endlessley is the fact that 70% of the game is in Dutch (horribly translated Dutch, but technically correct Dutch nevertheless), and 30% is in English. Does anybody else have this problem as well (if your fist language isn't English, and not nessecarily Dutch, but that the game is being displayed in two languages at the same time).

I downloaded this app yesterday and I like it. So fun! I made it to level 20 with no issues until this morning trying to get the 50 stars they're asking of to move on but now I'm getting the provider error too. :( Has anyone tried deleting the app then re-installing it yet?

Ah alright, thanks.

All in all, this is a fantastic way of earning a quick and decent amount of NP. Loving it.

Update: just received my NP, but not yet the items.

No problem, glad you finally got your NP! Be sure to keep an account of what you did and did not get (I assume you got the neomail for the NP and you can perhaps show you didn't get the second w/ the items and didn't delete the message or dump the items). The NP and the items are supposed to be sent simultaneously but with separate neomails (that apparently are from yourself lol).

It works the exact same way for me as it does for you, I immediatly get all my NP, no waiting time whatsoever.

For the record, I'm playing it on Facebook (I have an iPod touch, but it's waaaayyy too old for this app).

The only thing that annoys me endlessley is the fact that 70% of the game is in Dutch (horribly translated Dutch, but technically correct Dutch nevertheless), and 30% is in English. Does anybody else have this problem as well (if your fist language isn't English, and not nessecarily Dutch, but that the game is being displayed in two languages at the same time).

I am also playing on Facebook until it comes onto google play so i can play on my nook. Which might mean we're lucky because of that.

I can't confirm the language thing since I keep my facebook in English. I could probably go and switch and see if it does the same in German (since I know more of it than the other available languages) but that takes more effort than I would like to expend. Sorry about that. :(

I have read all of the previous posts, but I'm a bit tired so please excuse me if I'm asking questions that have already been answered!

Background:

I've got the game on my iPhone and after a few hours of trying it skipped the provider error and let me log in. When it eventually let me log in it said something like welcome to Neopets? or something similar that made it sound like I'd just joined Neopets! I keep checking and I'm deffo logged in with the same account on the app and regular Neo, but I haven't received any Neomails, presents, or neopoints?

I've got three stars on all levels up to level 16 if that's of any relevance.

Questions:

- Do you have to link the app with Facebook to get the things? Or is just logging in with your Neo account sufficient?

- What message did everybody else get when they logged in the first time?

- Are you enjoying the game? :P

Feel free to ignore any silly questions that have already been answered, I'll have another look through tomorrow to pick up on what I missed :)

1) They are not facebook exclusive. They should be awarded after you link to your current Neopets account through iphone or android or whatever. I'm waiting for the android version but playing the FB version in the meantime.

2) I got a message supposedly from myself that I had new items and another one gave me the np. I don't remember the exact words. Unless you mean in the app which I think you are which I got the same welcome to neopets thing I think it's just a default thing. I wouldn't worry about it especially if you already received your bonuses.

3) I enjoyed the first dozen or so levels then decided to take a break to do other things.

if you are not using facebook, it is apparently some sort of problem with iOS specifically and not the iOS apps.

I am currently trying to log in using Facebook. My neo account is properly connected to my facebook account. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 8.1 but I seem to get stuck on the loading screen for Ghoul Catchers. I still cannot log in using my iPhone.. I do have the Unity plugin. Does anybody know how to get past this loading screen thing?

Still not past the loading screen! Ugh!

Edited by Hert123

I am currently trying to log in using Facebook. My neo account is properly connected to my facebook account. I am using Google Chrome on Windows 8.1 but I seem to get stuck on the loading screen for Ghoul Catchers. I still cannot log in using my iPhone.. I do have the Unity plugin. Does anybody know how to get past this loading screen thing?

Still not past the loading screen! Ugh!

Have you tried it with another browser? Are you using the latest version of Unity and Google Chrome? Does Chrome show the Unity plug-in and is it enabled? Strange that it works for "Shane for Wax", but not for you.

Ooh, so it requires Unity, does it. Ah well, waiting for the Android app it is then, making it work on Ubuntu is more effort than I can put in it.

Looking at this link for Pipelight, it doesn't look too difficult to install: http://pipelight.net/cms/install/installation-ubuntu.html. However, depending on your version of Ubuntu, you could still experience some issues (AppArmor), so I can understand not trying to install it. Things can be either easy or difficult when it comes to Linux. Thought this might be useful. Anyhow, I'm sure the app will be out for Android in a few months.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Have you tried it with another browser? Are you using the latest version of Unity and Google Chrome? Does Chrome show the Unity plug-in and is it enabled? Strange that it works for "Shane for Wax", but not for you.

1. Another browser - Yes. It didn't work; I still can't get past the "Loading..." screen :(

2. Latest version of Unity - It must be, because I installed with when Facebook prompted me to, while visiting the Ghoul Catchers FB page.

3. Latest version of Chrome - Yep, I updated it recently and no new updates are available.

4. Unity plug-in enable - It is installed and always allowed.

Additional info: I'm Dutch and live in the Netherlands, so maybe it's to do with my IP adress / Internet connection... On my phone I get the "Provider error" message when trying to log in with my neopet info, and messages switching between "an error occurred !!" and "Provider error" when trying to log in with my facebook account..

When you are on the Ghoul Catchers facebook page, is it just blank or are you getting the "Provider Error" message? If the page is blank, you may not have the Unity Web Player plug-in installed. It is available for Windows and Mac OS X. If you are running Linux, it may be more of a challenge. You can try Pipelight, if available for your version, or try Wine with a Windows version of IE or Firefox and download the Unity Player from one of those. I am using a Linux Mint OS and was wanting to try Ghoul Catchers, but the facebook page never displayed the game. Once I went to a Windows PC, with Unity, it worked. I got the "Provider Error" message only once, but tried it again and it has worked since (Windows PC). Not sure if this is your issue, but you may want to check if Unity is installed. Hope this helps.

I get the Neopets logo and the petpet guy with the electron like circling around him and it just sits there. Using the latest version of unity player and firefox. I HATE IE and will not install onto my machine. Chrome keeps getting malware install onto my machine (no idea).

Got the page to load in Chrome, but keep getting the sewrver provider error......

I really wish I could try this game out, but I'm also getting the provider error thing.

Oh I guess I'll have some more waiting to do.

"I HATE IE and will not install onto my machine."

My apologies. I would never suggest you install something you do not like. The reference was for a Linux OS. Some plug-ins are either not made or no longer supported for Linux. A work-around is to install Wine (WINdows Emulator) on Linux. Wine allows you to run Windows programs within Linux. With Wine, you can download a Windows version of Firefox, Chrome or IE, and run it. In turn, you can install Windows versions of plug-ins and use the Windows based web browser to access sites you normally could not with a Linux based browser. Anyhow, that doesn't appear to be your case. Again, my apologies.

Alright, nice! It works now for me, but I'm not getting my rewards :mellow:

UGH! I'm starting to hate this stupid game! I finally managed to get past the loading screen on my computer (Using I.E.) and now I can not link my Account because of the stupid "Provider error. Please try again later", message; the same massage I have been getting over and over and over on my phone! Anybody know what causes this error and how to fix this?!

It may be an issue of where you live as well as it's possible noscript or similar is getting in the way. I had to disable noscript on facebook for the game to work for me at all. And then of course re-enable elsewhere when I was done.

Tickets are starting to be responded to regarding the lack of prizes:

A solution for your issue has been suggested.

Thanks for letting us know about Ghoul Catchers!

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding as we are currently working on this issue.

We understand that you are anxious to know when this problem will be fixed. Unfortunately we are unable to determine exactly when this might be but we do our very best to get problems distributed and prioritized as quickly as possible.

We will update you once this issue has been resolved.

Thanks!

Delilah D., The Neopets Team

So the good news is - they're working on it!

Tickets are starting to be responded to regarding the lack of prizes:

So the good news is - they're working on it!

I got the same exact message from the same person regarding my ticket. I got the Brightvale prizes, but I'm still missing the initial sign-up prizes. :(