What colour is this dress?

deboratibi

48 members have voted

1. 1. What colour is this dress?

• Black and blue
    • White and gold
    • Other

When I look at the bottom I see black and blue, but at the top I see white and gold.

This pic basically exploded yesterday and it's weirding me out.

I understand the science behind why some people may see it as white and gold but it's so obviously blue and black that this whole debate thing is just confusing me. My family all see it as white and gold (I have the best eyesight in the family) so now I'm just wondering what else they see as a completely different colour to what I see. My brain hurts.

Anyway, here's a photo of it at the wedding: http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/dress-doxed#.axPnyPlpl

the dress debate has reached TDN ... hahah

Personally I cannot for the life of me see white and gold... I can't even imagine it

every color is subjective...if everyone made a color wheel they would all look different, there is no right or wrong, it has nothing to do with eyesight. Everyone's brains perceive things uniquely

life mannn :rock:

Well, I can't for the life of me see how anybody can see the blue as white, especially when the arm of the dress is right next to the white background of this forum!! Does anyone (who sees this dress as white) not see ANY contrast between the dress and white background of this forum you are typing on? Or does it blend right in?? Wow!!! That is just ODD to me. I definitely can see how people see gold, but not white at all. @EyelinerOppa, you heard wrong. It is Blue and black.

I think this dress is ugly, and frankly, I'm tired of seeing it everywhere, but for the record, I see it as a sort of periwinkle blue and ruddish gold/brown mix. :/

It really is stupid if people are calling others colourblind, as that's 99.9% a guy thing and a red/green thing xD But hey, this is the internet, arguing with strangers about really stupid things is what people do. :laughingsmiley:

It really is stupid if people are calling others colourblind, as that's 99.9% a guy thing and a red/green thing xD But hey, this is the internet, arguing with strangers about really stupid things is what people do. :laughingsmiley:

I wouldn't say 99.9%. Also I had just tested my ability to see color and I'm apparently lacking in blues and greens, not reds and greens. Essentially, I'd probably have a higher likelihood of seeing someone in current day camo except for desert and that ugly orange some countries use.

HOWEVER, this isn't a case of being color blind at all. It is a case of physics and how our eyes work when it comes to these kinds of things ALONG WITH the camera used and the lighting. The link I posted goes into more depth and you can also find a bunch of other scientific explanations.

It's kinda like how I'm not-white in most lighting, but if I have the flash on in a dark room I'll be pegged as almost pasty white. It doesn't make me a white person anymore than it makes that dress be white and gold in actual reality.

Haha no. I'm olive rather than black or white or brown.

However I have seen pictures taken where people take on a blue tinge which just shows how flawed pictures can be. I have gotten the same blue tinge as well.

• 2 weeks later...

I see it as white and gold. I don't wear glasses and happen to have perfect colour vision. The lighting in that picture seems to be off, though, giving it an inconclusive appearance.

I can see how it'd look blue, but not black. SpikeDerp.gif But, I also don't see the point of insulting people and saying they're colourblind over a poorly lit picture of a dress. Humans are unpleasant creatures sometimes.