Discovered Treasure Chest: keep or sell?

superawk

You know, from the Forgotten Shore.

I've gotten it a few times. I have one for sale on my spare account for about 8000 np. I checked it under shop wizard and I've seen them for sale from 7000-15000 np.

I was just curious what other people did. I usually open them and get like... the buried chest crackers. Can you get better things by opening it? Or should I just throw it in my shop?

I wasn't sure if there was a possibility of the outcome being more than what I would get for selling it. Seeing as I got it for free, any profit is great.

Well, jellyneo has a table of the possibilities for what's in the treasure chest. From there it'd be up to you if you think your luck is good enough for the more rare/expensive items.

You can actually get pirate morphing potions as well as a draik egg but as you'd expect it's highly unlikely. Most people would obviously just cut their hypothetical losses and sell.

Every time I've opened one I've gotten junk so I just sell all of them. I'm not one to take chances anyway since I'm always saving up for training. XD

I wished I had sold mine when they were going for 25k. I have 15 of them now, most of which I got when they were going for that much. I thought they might increase in price. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But I guess selling is still the best way to go.

I always open them. It's a small gamble. I've opened probably around 20 of them, if not more. Usually I get junk. I've only gotten something good out of the chests once.

Really it's up to you. Most likely you'll end up getting junk, but who knows.

I always sell them. Only once I opened one, got junk and decided not to gamble again. If you sell enough of them at the end even if you have gotten one rare item and all junk from the others, it will even up. And you may not get anything rare. So I sell. However, If they drop to prices under 1000 NP, then I'll start opening :)

I saw this topic and went to do my dailies...and ended up finding a chest myself lol. Thought it was a fun coincidence. :)

In any case, I always open mine. Worse comes to worse, I'm only out ~10k, which to me is not a huge loss.

At the moment I always sell them, as it's all about filling my bank at the moment. Once I manage that (I say that like it's gonna be a quick thing xD) Then I expect I'll give in and open them instead.

I would throw it in your SBD for a bit, as the prices are dropping for them (and dubloons, and other similar items from anchor management/forgotten shore) and sell when the prices are back over 20k.

I haven't tried opening one but as others have said, getting anything good is rare.