Gift Boxes / Trading Questions

I've wondered this for a long time, but never actually asked anyone about it... Is there a specific reason why NC trading is done via gift boxes? It almost seems like it's supposed to discourage trading, but then again I don't see why trading is bad. Or is it simply because when they made gift boxes in the first place, they didn't expect so much trading to happen and people haven't requested a new way to trade? Is this often discussed on the NC Mall boards? I never go there.

So many questions, lol.

Gift boxes are so impractical. In the beginning I barely had any boxes because they didn't sell cards in my country, I could only buy online. Gift boxes are a little easier to come by now, with the capsules and everything, but they're still kind of a hassle. Could there be a new trading system in the future (perhaps similar to pet trading, with a monthly limit and all) or is there a reason this would be impossible?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here, but from my understanding I'll try and answer. Apologies if this is not what you were asking.

The reason NC trading is done through gift boxes is that is the only way to send NC items between users and accounts. Originally the feature was to be use solely for gifting. Then trading became popular and nothing has changed in the system. With trading only being able to take place by the use of the gift boxes TNT makes money on the gift box mystery capsules because several traders cannot get the NC Cash cards. It's another money maker for them.

First of all, it's a mechanism for TNT to earn more.

Secondly, imagine this. A person hacks into your account. You have many pretty and popular items yet you do not have gift boxes. He won't be able to send them to his own account even if he wanted to. :) In a way, it's an assurance since technically speaking, NC is like dealing with real life money. :)

And oh, there are several ways to obtain gift boxes. First is by buying the GBCs in the mall. Second is by buying neocash cards in stores like target and wallmart. And third, buy the cards online. I have tried gametimezone, buyneocash, and lgcards. They will send the NC card code via email, hence you get the boxes that goes with them. I personally recommend gametimezone as there are no additional charges other than the cost of the NC card itself. For buyneocash, there is a 5 dollar surcharge I think. For LG cards, watch out for sales. :)

Don't forget sometimes you get free boxes from like the advent, or stocking stufftacular, or random points throughout the year.

As everyone else said, it's a deterrent for people to take an account solely for NC.

Kinda like how Xbox Live used to have microsoft points to buy things. You could do all your transactions only thru MP and never have to have your CC# on file. Thus, nobody could buy more MP on your account. Why they changed an obviously more secure way of making transactions I will never know. (I'm just glad I quit tech support before it was implemented I can only imagine what my former coworkers are going through lol)

Oh and don't forget if you can't find anyone to take your extra NC items or don't have boxes, you can always use the NC Upcycle fortune cookie. Well, if you have the spare NC anyways. The capsules with gift boxes usually are like 200NC but the Upcycle cookie is 150NC and gives a chance of nicer NC or NP items and such.

I understand what you mean, Deb! It seems in the beginning there was no way whatsoever to move NC items to other accounts. I belueve it was to prevent not only hacking, but people using NC items to create a sub-commerce on the site, such as buying pets, accounts and such. When gift boxes were created, it seems it was due to popular demand for a way to move NC items. At the same time, it prevents the things maku said from happening. It gives TNT more control of the circulation of the items.

ps: Saraiva Mega Stores sell NeoCash cards! :)

Thanks for all the responses, guys! Now it makes perfect sense!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I do have access to nc cards now, and I buy one every once in a while. It's just that even with the cards, I feel that I don't get enough boxes, lol. I've been accumulating boxes for a long time, and I have about 15 right now. I often feel like I should have more...

I didn't know about the fortune cookie though! Sounds interesting. Thanks!