Yay for being almost done with my Bachelor

AllTimeMarr

Today I handed in my assignments for two of my courses (a report and film analysis + review), and now I'm ALMOST finished with school!

Only two exams coming up, Finance and Research. This wednesday, and the wednesday next week.

The one thing left before graduation is my internship and writing my thesis. Whaaahhhhh, exciting!

Ooooh! Congratulations! What and where do you study? (I see you're Dutch as well)

I'm almost done with high school (finally), and then next year I'm gonna go to uni as well!

I'm studying Business Administration - International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies at Fontys Hogeschool in Tilburg :)

http://www.fontysaci.com/studies/ba-iemes-1

I really like my study, haha! My sister studies "regular" Business Administration, but I think my study is much more fun to do.

I did "VWO", but I decided not to go to a university though. I'm very happy with my choice so far!

I'm studying Business Administration - International Event, Music & Entertainment Studies at Fontys Hogeschool in Tilburg :)

http://www.fontysaci.com/studies/ba-iemes-1

I really like my study, haha! My sister studies "regular" Business Administration, but I think my study is much more fun to do.

I did "VWO", but I decided not to go to a university though. I'm very happy with my choice so far!

Ooh, sounds fun. Haha, I'm also going to study something that's similar to what my sibling (my brother) does, but mine is gonna be more fun :D

Ah, I'm doing VWO as well. Thank god it's my last year, it's getting sooo boring. Looking forward to university. And good luck on your last two exams!

Today I handed in my assignments for two of my courses (a report and film analysis + review), and now I'm ALMOST finished with school!

Only two exams coming up, Finance and Research. This wednesday, and the wednesday next week.

The one thing left before graduation is my internship and writing my thesis. Whaaahhhhh, exciting!

Congrats! I am very proud of you. It makes you feel like you have accomplished something wonderful. That is because you have. Your education, and that diploma you receive, is something that nobody can ever take away from you. (That might be why student loans are the one debt you can NEVER get out of, not even through bankruptcy). :sick01:

Oh, and, by the way, congratulations on getting out of the Dutch education system (as long as you don't decide to do a masters) before the new and 'improved' *cough cough* loan system.

If you're not Dutch, basically what is going to happen (if the new law is going to be approved tomorrow, but I'm fairly sure it's going to be) is that all the scolarships that everyone gets are going bye bye and you're going to have to loan everything. So, my brother, who had a scolarship for the last four years, has about 15K euro's debt, and in four years I'll probably have about 25K debt. Yay -.-''

Congrats! I want to go to college. I want to study anything and everything I can. The way I see it, I'm way behind for my age, and college has been a dream of mine. I didn't get done with my admissions in time for the spring deadline, but I reapplied for financial aid today and maybe I can get in during summer or fall. I'm so close to becoming an official college student. It is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time, but I know I'll love it. I'm so happy you're almost done with your bachelor! Do you have any plans for after college by any chance? (Sorry if that question has already been answered. I'm functioning on 2 hours of sleep right now, lol.)

Oh, and, by the way, congratulations on getting out of the Dutch education system (as long as you don't decide to do a masters) before the new and 'improved' *cough cough* loan system.

If you're not Dutch, basically what is going to happen (if the new law is going to be approved tomorrow, but I'm fairly sure it's going to be) is that all the scolarships that everyone gets are going bye bye and you're going to have to loan everything. So, my brother, who had a scolarship for the last four years, has about 15K euro's debt, and in four years I'll probably have about 25K debt. Yay -.-''

Yes, I am so glad that I could still enjoy the 'free' money, you know. I did not loan any money extra, it is true that it is the cheapest loan you'll ever get, but I did not need the money, and I do not want to start my life already in debt, haha. A friend of my sisters loans the maximum amount of money, and just spends it on going out :/ I mean, that's crazy!

Congrats! I want to go to college. I want to study anything and everything I can. The way I see it, I'm way behind for my age, and college has been a dream of mine. I didn't get done with my admissions in time for the spring deadline, but I reapplied for financial aid today and maybe I can get in during summer or fall. I'm so close to becoming an official college student. It is exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time, but I know I'll love it. I'm so happy you're almost done with your bachelor! Do you have any plans for after college by any chance? (Sorry if that question has already been answered. I'm functioning on 2 hours of sleep right now, lol.)

College is really expensive in many countries, unfortunately. I hope you'll get the financial aid and can go to college! :)

I really don't know what to do next, I have no interest in doing a master.. I've looked into it a bit, but meh, it just... doesn't attract me. Maybe I could start working somewhere.. although I did stumble upon another nice bachelor study in Belgium... XD

Well, I first have to graduate! haha

Yes, I am so glad that I could still enjoy the 'free' money, you know. I did not loan any money extra, it is true that it is the cheapest loan you'll ever get, but I did not need the money, and I do not want to start my life already in debt, haha. A friend of my sisters loans the maximum amount of money, and just spends it on going out :/ I mean, that's crazy!

College is really expensive in many countries, unfortunately. I hope you'll get the financial aid and can go to college! :)

I really don't know what to do next, I have no interest in doing a master.. I've looked into it a bit, but meh, it just... doesn't attract me. Maybe I could start working somewhere.. although I did stumble upon another nice bachelor study in Belgium... XD

Well, I first have to graduate! haha

Well, I am trying to get into a technical college to begin with. Like I said, I've applied for financial aid in my state (I'm in the US) and I have my diploma and transcript, I just need to pay my application fee and take my entrance test. I was awesome in school, so I'm not sweating the test. More than likely though, once I'm in, I will try to go for something practical like business, but what I am really interested in is psychology or something with journalism.

Well, I am trying to get into a technical college to begin with. Like I said, I've applied for financial aid in my state (I'm in the US) and I have my diploma and transcript, I just need to pay my application fee and take my entrance test. I was awesome in school, so I'm not sweating the test. More than likely though, once I'm in, I will try to go for something practical like business, but what I am really interested in is psychology or something with journalism.

if you live in california, certain community colleges were approved to offer 4 year bachelor's degrees. im not sure what your situation is, but if it is financial difficulties this is a really good opportunity for incoming college students since community colleges are significantly cheaper than universities

if you live in california, certain community colleges were approved to offer 4 year bachelor's degrees. im not sure what your situation is, but if it is financial difficulties this is a really good opportunity for incoming college students since community colleges are significantly cheaper than universities

That's true, they generally are. The TC I'm trying to get into is only 30 miles or so away from me. I don't live in Cali though, I'm in South Carolina.