ASMR - Do you experience it?

deboratibi

It's not really aversions to certain sounds, per se, but when certain sounds go directly into my right ear. ASMR is just the first thing I've heard of that sounds even remotely similar. Most people think I'm weird when I try to describe it.

I didn't say it was an aversion in your case. I said that it's unusual to feel any pain when connected to ASMR, since usually people only develop an aversion to a sound, not pain. Which would mean it is probably something else that happens in the same area of the brain that ASMR does.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Yes I feel it every now and then. The french call something similar, frisson. Goosebumps, tingles, warmths, empathies. It took me a long time to figure out that I should stop swallowing my toothpaste as that extra sensitive toothpaste does the exact opposite! It takes away your sensitivity. anywho, I got an info page on asmr and what it is here http://www.asmrstudio.com/ 

• 4 months later...

Gonna revive this topic since I'm listening to a dog munching on chicken right now. I listen to it on most days to help me fall asleep. I experience anxiety and it just lets my brain focus on something else and ease it to sleep. Sometimes I wish I had some type of face mask with headphones so it can hold the screen up for me while I listen hands-free. Holding my phone up is kind of annoying ?

I don't feel the tingles, but I'm obsessed with ASMR and all its different genres: whispering, tapping, scratching, mic brushing, ear cupping, mukbang, serial killer victim role play, you name it. I just find it so relaxing, and it helps me fall asleep at night.

23 hours ago, Greywindd said:

Gonna revive this topic since I'm listening to a dog munching on chicken right now. I listen to it on most days to help me fall asleep. I experience anxiety and it just lets my brain focus on something else and ease it to sleep. Sometimes I wish I had some type of face mask with headphones so it can hold the screen up for me while I listen hands-free. Holding my phone up is kind of annoying ?<span>

If you like ASMR with animals, may I suggest some good ol' cat purring?:

I love cats purring but there's something about them kneading (making biscuits ) too that makes it extra special! Crinkling stuff and something with a nice crunch, like chopping chocolate, are my favorite triggers; they instantly send me to a trance. ephemeralrift has been responsible for sending me to sleep many times. Oddly enough, it's always Margaret or the plague doctor. His House of Tingles introduced me to his channel and I'v been a lifelong fan. MassageASMR, SensorADI, and Baumgartner Restoration regularly cycle through my headphones as well.

• 1 year later...
On 5/13/2019 at 8:20 AM, Hanso said:

I don't feel the tingles, but I'm obsessed with ASMR and all its different genres: whispering, tapping, scratching, mic brushing, ear cupping, mukbang, serial killer victim role play, you name it. I just find it so relaxing, and it helps me fall asleep at night.

Have you tried slime ASMR? https://asmrstate.com/asmr-videos/slime-asmr/

Kinda embarrassed to say but I'm totally addicted to ASMR. 😍 It's so weird but so wonderful. 😅 It used to be so hard for me to fall asleep but no more.

Mukbang's too disgusting for me tho! 😅

Love this one! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8HXsZJhW_s

• 3 months later...

I like the sound of rain hitting the ground, and birdsong.

Oh, and I like listening to this pig eating a cookie: https://youtu.be/6zbsUtQL4nY?t=46

A guy I follow on Insta shared a video of him feeding his baby goats oat biscuits, their crunching def fits the ASMR bill! Also they're adorable. 🥰