Did the Royal Canadian Mint infringe on Neopet's copyright?

wilsonwu89

No... it looks like a pudgy stuffed bear.

Are you thinking it looks like a Polarchuck? That's the closest resemblance I can figure.

lol it looks like a less happy plushie polarchuck with long arms. That's an adorable coin but I don't think they had any influence from neopets. It does remind me of the petpet, though I feel like I always have neo on the brain! lol

polarchuck_plushie.gif

I don't think the likelyhood of the coin was intentional. Especially not for a site that barely seems to see 10k people WORLDWIDE.

However regardless of that, that's not exactly important.

Although yes, I can see some similarities to a Polarchuck,there isn's enough similarities to call it a copyright. Especially because I believe the law has been changed and you can now consider something your own after only changing... I forget if it's 10-15% of the original.

Either way, I DOUBT there was intent, even if there was, OR wasn't. I don't think Neopets CAN or WILL do anything about it anyway.

I once thought that of a CGI humming bird used by Samsung in aTV advert of theirs shown here in the U.K.

It closely resembled one of Valenth.com's pets! lol