Awkward Turdle Newbie

EyelinerOppa

Hello there. It's nice to meet you all~ I'm not really new to Neopets, but I am new to TDN. And although I've been playing Neopets for a while now, I think I still have a whole lot to learn, so I hope you'll take care of me. *bows*

It's really hard to find out more about Neopets when no one else plays it here, and since I'm an 18-year-old girl they all think I'm pretty childish to still be playing NP. I think not.

I've played Neopets ever since I was a kid, but it's kind of an on-and-off thing, and I had switched to several accounts. I only have one account now, and I plan on keeping it that way. I only just recently started being active again, and I do hope I stick to it.

As I've mentioned, I'm 18, and I'm a girl. I live in the Philippines, and I'm a college student majoring in Linguistics. I am a fan of anime, K-Pop, and video games: a complete geek, if you put it that way. I'm quite proud of it, really.

My username is thesavagenymphxii, which is a reference to Organization XIII's twelfth member, Larxene, since I'm a big fan of Kingdom Hearts, a video game. <3 I have one pet, a blue Xweetok named XMelodiousNocturneX, a reference of the ninth member, Demyx. My TDN username is based on my ultimate bias in K-Pop, Byun Baekhyun, who is a member of a boy group named EXO. He is known for wearing eyeliner, and "oppa" is what girls call and older guy in Korea.

I'm kind of socially awkward, but I'm friendly! I've always dreamed about owning a restaurant or a cafe, so I've been collecting drinks and food in my gallery (with a bunch of faerie items because faerie items just look so amazing i can't let them go).

I hope to get along with all of you~

oh my god, is that why it's oppa gangnam style?! you learn something new.

Hello! I have the same neopets background as you, and I don't tell RL people about it much as they tend to have the same reaction as your friends :( but oh well. I'm more of a tv nerd, but we welcome all types here :) tdn's great, you can talk to people when there are evil/wonderful events on (looking at you charity corner) or just chat or ask for help. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. So, welcome!

I've been playing since I was a kid, on and off, and now I'm pretty much back on depending on how much free time I have. I think a lot of us were in the same situation when we started TDN. And, I don't think it is just for children, really. Pretty much everyone I've encountered here or on neo are adults.

I don't know anything about anime, so can't say anything about that...

I'm Michelle/blowupthesun. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! The people here are very nice and will help you out with anything you need.

oh my god, is that why it's oppa gangnam style?! you learn something new.

Hello! I have the same neopets background as you, and I don't tell RL people about it much as they tend to have the same reaction as your friends :( but oh well. I'm more of a tv nerd, but we welcome all types here :) tdn's great, you can talk to people when there are evil/wonderful events on (looking at you charity corner) or just chat or ask for help. You'll get the hang of it soon enough. So, welcome!

Yes, it's exactly why it's Oppa Gangnam Style lol~ Thank you! I watch TV shows occasionally, when my sister happens to be watching. XD And the charity corner is really so unfair. ;n; Especially since some of the prizes for Adopt A Neopian are food, and I collect those for my gallery. T_T

I've been playing since I was a kid, on and off, and now I'm pretty much back on depending on how much free time I have. I think a lot of us were in the same situation when we started TDN. And, I don't think it is just for children, really. Pretty much everyone I've encountered here or on neo are adults.

I don't know anything about anime, so can't say anything about that...

I'm Michelle/blowupthesun. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the forums! The people here are very nice and will help you out with anything you need.

True, it's not just for kids! But you know how other people think, when there's cartoons, then it's for kids. OTL I could practically feel the people's stares at me that one time I went to a computer shop to play Neopets.

It's nice to meet you too! ^^

Hello you awkward turtle, welcome to the TDN forums! People are amazing here, so I am sure you'll love it. They're all incredibly nice and helpful!

I have been playing Neopets for 8 years know, and recently came back again, and had to start over from scratch because I couldn't access my old account no more (not that I really mind, only thing I truly hated was giving up a few trophies from old plots and related avatars, haha).

I like anime too! Since a few months I've started watching some anime (alongside the 'regular' tv shows I like). Do you maybe have an account at myanimelist.net? This is my account! I might wanna take a look at yours, if you have one, for some inspiration on good anime shows to watch :)

I prefer shows with no more than ~10-40 episodes, haha. Quick watching! I am now watching One Piece, ongoing with almost 700 episodes, but I'm slowly progressing, haha. I also totally loved Angel Beats!

"I'm kind of socially awkward, but I'm friendly!" << same goes for me, haha.

Welcome to TDN from a fellow socially awkward college student! lol, you're never too old for neopets! I major in art management with a focus on art history. I'm still mourning after the loss of my old account haha, but I've kept this one for quite a few years now :)

Well anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here ^^

Hi there! I've been playing on and off for about 10 years now (I started when I was 9, now I'm 19) but I'm new to the forum as well. Only two of my friends know that I still play. I think it's sad that so many have dismissed it as a silly kids game and I would argue that it's even more fun now since I finally understand what's going on. I'm always willing to offer what little advice I have and I love talking to new people!

I used love watching K-dramas. Theyre SO addicting. For someone who is completely 100% european american I have no clue how i got soooo addicted to korean culture. I'm glad youre not listening to others about being childish. Forget them. I'm 25 and at times i feel i should be "more grown-up" then I tend to be. But I'm happy with Neopets as my hobby and playing video games and stuff. Who cares. Everyones different :O you seem awesome.