Sadness and then happiness

Musical_Shoyru

So on Black Friday I spent about $300 dollars on Christmas presents for my family and friends. I have worked extra hours for the last couple months and haven't had a day off in about a month so I could afford to drive from Texas to Michigan for Christmas and have presents for my loved ones when I got back.

I left Friday at 4p after work and being awake since 7a Friday morning. I got in Saturday around 5:10p and started un-loading my car. I drove straight through with no sleep! I started unloading my car and took a bigger load of things upstairs that took me a little bit longer. In the short 5 minutes that I was bringing things in with my family someone walked up to my car, opened my door and stole the clothes basket full of wrapped presents out of my car and ran off with them.

I was VERY sad! I worked so hard to be able to afford those and someone just took them! I understand there's awful people out there, but I cannot fathom the thought of being able to just grab presents that someone spent money on for someone else especially during such a giving season!

I also was upset because I have been so giving this holiday season! I live by the motto that you should give without expecting anything in return and I just get such joy when seeing the smiles it brings people when they open the present you gave them. So I was thinking to myself WHY!? These were meant for some amazing and kind people and now they'll never get them!

I tried calling the police and they said they don't respond to items stolen when the vehicle is unlocked or the house is unlocked. Seriously!? So I filed a report online so I had something to turn into my insurance company to see if I could cover the cost of the gifts.

The next morning a women was walking in a park down the street and she found ALL of the presents! All unwrapped and thrown around, but all of them were there! She called the police department, they matched it up with my police report and they brought them back to me this morning!

I was SO HAPPY! I even prayed that they would be returned the night before and the next morning they were there!

Now I'm going to try and get some sleep after this whole weekend because I still haven't slept! UGH! Just want to share my tiring, yet happy ending story!