New Charity Corner Is Here!

hrtbrk

I already made 200k selling Junk toys, can't believe people are doing this. You do realize r99 items are going to crash hard right?

Oh absolutely. The Kauvara card was selling for 2.4 mil yesterday and is already down in the 500k range this afternoon. I've brought in a bit over 100k on 1 np items that've been rotting in my SDB. Ah the joys of economics...

I already made 200k selling Junk toys, can't believe people are doing this. You do realize r99 items are going to crash hard right?

/shrug. I'm not exactly going for the r99 items. Making plenty of profit on the r60-r89 items, which tend to both be less risky, less crash-happy, involve a lot more one-use items (books, food) which means the supply gets straightened out sooner and have a basic investment cost in toys that is far lower.

No doubt they'll still drop, but I don't exactly see the majority of books dropping below 250-400NP, and especially not in the long run. Which is what would need to happen for me to come out with a loss.

Charity is fantastic and all, but Pirate Hat Toffees are selling at 99k. Surely TNT understand inflation(??)

Add the infuriating lag, and the frustration that I might be missing out on an avatar - though who knows after that Catacombs fiasco - I'm not feeling great about paying my Premium right now, let alone participating in this event.

Missed the first day of "Adopt a Neopian," so they better not give an avatar for that. (Where's the ~36 hours for first day convention?)

Me too FluffeeBunny.

I finally started hoarding after the Coincidence event but this is kinda ridonkulous. :sad01_anim: Didn't TNT learn after the Coincidink?!!

I'm pretty sure my plan for this whole thing is to just try sell what I have and get richer (as opposed to significantly poorer with not as much prospect for reward).

I donated once and got a feathery kazoo.. err.. wahoo.

If there is an avatar I will be fairly bummed but.. that is the way of it!

My Neopian was Soggy Boots, and he asked for pirate hat toffees, pirate lip balm, outdoor pirate flag, pirate potato crisps, and a pirate flotsam plushie. And fyi, the toffees are suuuuper overinflated (near unbuyable!) already.

Some friends of mine managed to get really expensive items out of donating r99s (like a 12kk stamp and a Yellow Draik Egg, to name a few) but so far all I'm getting is junkjunkjunk.

The only reason I'm still donating is that right now I really feel like empyting my SDB of useless, excessive items. All I'm leaving are Cybunny toys because of reasons!

I wish I didn't clean my SDB last month. I had a crap ton of stuff tucked away,

Anyway, here's my experience. It seems like just another item sink. I personally have only used the 'Toy Drive' section of it, and have found it worth it.

I sunk the remaining 175k that I had in my bank into r91 plushies (each plushie cost me between 1,000-2,000np.) With that I managed to donate a total of 27 times.

Even though I spent my entire 175k, the items you get when donating r90+ seems to give you a chance at r99's *which I did manage to get 1 r99*

So for donating between 5-10k worth of plushies, I was usually waking away with a 15-20k item (sometime's lower, yes) but came on today to find, I managed to profit BIG TIME! I'm up about 600k already, and still have that r99 + other various things to sell. I should easily be able to make about 1m+ if not, MORE!

HOWEVER

Although that's great for me, I'm also a restocker and see that really rare and expensive items are being given back to those who donate.

Meaning item prices will now deflate, while junk items inflate.

Overall, it's The Coincidence all over again-- just with 1000% better rewards, and chances of getting those rewards. However, it's gonna screw over the neo-economy.

Some friends of mine managed to get really expensive items out of donating r99s (like a 12kk stamp and a Yellow Draik Egg, to name a few) but so far all I'm getting is junkjunkjunk.

The only reason I'm still donating is that right now I really feel like empyting my SDB of useless, excessive items. All I'm leaving are Cybunny toys because of reasons!

We would be very concerned if you started discarding Cybunny stuff. TDN would have to call the neo-hospital to make sure you were well :P

FluffeeBunny, on 16 Dec 2014 - 5:18 PM, said:

Missed the first day of "Adopt a Neopian," so they better not give an avatar for that. (Where's the ~36 hours for first day convention?)

I believe TNT suggested the requirements are 15 out of 17 quests so you should be okay as long as you do the remaining quests available. That's how they combated the 36 hour thing this time around.

Charity is fantastic and all, but Pirate Hat Toffees are selling at 99k. Surely TNT understand inflation(??)

Add the infuriating lag, and the frustration that I might be missing out on an avatar - though who knows after that Catacombs fiasco - I'm not feeling great about paying my Premium right now, let alone participating in this event.

I'm so annoyed with this event that I honestly don't care if I get the avatar or not, because I'm going to be mad every time I see it either way. It's very frustrating to be paying for premium and not even be able to use the SSW.

I didn't bother with the Coincidence, and I'm not bothering with this either. I'll sell whatever toys I have in my Safety Deposit Box, but it's largely because I'd feel bad about hoarding them and the site is lagging too much for me to do anything else to earn np.

I say it;s really to late to gamble. By tomorrow most r90+ plushies will be 50k+ a piece.

And considering you're not guarenteed to get anything even close to worth what you spent on that gamble, you'd be stupid to do so.

I managed about a 2mil profit, OVERNIGHT because yesterday I was buying up r91 plushies and donating. Now that all r90+ toys are 20-30k+, it's not worth it.

Yes I made a heap, but I probably just got lucky. Really 2m in profit more then exceeded my expectation-- I'd be greedy to expect anything else.

From there on out, I'll sell the daily junk items at for a profit, and that'll be that. As for the gamble-, you'd have to have quite a bit of NP to waste.

On the otherhand- Well done TNT, You screwed the economy.

Yeah, the economy is pretty much borked. Selling cheap toys for 20k, can't manage to sell rare items for a tenth of what they were worth yesterday... I think they had a good idea, but failed to take into account how competitive Neopians get on these types of events. I'm not really bothering with the event, just selling my dailies and whatever toys I have.

I do not get it.

I checked to see what items I needed for the Landlubber, to get the Soggy Boots, and the items are not listed on the drop down menu. Am I doing something wrong? :sad01_anim: :sad02:

I do not get it.

I checked to see what items I needed for the Landlubber, to get the Soggy Boots, and the items are not listed on the drop down menu. Am I doing something wrong? :sad01_anim: :sad02:

Make sure you're on the Adopt a Neopian page and have the correct items in your inventory. Sometimes the correct items will give you a red x under the dropdown so just deselect them and try again.