Price of dubloons is down..what about deflation in smugglers cove?

battlegirl87

I've noticed that anchor management gives out a lot of fifty dubloon coins now, to the point that you can get one for around 10-12k. Coltzan's shrine gives me a one, two or five dubloon coin nearly everyday, and I have over 20 in my SDB and two 50 dubloons. It doesn't seem like it was that easy to get dubloons before, and it was definitely more expensive to buy them. So wont this make smugglers cove items basically cheap and obtainable by way more people, in turn deflating the price of those items and further driving the economy down?

Not sure if handing out dubloons like they're candy is such a great idea, but then again giving everyone meepits after the transition and pirate draik morphing potions from anchor management was not great either!

I've noticed that anchor management gives out a lot of fifty dubloon coins now, to the point that you can get one for around 10-12k. Coltzan's shrine gives me a one, two or five dubloon coin nearly everyday, and I have over 20 in my SDB and two 50 dubloons. It doesn't seem like it was that easy to get dubloons before, and it was definitely more expensive to buy them. So wont this make smugglers cove items basically cheap and obtainable by way more people, in turn deflating the price of those items and further driving the economy down?

Not sure if handing out dubloons like they're candy is such a great idea, but then again giving everyone meepits after the transition and pirate draik morphing potions from anchor management was not great either!

Yes, I recently received two, 50 dubloon coins myself from anchor management, and I had never gotten one before. I got two 20 dubloon coins from the shrine too. It does seem like they are giving them away. Hmmmm!

I think it's cool! Some neousers can't afford those higher priced items and telling them that they have to play all day, everyday for YEARS before they can afford those things that they want isn't really fair. I understand a lot of people work hard and play for years, but I know some people just don't have the time to be a restocker or search for rare items. So what if a few items prices go down? They're are MANY items on neopets that are still worth millions and are hardly obtainable, a few items going down will be fine.

I think the deflation of these items is more so to get players interested in training a battle pet, without it costing an arm and a leg, now that the Skirmishes have become a weekly occurrence. The *hope* is that you train your pet, taking dubloons out of the market.

There is no way that this will deflate smugglers cove items. They come few and far in between and never restock (I assume we're talking big time items here).

Well now would be a good time to invest in Dubloons because they might get more expensive, and it feels good to have a handfull of One Thousand Dubloon Coins in your SDB. :laughingsmiley:

Everyone brought up a good point about smuggler's cove never restocking anyway lol..there are probably people who had stashed dubloons and aren't too thrilled with the drastic price change, but personally once I made it to 1 mil in the bank I always just deposit any dubloons I get in my SDB and forget them since my BD pet cant use them to train. I never thought of them being a more common occurrence in order to get people interested in battling/training!

Smuggler's Cove doesn't restock unless one of its items is somehow destroyed (discarded, turned to sludge, or stolen -- or the account is purged); there are only a finite number (120, I think, though I could be misremembering) of each SC item across the entire site at any given time. Given their rarity, people are exceedingly careful not to leave them lying around their inventory.

I guess the deflation of dubloons could affect the prices of other things sold on KI, but I'm not sure that matters all that much.

• 2 weeks later...

Things appear only time to time in there. And if you see something you have about maybe 1 second to grab it :P

And they appear on the news so everyone will be there.

Oh haha, really!

Well. I have never seen it mentioned in the news either, haha. [but well, that must have been while I was not that active on Neopets] Never knew this. thanks :)

When I am doing my dailies via TDN dailies page, I always check it out. Guess that won't be necessary anymore (:

I'm with the same thought with the dubloons for training. That's what I use them for. Once your pet reaches level 41, then it is on to codestones for training, which can cost more or be harder to get for some. Also, aren't dubloons able to be spent on Krawk Island? (Not that there is a lot to do on the island). Maybe they are trying to boost the Krawk Island economy?

I never get the 50 dubloon coins but seriously why are they being given out so often for free? This isn't doing the market any favours at all, a two dubloon coin is barely worth 550NP any more.

These dubloons need to stop being given out for free, hopefully the price will recover soon. I'm buying up the dubloons while they are cheap, putting them in my SDB, and hopefully they will increase in price one day. :)

I'm hoping that some of these people, who buy dubloons, use them to train their pets - as it is now cheap.

I can now find a two dubloon coin for 500-600NP now - dirt cheap!

I'm stocking up on them! If the price increases back to what it was, then I get about 100% profit from selling them. Otherwise, I'll keep them in the SDB or use them for training purposes.