Cool Idea for Neopets

Musical_Shoyru

I was just thinking while visiting another neouser that; How cool would it be to be able to feed each other's pets, play with them (with toys) or groom them!? I was thinking about this because a lot of the time I'll go to a page and see sad pets that just need to be fed or played with and I want to help them! LOL

I think it'd be awesome and maybe you could even win a trophy for helping a certain amount of pets. Instead of doing something for yourself to win a trophy (Playing games, doing quests, etc.) you'd be doing something for someone else. Just a little bit of a twist up. What do you think?

Well, I sometimes keep my main pet hungry to feed him with gourmet food. I know I wont' be happy if someone feeds it meanwhile :)

Then they could add the option to turn it off if you so desired :D Problem solved

Then they could add the option to turn it off if you so desired :D Problem solved

Maybe an even better option to have to actually turn it on. Too many newbies probably won't be aware it's on, otherwise, and I could just imagine a troll going around and feeding apples to new Neopians' Kyriis, cream items to Quiggles, cheese to Skeiths and neggs to Tonu.

I was just thinking while visiting another neouser that; How cool would it be to be able to feed each other's pets, play with them (with toys) or groom them!? I was thinking about this because a lot of the time I'll go to a page and see sad pets that just need to be fed or played with and I want to help them! LOL

I think it'd be awesome and maybe you could even win a trophy for helping a certain amount of pets. Instead of doing something for yourself to win a trophy (Playing games, doing quests, etc.) you'd be doing something for someone else. Just a little bit of a twist up. What do you think?

I like this idea. I remember a Facebook game I played years ago where you could go and do things for your Facebook friends who were playing the same game, and I enjoyed it. Mind you, I like the idea of being able to do it for random people on neopets, so there is no onus of expectation on you and friends being offended if you didn't go and do something for them.

Maybe an even better option to have to actually turn it on. Too many newbies probably won't be aware it's on, otherwise, and I could just imagine a troll going around and feeding apples to new Neopians' Kyriis, cream items to Quiggles, cheese to Skeiths and neggs to Tonu.

This is a really good idea, something you have to opt into, rather than opt out of. But if it was something that was going to be an option, it would be good if it was included in the introductory tutorial, so that people at least have heard of the idea, even if they do get a bit information overloaded on first signing up and don't take a lot of it in. I know I didn't.

I think this would be a great thing on Neopets, but I have to agree that people could take advantage of the food allergies. Personally, I would like the option to feed, entertain, and heal other people's pets, but I really think something like that should happen to those pets in the pound first, to give them more of a chance to be adopted. I mean, yeah, Neopets aren't real, but if it were a real pet in the same situation, a compassionate person would want to help them, right?

I see pets all the time that are sick or very sad or dying of starvation because their owners haven't been active in a long time. I want to help those pets, and I think TNT could at least bring a trial of this idea to fruition at the very least... but I think a stronger sense of community would benefit from this idea!

I like this idea. I remember a Facebook game I played years ago where you could go and do things for your Facebook friends who were playing the same game, and I enjoyed it. Mind you, I like the idea of being able to do it for random people on neopets, so there is no onus of expectation on you and friends being offended if you didn't go and do something for them.

This is a really good idea, something you have to opt into, rather than opt out of. But if it was something that was going to be an option, it would be good if it was included in the introductory tutorial, so that people at least have heard of the idea, even if they do get a bit information overloaded on first signing up and don't take a lot of it in. I know I didn't.

That, and maybe have it clearly mentioned on a few of the more important pet-related pages. Y'know, like a mention on the quickref page ("This pet does not allow being played with, fed, or groomed by others than his/her owner", with either "not" or "played with, fed or groomed" as links to whichever location you can change these settings at) and on the pet lookup around the same area where you have the enable rating option if it's your pet, or the "rating for this pet is disabled" line if it's someone else's pet and they haven't enabled rating. Oh, and add it to the list of neopets hints you're shown at various places around the site.

I think this would be a great thing on Neopets, but I have to agree that people could take advantage of the food allergies. Personally, I would like the option to feed, entertain, and heal other people's pets, but I really think something like that should happen to those pets in the pound first, to give them more of a chance to be adopted. I mean, yeah, Neopets aren't real, but if it were a real pet in the same situation, a compassionate person would want to help them, right?

I see pets all the time that are sick or very sad or dying of starvation because their owners haven't been active in a long time. I want to help those pets, and I think TNT could at least bring a trial of this idea to fruition at the very least... but I think a stronger sense of community would benefit from this idea!

So, don't pets that go into the pound get anything done for them? I've adopted a few pound pets, but I can't remember the state they were in when I adopted them. They don't even get fed? They come out dying?

That, and maybe have it clearly mentioned on a few of the more important pet-related pages. Y'know, like a mention on the quickref page ("This pet does not allow being played with, fed, or groomed by others than his/her owner", with either "not" or "played with, fed or groomed" as links to whichever location you can change these settings at) and on the pet lookup around the same area where you have the enable rating option if it's your pet, or the "rating for this pet is disabled" line if it's someone else's pet and they haven't enabled rating. Oh, and add it to the list of neopets hints you're shown at various places around the site.

Exactly.

So, don't pets that go into the pound get anything done for them? I've adopted a few pound pets, but I can't remember the state they were in when I adopted them. They don't even get fed? They come out dying?

Nope. They don't get fed. Considerate owners place pets in the Neolodge before abandonning them so those pets don't come out dying, if you adopt them during their stay there. Otherwise the hungry down just like any other pets with owners.

Nope. They don't get fed. Considerate owners place pets in the Neolodge before abandonning them so those pets don't come out dying, if you adopt them during their stay there. Otherwise the hungry down just like any other pets with owners.

Now that you mention that, I think mine have always been in the Neolodge when I've adopted them.