Does anyone else find the GMC challenges to be pretty easy this year? There's a few of the games where I had to try a few times to get the challenge completed (like Top Chop today), but I've beaten every challenge thus far. What about you?

I am getting extremely frustrated as I still haven't completed day 4. I don't feel snow muncher is even possible!!!!

I agree. I'm not really good at games, also my mouse is about to die, so some games get harder because of that, like Mop n' Bop, and even with that problem it was easy to beat the challenge. Although... Today I must admit I needed several tries in both games... This year is my first, and I thought it would be harder...

Yeah, I do too. This isn't my first time round on the GMC, and it's ridiculously easy. Today was the first day I had any trouble at all, and usually I am ridiculously bad at these games! I have discovered that I am still really really bad at Top Chop, seeing as it took me about 20 minutes to get that one, but it's still a lot easier than I had expected.

I think the only reason we're thinking this year is easy is because there are only 2 challenges as opposed to several ones like previous years. That was more challenging, not because the scores were harder, but simply because of the volume of challengers. There's three games so far that I've gotten stuck on. Bouncey Supreme, Bumble Beams and Top Chop only because I don't play them on a regular basis and it takes practice to get there.

GMC scores are always low. Daily Dare is when they get higher and it's more challenging. :)

I must be worse at games than I thought. I've only won both games once. I don't even have the excuse of not playing games that much. A few of the games I've only played once before the challenge, but I'm struggling just as much with the ones I've had a ton of practice on, too. :sad01_anim:

Game wise, the scores you need to send are always this low. They are even reusing challenges from previous years. Daily Dare is when it gets hard. I guess it may seem easier due to it only being two challenges but the other challenges weren't that hard either as they were like adding things to your favourites list etc.

I am getting extremely frustrated as I still haven't completed day 4. I don't feel snow muncher is even possible!!!!

No way girl! You can totally do Snowmuncher! A trick is to do level one and two twice. When you get to the end of level one, do not complete it. Let the timer run out and do level one again. Once you get to the end of level one the second time, finish the level. Repeat this process for level 2.

Game wise, the scores you need to send are always this low. They are even reusing challenges from previous years. Daily Dare is when it gets hard. I guess it may seem easier due to it only being two challenges but the other challenges weren't that hard either as they were like adding things to your favourites list etc.

No way girl! You can totally do Snowmuncher! A trick is to do level one and two twice. When you get to the end of level one, do not complete it. Let the timer run out and do level one again. Once you get to the end of level one the second time, finish the level. Repeat this process for level 2.

I can't even get through level one thought! I must be not understanding something. I don't have enough time, I get bloated too quickly, etc. I don't see how it is possible to get through the level in the time allowed without getting full. I get a score of 200-300. This one game is going to prevent me from finishing the challenges. I have had to work at all of the games to get the scores, but I have been working on this one game every single day without any luck! Now I know why I don't play it. It is really frustrating me. They don't put any of the games I play in this challenge.

I can't even get through level one thought! I must be not understanding something. I don't have enough time, I get bloated too quickly, etc. I don't see how it is possible to get through the level in the time allowed without getting full. I get a score of 200-300. This one game is going to prevent me from finishing the challenges. I have had to work at all of the games to get the scores, but I have been working on this one game every single day without any luck! Now I know why I don't play it. It is really frustrating me. They don't put any of the games I play in this challenge.

Are you getting the bottles that bring you fullness down? The trick is instead of eating a bunch of snow is to eat the same colors that are bunched together and also aligning yourself above where the bottles are. I was able to get it really quickly using this method.

Also, you can search just about any Neopet game on Youtube to watch how other people play and what tricks they use. That's always useful :D

Are you getting the bottles that bring you fullness down? The trick is instead of eating a bunch of snow is to eat the same colors that are bunched together and also aligning yourself above where the bottles are. I was able to get it really quickly using this method.

Also, you can search just about any Neopet game on Youtube to watch how other people play and what tricks they use. That's always useful :D

Yes, I am getting the potions and the colored blocks. I am getting my score up to 600-800 now, but whoopie! lol. I am really frustrated. Especially because everyone is getting through them so easily, and I am getting through the rest of them too. This one stupid game is going to cost me a trophy. It is really frustrating. also because I have played it each day along with the rest of the games. Uggh!!! Thanks for your tips though. I know I sound.......uh well........frustrated.........lol.

It took me a few tries to re-familiarize myself with Top Chop, but after a few minutes, I managed to beat my previous top score, and then the same with Bruno on my 2nd try. They're not games I've ever played much, but it still was easy.

I'd be a bit more disappointed, if I didn't remember game challenges of the past where I had absolutely no hope of ever getting the score, and frustration that makes me want to smash things. :axehead:

-crosses fingers for challenges to stay easy-

I hope we don't get any more button mashing games like Top Chop. My poor abused space bar is going to fall off soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this year's games are really easy though. I remember traumatic moments of trying to get 40,000 on Snot Splatter for a challenge some time ago, and cried with joy when I discovered that the new required score was only 12k.

Most of these games have been easy for me, but only because I have a bit of practice in some of them. The game that gave me the absolute hardest time was Meepit Juice Break, and that took me well over five hours before I got the high enough score! I had a bit of trouble at first with Mop n' Bop and Lost In Space Fungus because I had never played them before. I hadn't played Snot Splatter before either, but found it fun once I got the hang of it. People on the Neoboards keep complaining that the games are too easy, while others are struggling. Not everybody is a great gamer. Certainly, not I, in most games, but I am a little scared for tomorrow's games. I hope they aren't too difficult. I've tried real hard to keep the gold streak alive this year. I've never had a solid gold game streak the whole way through, so I put forth a lot of extra effort!

Yes, I am getting the potions and the colored blocks. I am getting my score up to 600-800 now, but whoopie! lol. I am really frustrated. Especially because everyone is getting through them so easily, and I am getting through the rest of them too. This one stupid game is going to cost me a trophy. It is really frustrating. also because I have played it each day along with the rest of the games. Uggh!!! Thanks for your tips though. I know I sound.......uh well........frustrated.........lol.

Try not to always be on top of potions to get them. You can take them even from the next line or two lines sideways (sorry if it sounds broken, I'm not sure how to say that in good English). You can eat a block next to the potion (ot even two blocks), get the potion and quickly get back safely before the blocks above you fall onto you. You just have to be really quick but it's possible, I do it a lot.

Also you should use the cheat "buuuurrrrrrrrp" (4 Us and 8 Rs).

I hope you'll get your score soon!

I've never done GMC before, so I have nothing to compare it to. I'd actually been feeling relieved that nothing was too difficult and then I came to Meepit Juice Break. That one nearly broke me.

The thing I'm finding interesting about it is watching people's comments on the games, whether they find them easy or hard, and it seems like, for a lot of people, there's just this one game that they really have trouble with. But for everybody it's different. We don't all universally seem to agree that this one particular game is terrible or terribly hard, which, I know we all have different strengths and weaknesses, but I thought there might be a bit more consensus than there has been.

nightfall8705

Most of these games have been easy for me, but only because I have a bit of practice in some of them. The game that gave me the absolute hardest time was Meepit Juice Break, and that took me well over five hours before I got the high enough score! I had a bit of trouble at first with Mop n' Bop and Lost In Space Fungus because I had never played them before. I hadn't played Snot Splatter before either, but found it fun once I got the hang of it. People on the Neoboards keep complaining that the games are too easy, while others are struggling. Not everybody is a great gamer. Certainly, not I, in most games, but I am a little scared for tomorrow's games. I hope they aren't too difficult. I've tried real hard to keep the gold streak alive this year. I've never had a solid gold game streak the whole way through, so I put forth a lot of extra effort!

Part of the thing that got me through Meepit Juice Break was that I gave up on trying to connect the meepits to the right coloured juice and just focussed on keeping them alive! If it was given the wrong colour but still got to drink, I was doing OK. I think with more practice I might actually be able to try and sort the colour thing out.

i've been struggling with bumble beams and of course meepit juice break. but after reading this thread I thought I'd give bumble beams another go, and I just beat it!

Most of the games this year are easy enough or only require a little bit of practice, but yeah there's that one or two which are just so frustratingly difficult

Try not to always be on top of potions to get them. You can take them even from the next line or two lines sideways (sorry if it sounds broken, I'm not sure how to say that in good English). You can eat a block next to the potion (ot even two blocks), get the potion and quickly get back safely before the blocks above you fall onto you. You just have to be really quick but it's possible, I do it a lot.

Also you should use the cheat "buuuurrrrrrrrp" (4 Us and 8 Rs).

I hope you'll get your score soon!

yes, I am NOT using the cheat. That might be my problem. Thanks for the reminder.

I FINALLY DID IT!!!!! I SCORED 1927 on Snowmuncher!!! WHEW!!!! I thought that would be the game that kept me from completing the entire challenge.

Edited by rntracy1

I used TDN's guide for S.M.E.L.T.

I never understood that game before and always flailed...after reading the guide I knocked out the required score in no time flat.

Wingoball is one I play pretty often so I hit that score too.

Hurrah!

Pretty sure I completed all games on day of...will be interesting to see what the prizes are this year.

Good luck everyone!

:P